PDA

View Full Version : December Meet in Connecticut

MinnieMommie
08-12-2008, 10:24 PM
At the meet last week in MA we decided to schedule a meet in CT on Saturday, December 27th at the Cheesecake Factory in West Hartford (Blue Back Sq). This is tentatively an afternoon meet but the time will be confirmed at a later date.

I know it is a long way off but mark your calendars because December will be here before we know it. All are welcome and I hope to see old friends and new faces as well. I will post to this thread each month as a reminder.

Several of us already plan on attending and Greg will be flying in from S Korea on the 24th and will be able to attend. This shoudl be fun! :mickey:

grego77
08-15-2008, 10:35 AM
Count me in! :thumbsup: Already looking forward to this! :mickey:

DisneyCouture
08-15-2008, 11:22 AM
:ditto: Yay! Can't wait to see u guys!:mickey:

TikiGoddess
08-16-2008, 09:25 PM
We are usually visiting family on that day, but there is a possibility that we will be around -- I'll let you know! I hope I can come!

Kathy

MinnieMommie
08-17-2008, 07:32 AM
I hope you can meet with us Kathy! I know it is a busy week for everyone but we posted the meet early in the hopes that people will be able to plan for the holidays with that date in mind. We had just a small window of time when Greg will be back in the country so planned around his being able to attend. :mickey:

grego77
08-17-2008, 12:37 PM
We had just a small window of time when Greg will be back in the country so planned around his being able to attend. :mickey:
I feel so loved! :cloud9::cloud9:

aprilisis
08-19-2008, 08:10 AM

You are! :mickey:

Count me in for this meet. Can't wait!

MinnieMommie
08-19-2008, 08:59 PM

You're a keeper Greg! We want to make sure we keep you in the group! :thumbsup:

grego77
09-19-2008, 03:46 AM
I miss all you guys so much! Just a quick update...I will be purchasing my flight back to MA next week...but I am 95% sure I will be flying home Christmas Day and flying back to Korea on January 3...therefore the 27th of December definitely looks like it's a go!

Can't wait to see you all! :mickey::cloud9:

MinnieMommie
09-19-2008, 05:29 PM
I miss all you guys so much! Just a quick update...I will be purchasing my flight back to MA next week...but I am 95% sure I will be flying home Christmas Day and flying back to Korea on January 3...therefore the 27th of December definitely looks like it's a go!

Can't wait to see you all! :mickey::cloud9:

Thanks for the update Greg. I know you will have so many great stories to share with us in December. Till then think Cheesecake Factory and your Disney Intercot friends!! :mickey:

Epc0tphr34k
10-16-2008, 01:57 PM
i'd like to go but it looks like i will be traveling back from canada on that day. hope yall have fun

MinnieMommie
10-21-2008, 08:18 PM
Sorry you will be unable to attend. If your plans change feel free to join us. Otherwise another time!! :mickey:

TikiGoddess
10-21-2008, 09:55 PM
I should be able to make it -- looks like we will be in NY visiting my parents on Christmas Day, then at my brother's Christmas night and the day after. Hopefully we'll be home late on the 26th so I can come over. I bet Greg will have some stories to tell... :)

Kathy

MinnieMommie
10-21-2008, 10:57 PM
I should be able to make it -- looks like we will be in NY visiting my parents on Christmas Day, then at my brother's Christmas night and the day after. Hopefully we'll be home late on the 26th so I can come over. I bet Greg will have some stories to tell... :)

Kathy

I am so psyched you will be able to attend Kathy! I am dying to hear more about your contest (and about Greg's travels and about Ashley's trip to DW)! This will be a fun meet!

Do any of you NY people think you can attend? This will be just outside of Hartford, CT (at the Cheesecake Factory in W Hartford) so may not be too long a haul for some of you. Would love to see some of you again. :mickey:

TinkerbellT421
10-22-2008, 08:44 AM
Hey greg!! How are you doing!?!?!
I am hoping and praying I can make the CT meet....Last time greg made the meet before he left I had a lot of stuff happen and I wasnt online at all for like 3 weeks....and when I finally logged on the meet had already come and gone and Greg's email was left unread :(
I have to talk to DBF and see if we can make this one....Our schedules are really wierd...I want to finally meet all of you!! :mickey:

grego77
10-24-2008, 04:06 AM
Hey all...

Awww...I'm so flattered. I am REALLY looking forward to this meet! I'm so glad you can come Kathy...forget my stories...I want to hear about your amazing FREE trip you have planned!!!:mickey:

Maybe we should start getting details and preliminary headcounts within the next few weeks, eh? :secret:

Miss you all so much, and can't wait to share amazing stories.

