Value Season Polynesian Garden Mid Week $274

Booking Code
PWE room only
DHZ AP with Dine
JZJ is AP with Deluxe Dine

Nanc

Cheloconnell
08-13-2008, 08:16 AM
Thanks Nanci. I just requested a quote through MJ. We have a reservation with dine for October already for 6 days at ASM, so I called Disney. I got someone on the line who I had a language barrier with and at first they kept insisting our package was already discounted. When I gave her these codes she told me it was save a little over $20 for the whole trip - how can this be? It just doesn't make sense. We also have a reservation for our 10 year anniversary in December at Contemporary Theme park view with deluxe dine. She told me the Contemporary could not be discounted for December. Those dates were 6-10 which looked like they were included. Anyway, I have received so many different answers from them in the past depending on whom I am speaking with, I thought I would give you guys a try. Look forward to hearing from someone at MJ :mickey:

doodleboy
08-13-2008, 09:32 AM
My POR reservation for 6 nights dropped from $976 to $803 thanks to MJ. I did call this morning as well to check AP rate for BC, since I would prefer the two queens over full size beds, and felt as if I was calling Dell helpdesk. I had a difficult time understanding the cast member. When I questioned first AP rate she gave me, she gave me another that was almost $200 less for the six night stay. That should not happen.

sleeping beauty77
08-13-2008, 10:11 AM
We are staying at CBR the first four days of our trip and the Poly the last six days. I was able to get a discount on CBR but not at the Poly. Intercot is the first place I've even seen the discount mentioned and I was just hours behind when you posted. Is it possible the resorts don't have all the discount info yet?

Grumpyrules
08-13-2008, 12:44 PM
Do you anticipate discounts will be coming out for the General Public as they have in the past? In looking at the historic discount, it looks like the AP and General Public discounts are usually put out around the same time.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
08-13-2008, 03:39 PM
This is pure speculation and it was mentioned on another thread. But since Disney just did a mass mailing/emailing of PIN codes for dates effective thru 12/23 (with some black out dates) the observation was made that maybe this would cause Disney to be slower in releasing general public discounts as they wait to see the response on the PIN code mailings. Pure speculation though.

Based on what MJ posted on the AP rates, it appears that the PIN code discount and AP discount for value and moderate are about the same (though I don't know that PIN code differentiated the weekend rates). AP rate for WL and Poly are deffinitely better than the PIN codes, at least based on what I was told by a CM.

KathyMO
08-13-2008, 04:43 PM
I just called and was told the AP rate for the Thursday and Friday of Thanksgiving week is higher than my AAA rate for a standard room at AKL. Is this correct or do I need to call back.:confused:

Kathy

bmj721
08-13-2008, 05:40 PM
I called Disney for ASMu suites and was told at this time there were no discounts with this code for them. Has anyone been told differently?
:(

magicofdisney
08-13-2008, 06:47 PM
I just called and was told the AP rate for the Thursday and Friday of Thanksgiving week is higher than my AAA rate for a standard room at AKL. Is this correct or do I need to call back.:confused:

Kathy
On the website, Thursday and Friday of Thanksgiving week have no AP discount offered.

I called Disney for ASMu suites and was told at this time there were no discounts with this code for them. Has anyone been told differently?
:(
I've always been told the suites never have a discount code.

wiltsan
08-13-2008, 09:04 PM
Argh, how frustrating. We booked our annual Disney trip for October in July of this year knowing that when we booked we would not get the APD but that we would track online daily and contact Disney weekly for when it was announced and see if we could apply it to our reservation. We have done the same for our past five trips and have always been able to apply the APD to our reservation. I did my daily check of Intercot at 9:30 this morning and did not see anything posted. I then checked again this evening at 8:30 EDT and once I saw that the APD was posted, I immediately got on the phone with Disney. I tried with two different cast members and was told that the APD with the code provided only applies to Old Key West and Saratoga Springs, not the Boardwalk Villas (or any of the Boardwalk) where we are staying. I was not really given a good explanation as to if the APD's were sold out for Boardwalk or if it just wasn't offered for Boardwalk. As we have been successful in the past, I guess I will just have to keep calling Disney weekly to see if anything opens up. This frustrates me terribly - if they are saying APD then they should give them - otherwise what is the benefit? Can anyone shed any light? I also called MJ but the office was closed. :mad:

hubbyofadisneyholic
08-13-2008, 09:24 PM
When I got to work at 7:30 this morning I already had an email from Terrisue @ MJ letting me know that she had taken care of getting us the AP rate on our three days at POR in October.

That's what I call customer service!!:number1:
Maybe they should start giving lessons to Disney on how to treat customers...;)

KathyMO
08-13-2008, 09:24 PM
On the website, Thursday and Friday of Thanksgiving week have no AP discount offered.

Okay, that makes sense then. Thanks for the reply.

Kathy

Tink1
08-13-2008, 09:50 PM
..... This frustrates me terribly - if they are saying APD then they should give them - otherwise what is the benefit? Can anyone shed any light? I also called MJ but the office was closed.:mad:

AP rates at any resort are subject to availability. It is not a guarantee that anyone who has an AP will get an AP rate.

