PDA

View Full Version : We need one more place... opinions!

Momto3littlemice
08-12-2008, 11:19 PM
Hi all,

So we are decided on the following ADRs for our trip next April. We are not on the DDP.

Le Cellier (dinner)
Crystal Palace (lunch)
Boma (dinner)
Cape May Cafe (breakfast)
Kona Cafe (lunch)

We would like to eat one more lunch or dinner at a table service. I would love to have any opinions you might have on what we should try. Here's our lineup:

Me, DH, DD5, DS4, DD1
My sister, her DH, DD1
My Mom and Dad

My sister and her husband don't eat red meat but the kids will eat pretty much anything (my DD recently tried octopus at a school outing...)

We would like something that isn't TOO pricey (or I would be going to Jiko). Any ideas? We are open to other resorts as we will have cars.

Thanks!:mickey:

JPL
08-13-2008, 02:24 AM
Ohana for Dinner

goofyfan4466
08-13-2008, 03:26 AM
chef mickey's for sure with the little ones. although it is a buffet. awesome character interaction. have fun!

Natazu
08-13-2008, 07:12 AM
I second 'Ohana, great food, great fun, and great value. They will also be able to seat your group all together.

SBETigg
08-13-2008, 07:29 AM
I second 'Ohana, great food, great fun, and great value. They will also be able to seat your group all together.

Agreed. 'Ohana is a great one for your group. If you wanted more characters for the kids, maybe 1900 Park Fare, but 'Ohana would be my preference, too.

Momto3littlemice
08-13-2008, 08:20 AM
Do you think Ohana would be good with the non red meat eaters? They also don't eat pork. I have wanted to eat there but hesitate for that reason. I thought it was a bunch of meat on skewers... what other options are there?

Thanks!:mickey:

yjgirl32
08-13-2008, 08:47 AM
Maybe the Coral Reef in Epcot. I liked it a lot and my ds3 loved watching the fish and trying to find the turtle. Good luck with your decision.

MauiMouse
08-13-2008, 08:49 AM
How about 50s Prime Time Cafe? Some good fun and good food. Very good stuffed Vegetable Pepper too. :tasty: :chef:

KAT1811
08-13-2008, 09:07 AM
I also think 'Ohana sounds like a great fit for your family. The entertainment is great for the kids. They can participate in the coconut races and the conga line. Lots of fun for them.

Some other suggestions we enjoy:

San Angel Inn (Mexico)
Whispering Canyon Cafe (WL)
1900 Park Fare (GF)
Tutto Italia (Italy)
Mama Melrose's (DHS)

Have a great trip!!!

Ropachs
08-13-2008, 09:26 AM
You already have 3 of my favorites. I would go to Chef Mickey's - not really for the food - just for the pure Disney-ness of it :mickey:

brownie
08-13-2008, 09:34 AM
Some of my suggestions would be Rose & Crown, Ohana, Sci-Fi Dine-in (not sure if that counts), or Hollywood & Vine.

Momto3littlemice
08-13-2008, 10:35 AM
Hi again all,

Thanks for all the wondeful responses and ideas. I love to have intercotee advice! Can anyone tell me a bit more about Ohana? I will have to convince my sister (who is the one that doesn't eat red meat or pork) that this is a good idea. What is it like and what are the food options?

:mickey:

mrsgaribaldi
08-13-2008, 10:57 AM
What about Rose & Crown for lunch? We've had some delicious meals there;)

KAT1811
08-13-2008, 11:15 AM
'Ohana's menu:

Starters:

Fried Wontons with dipping sauces (Peanut sauce, Chimichurri sauce, and Harissa
'Ohana bread
Salad greens with a honey lime dressing

Appetizers:

Sweet-and-Sour Shrimp
Honey-Corriander Chicken Wings

Entree:

Asian Barbecue Pork Loin
Hawaiian Pork Sausage with Pineapple-Teriyaki Glaze
Marinated Sirloin Steak
Mesquite Grilled Turkey

Sides:

Maui Scalloped Potatoes
Stir-fried Vegetables

Dessert:

‘Ohana Bread Pudding á la mode with Banana Foster Sauce

Plus they have a great drink menu and they serve a variety of drinks in a real pineapple.

* Coffee, tea, and soda is included.

Disney fans..
08-13-2008, 11:59 AM
Rose and Crown...so yummy!

disneylovinmom
08-13-2008, 02:51 PM
Have you thought about Teppan Edo in Japan at Epcot? Do they eat chicken? I so, this could work great for you. It is fun to see them cook your meal right in front of you on your table.

murphy1
08-13-2008, 03:04 PM
The lunch is being discontinued, but Garden Grill will still be serving dinner and it is awesome food, plus the characters come around a lot. It also revolves. I'm still upset no more lunch there.

SBETigg
08-13-2008, 04:30 PM
Kat, there have been menu changes. I think the changes will make the menu even more palatable for non-red meat/pork eaters. And there is plenty of food- everything is all you care to eat, so you could easily make a meal out of chicken wings and salad, or have them bring more shrimp, less red meat, or whatnot.

The wontons have been changed to dumplings, the shrimp has replaced the sausage, served on skewers, and the potatoes have become a meatless lo mein style noodle dish.

KAT1811
08-13-2008, 04:43 PM
Sherri,

That stinks. I've read that but since the menu was never updated in the menu section I assumed that they did away with the potato change. I love the Maui potatoes like so many do. Hopefully they'll bring them back. I did remember the shrimp change but forgot when I posted (I'll blame that one on the pregnancy! LOL!) Thanks for the clarification.

Kim