PS. I just booked my flight for Hong Kong (to go to HK Disneyland of course!) Jan 25-27! I will be staying on property, during the BUSIEST time of the year...Chinese New Year!!! SOOO excited. Only ONE Disney park left to go...Disneyland Paris!!!
But first things first...62 more days, and I'm HOME (even if it is only for 9 days!)!!!

MinnieMommie
10-26-2008, 03:14 PM
[QUOTE=grego77;1768283]
Maybe we should start getting details and preliminary headcounts within the next few weeks, eh? :secret:

Early November I will get a prelim head count and start with some details.

See you soon. The time will fly! :mickey:

grego77
10-28-2008, 07:02 AM
See you soon. The time will fly! :mickey:
I hope so. :thumbsup:

MinnieMommie
11-01-2008, 09:57 AM
See Greg...It's already November!! :mickey:

grego77
11-04-2008, 08:31 AM
See Greg...It's already November!! :mickey:
51 more days till Xmas...which means 53 more days till the meet! :thumbsup::cloud9:

MinnieMommie
11-05-2008, 07:05 AM
Almost time for a preliminary count!! :mickey:

grego77
11-10-2008, 09:04 PM
6.5 weeks left! 46 DAYS! 44 DAYS TILL I'M HOME! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I can't wait to see you all! :mickey:

MinnieMommie
11-12-2008, 07:59 AM
6.5 weeks left! 46 DAYS! 44 DAYS TILL I'M HOME! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I can't wait to see you all! :mickey:

Yipee!! I will start organizing the list of potential attendees this weekend. Can't believe the holiday and our meet are so close. Stay safe and see you soon. :mickey:

MinnieMommie
11-14-2008, 07:53 PM
Hi all. I'm posting a list of people who have expressed interest in attending either through PM or on this thread. Think about how many people will be with you and let me know OK? Thanks.

DisneyCouture
Grego77
TikiGoddess
Aprilisis
TinkerbellT421
Jared
Roxy....

I will be with at least 3 but not too sure how many others at this time. 43 days to Meet! :mickey:

grego77
11-14-2008, 08:50 PM
I will definitely be there. I may be coming with two friends,(one you met...Shawn), but not sure yet. Can't wait!

Amy, I'm sure Laurie (smiles_rock) would also be interested in coming. Did you PM her?

MinnieMommie
11-15-2008, 06:05 PM
I will definitely be there. I may be coming with two friends,(one you met...Shawn), but not sure yet. Can't wait!

Amy, I'm sure Laurie (smiles_rock) would also be interested in coming. Did you PM her?

I just PMd Laurie. I'm pretty sure she will want to attend. Where are we in the count down Greg? :mickey:

grego77
11-15-2008, 09:25 PM
I just PMd Laurie. I'm pretty sure she will want to attend. Where are we in the count down Greg? :mickey:
39 days till Christmas (aka when I come home), and 41 days till the Meet! :party:

smiles_rock
11-17-2008, 08:47 AM
Hi everyone,

I will definately be there!!! Sorry I haven't written back in a while, I've been super busy lately. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone, it feels like its been forever since the last meet! It will probably be just me, unless I can convince my sister to come with me...I'll let you know in a few days.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Laurie

DisneyCouture
11-17-2008, 09:49 AM
Hey Everyone! I will def be there. My mom is still trying to figure out what is going on with her schedule so I guess 2 of us for now. I can't wait to see everyone. I am still working on my trip reports from October. I had a lot of stuff going on so I haven't be able to finish. I hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving and I am so looking forward to this meet. :mickey:

MinnieMommie
11-17-2008, 06:16 PM
Hi everyone,

I will definately be there!!! Sorry I haven't written back in a while, I've been super busy lately. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone, it feels like its been forever since the last meet! It will probably be just me, unless I can convince my sister to come with me...I'll let you know in a few days.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Laurie

I am thrilled you are attending!! Very cool Laurie. Can't wait to catch up. :mickey:

Hey Everyone! I will def be there. My mom is still trying to figure out what is going on with her schedule so I guess 2 of us for now. I can't wait to see everyone. I am still working on my trip reports from October. I had a lot of stuff going on so I haven't be able to finish. I hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving and I am so looking forward to this meet. :mickey:

Hi Ashley - I hope your mom can come with you. She is awsome! Can't wait to read your trip report! :mickey:

MinnieMommie
11-17-2008, 06:19 PM
Updated list:

DisneyCouture (and maybe mom)
Laurie_rocks
Grego77 (maybe 2 friends)
TikiGoddess
Aprilisis
TinkerbellT421
Jared
Roxy....
Minniemommie (and DH and Friend plus maybe others)

Please feel free to add on. :mickey:

grego77
11-18-2008, 09:15 AM
Yay! I can't wait to see you all! I really hope your mom gets to come Ashley! I am so happy you can come Laurie! :party:

Trust me, this meet is definitely one of the things I am excited for the most when I come home! :D

MinnieMommie
11-18-2008, 07:16 PM
Yay! I can't wait to see you all! I really hope your mom gets to come Ashley! I am so happy you can come Laurie! :party:

Trust me, this meet is definitely one of the things I am excited for the most when I come home! :D

I second that!! :thumbsup:

TikiGoddess
11-18-2008, 07:48 PM
I will be there -- most likely just me. I will try to look and see if I have lists of names from past meets, just in case we've missed someone. There's the whole NYC crew but it's a bit of a haul for most of them.