Days like today, we are on the phones before 7am and until Disney closes. All calls on discount days go to voice mail. We have to take care of the clients that have entrusted their bookings to us first and foremost.

The best way to contact us is via our website, but if you already have a booking there is not much we can do unless we takeover the booking, otherwise we cannot access it.

The clients we have that did not get the AP discount or did not get their first choice continue to be monitored and inquired upon many times a day.

Nanci

wiltsan
08-13-2008, 10:42 PM
Thanks for the feedback Nancy. I appreciate it. I believe what you are saying is that Disney could make APD available at any time and can offer up a variety of resorts at any time and so the best tack is to call daily, several times a day.

Hence, that is why people retain MJ as it is close to impossible to do the latter? ;)

Thanks again.

Tink1
08-14-2008, 12:00 AM
Thanks for the feedback Nancy. I appreciate it. I believe what you are saying is that Disney could make APD available at any time and can offer up a variety of resorts at any time and so the best tack is to call daily, several times a day.

Hence, that is why people retain MJ as it is close to impossible to do the latter? ;)

Thanks again.

Availability at Disney changes with the wind, we check continually to better our clients chances. So yes, that would be one reason people use us.

Another is that by using us you support Intercot and keep these boards fee free.

And I think there are even some people that just like us. :D

Nanc

Dsnygirl
08-14-2008, 01:11 AM
AP rates at any resort are subject to availability. It is not a guarantee that anyone who has an AP will get an AP rate.

Days like today, we are on the phones before 7am and until Disney closes. All calls on discount days go to voice mail. We have to take care of the clients that have entrusted their bookings to us first and foremost.

The clients we have that did not get the AP discount or did not get their first choice continue to be monitored and inquired upon many times a day.
Nanci

Availability at Disney changes with the wind, we check continually to better our clients chances. So yes, that would be one reason people use us.

Another is that by using us you support Intercot and keep these boards fee free.

And I think there are even some people that just like us. :D
Nanc
Nanci, thanks for making note of the fact that you guys continue to inquire about openings for those of us that missed our first choice, etc... that is why you guys are so great, and we've always had such good luck!!

We were able to get a pretty good AP discount at our first choice resort, even though it required an "upgrade" we hadn't looked for - :) - so, we're paying less than we would have for our standard room, and maybe not as little as we would have liked for a standard room discount, but at least we now have a waterview room -- and knowing you guys keep checking to see if what we ultimately would like becomes available makes you guys the best.

Thanks so much for everything -- Debbie answered each and every of my (many :blush:) questions today, and amazingly fast, too. :thumbsup:

You guys are great!! (and yes, many of us do just like you guys!! :D)

CaptSmee
08-14-2008, 02:37 AM
I would have liked to have gotten in on the Wilderness Lodge discount, but i'm ok w/the 99$ for Caribbean Beach Resort that we got for October! Can't wait to be back in the world!:thumbsup:

diz_girl
08-14-2008, 09:33 AM
Debbie has already e-mailed me at 7:06 a.m. that she was checking for us. As a pp wrote, that's customer service!

Thank you Debbie and everyone at MJ for doing such a great job!

Vinny
08-14-2008, 10:55 AM
Thanks for posting the news. We have been waiting for the AP rates to come out for our trip (9/27-10/4) at POP. We were able to save $300 on the resort.

nls721
08-14-2008, 12:59 PM
I have a room only reservation booked at CB (AAA rate direct w/ Disney). I'm at work and can't call now due to the long time onhold. But, CB is sold out already for the dates we are going. Is it even worth calling up and trying to get the discount? I wasn't sure if they just apply or if they make me rebook and since it is soldout would I still be able to rebook. Thanks!

Vinny
08-14-2008, 02:12 PM
I have a room only reservation booked at CB (AAA rate direct w/ Disney). I'm at work and can't call now due to the long time onhold. But, CB is sold out already for the dates we are going. Is it even worth calling up and trying to get the discount? I wasn't sure if they just apply or if they make me rebook and since it is soldout would I still be able to rebook. Thanks!

They should apply the AP discount to your current reservation. We booked our September trip (room only) back in May and after waiting on hold for a bit, they were able to apply the discount for our stay at POP. I am not one for waiting on hold for an extended time but the savings we got was well worth it.

nls721
08-14-2008, 02:31 PM
Thanks Vinny. Just called and to my surprise, someone picked up right away. Nope, it is already gone for my dats :(

mickeefan
08-14-2008, 08:13 PM
Here is a perfect example of what MJ is referring to in the above posts. We have booked all our trips for several years with Wendy of MJ. For us it's the only way to go.
She is fantastic to work with and the most patient person I know.
She made our Boardwalk reservations for April, 2008 way back in October, 2007. She applied the AAA discount as that was all that was available.
She continually checked to see if anything had come up and of course it hadn't. We had resolved ourselves to be happy with what we had when , in early April, I believe, she called me to say she had finally gotten us an AP discount and saved us around $600. What a pleasant surprise.
For me this would have been impossible to do.
They really do work hard for you.

TinkRocks
08-16-2008, 10:44 AM
I called yesterday (Aug. 15) to try and get the discount applied to all or part of my reservation at Pop Century (first couple of weeks in December), but nothing was available. Same thing for all the value resorts...

It just seems weird that there are only a few $ difference between Moderate resort rooms with the discount rate ($99 / night) and Value resort rooms without the discount rate ($92 / night)...

The CM I spoke with did say that Disney may release another block of discounts at a later date, but no guarantees.

Bluesky481
08-16-2008, 01:08 PM
I will never plan another DW trip without MJ ever again!!!

Denise worked hard to get us an incredible discount at POFQ...we downgraded from a King room to a standard room, but that hardly matters when we're saving $748.19!!! (Now we'll be able to go on another trip in May:mickey:)

THANK YOU, DENISE!!! :D

Dsnygirl
08-16-2008, 07:56 PM
:mickey: A big thank you goes out to Deb at MJ... she got us into a standard room at CBR, and saved us a whopping $350 + tax on our December trip!! :woohoo: :clappy: :D (And this was after already getting us an initial AP discount that was close to what we wanted but not exactly... she kept checking and got us into just what we wanted, and we're THRILLED!!!)

So, thank you, thank you, thank you -- :thanks: --

bc002k
08-17-2008, 10:18 AM
Newb question, but I don't have an AP yet. Could I still book one of these packages (the one with Deluxe Dine) through MJ and get the discounted rate? (Assuming there's any left).

But if I didn't purchase/activate the AP until I got to WDW, wouldn't they have to charge me the non-discounted rate (when they actually charged the cost to my credit card).

I'm actually considering a trip in January, and I'm sure there will be AP discounts coming out for that time of year in a couple months. I probably wouldn't purchase the AP until the last minute (eg: after already booking the package), so does anyone know how that would work (eg: when would I see the discount?)

Dsnygirl
08-17-2008, 05:40 PM
Newb question, but I don't have an AP yet. Could I still book one of these packages (the one with Deluxe Dine) through MJ and get the discounted rate? (Assuming there's any left).

But if I didn't purchase/activate the AP until I got to WDW, wouldn't they have to charge me the non-discounted rate (when they actually charged the cost to my credit card).

I'm actually considering a trip in January, and I'm sure there will be AP discounts coming out for that time of year in a couple months. I probably wouldn't purchase the AP until the last minute (eg: after already booking the package), so does anyone know how that would work (eg: when would I see the discount?)

Hi! I'm a newbie to the AP discounts, etc., too, but here's what I'd been told my the wonderful MJ folks before I got my AP.

As long as you have the AP when you check in, you can book the room at the AP rate whenever you'd like, if the rooms/discounts are available.

It seems like the AP package with dining is always available right now -- I was offered it for our December trip before the specials came out -- you just have to wait and see if AP rates come out as well for your dates.

So - I would say go ahead and book a room with MJ for January, then wait and see if the AP rates come out and if they're good enough to justify the AP. I bought mine prior to the rates coming out, but only b/c the cost of an AP was about to go up, and it made sense for me to have one, even if there weren't any good discounts. MJ doesn't charge the amount of your trip up front -- they will give you the AP cost and you just have to put down a deposit, and when you check-in, you'll have your AP and that will be when you'll pay the balance, unless you choose to pay the rest before you leave.

I hope my answer made sense -- if you have any other questions, be sure to ask!! :)

bc002k
08-17-2008, 09:00 PM
Made perfect sense, actually...thanks!!

Daisy'sMom
08-28-2008, 04:58 PM
We tried for the first week of Dec at POP, but no luck. We even tried FLorida resident, but still no luck!:confused:

chechas
09-04-2008, 07:06 PM
Woohoo! just booked the Poly for Xmas with Passholder discount (turned out to be cheaper than Florida resident) through Terrisue and Magical Journeys - thanks Terrisue!!

This will be year 4 of DD and I spending Christmas at Disney and the Poly so we are soo excited as I originally was not sure it was going to happen!

FlaTinkRAMESAM
09-19-2008, 06:25 PM
Thank-you sooooo much to Kathy at Magical Journeys... She has been so amazingly helpful!

Originally booked on my own 6 nights @ POP for 2nd week of Dec with Fla Res... (no dining... came out to $541). I finally got work to approve my vacation and I was not going to let the room go if there weren't any AP ones available as I don't have my pass renewed yet (gettin it this weekend). Filled out an MJ quote, Kathy got RIGHT back with me gave me preferred at POP for my dates with dining for $833. She called me to clarify some things and then emailed me back to tell me that she was able to get it even lower to $760!!! I am soooo excited... We've never done ANY of the character meals and with the dining plan it is actually pretty affordable and we are really gonna take advantage of it... I know Emmy is gonna be super excited! We are gonna go ahead and celebrate her birthday a month early since we usually go for a week then (but I'll be in the 3rd week of grad school) and Christmas. :o)