Kathy

MinnieMommie
11-18-2008, 11:13 PM
I will be there -- most likely just me. I will try to look and see if I have lists of names from past meets, just in case we've missed someone. There's the whole NYC crew but it's a bit of a haul for most of them.

Kathy

Glad you are able to attend! I PMd some of the NYC people already. Are you able to pm some of the intercotees you think may be interested who have not responded to this post?

grego77
11-19-2008, 02:40 AM
Sounds like we're gonna have a big meet! YAY! 39 days and counting! :party:

BugeyedMuggy
11-19-2008, 09:48 AM
DW & I can make this one. Count us in.:party:

grego77
11-19-2008, 09:59 AM
Awesome! Looking forward to finally meeting you! :mickey:

MinnieMommie
11-19-2008, 05:45 PM
Updated list:

Laurie_rocks
Grego77 (maybe 2 friends)
TikiGoddess
Aprilisis
TinkerbellT421
Jared
Roxy....
BugeyedMuggy and DW

Please feel free to add on.

MinnieMommie
11-19-2008, 05:54 PM

Look forward to meeting you and DW. :mickey:

DisneyCouture
11-20-2008, 10:32 AM

Beth & Jim looking forward to seeing you guys again!:)

BugeyedMuggy
11-21-2008, 09:44 AM
Looking forward to seeing you again Ashley and meeting all the other locals too. :party2:

Jared
11-22-2008, 12:26 AM
I return from Disney on Dec. 26 but will try to come to the meet. Kathy, I'll keep you updated.

grego77
11-22-2008, 09:30 AM
35 days and counting!!!:mickey::party::party:

MinnieMommie
11-22-2008, 11:38 AM
I return from Disney on Dec. 26 but will try to come to the meet. Kathy, I'll keep you updated.

Hope you can make it Jared and look forward to hearing about your trip. :mickey:

MinnieMommie
11-22-2008, 11:38 AM
35 days and counting!!!:mickey::party::party:

35 days...yipee!! :mickey:

grego77
11-23-2008, 06:52 AM
Update: I talked to my friends (Shawn...who you met in August , and his gf)...they're definitely coming, with ANOTHER Disney fan too! Shawn's mom may come too. So as of now, I'm definitely Me + 3...possibly 4.

Gonna be a GREAT meet! :party:

MinnieMommie
11-23-2008, 09:56 AM
Updated list:

Laurie_rocks
Grego77 + 3 definite and 1 possible
TikiGoddess
Aprilisis
TinkerbellT421
Jared
Roxy....
BugeyedMuggy and DW

Please feel free to add on.

MinnieMommie
11-23-2008, 09:58 AM
Update: I talked to my friends (Shawn...who you met in August , and his gf)...they're definitely coming, with ANOTHER Disney fan too! Shawn's mom may come too. So as of now, I'm definitely Me + 3...possibly 4.

Gonna be a GREAT meet! :party:

This is great Greg. Looks to be a real party! :mickey:

grego77
11-24-2008, 09:51 PM
Thought you'd all like to know it's EXACTLY a month until Christmas. Which means 32 days until the meet! :mickey::party:

c&d
11-25-2008, 11:05 AM
Sorry can't make it. Driving family back to Maryland and New York that weekend.

MinnieMommie
11-25-2008, 05:43 PM
Sorry can't make it. Driving family back to Maryland and New York that weekend.

Sorry you can't make it but maybe another time. Enjoy the holidays! :mickey:

grego77
11-29-2008, 08:52 PM
25 days till Xmas...27 days till the meet! :party:

MinnieMommie
11-30-2008, 02:24 AM
Thanks for keeping the countdown going Greg. I keep loosing track of time!! Hope things are well and see you soon! :mickey:

grego77
12-02-2008, 09:26 PM
22 Days till Christmas...24 Days till the meet! We're getting close!:mickey::party:

MinnieMommie
12-02-2008, 11:34 PM
22 Days till Christmas...24 Days till the meet! We're getting close!:mickey::party:

Hey Greg - What is the time differential between where we are? Are you at time of posting 12/3? :mickey:

grego77
12-03-2008, 08:29 AM
yes, I'm 14hrs ahead. :mickey:

TinkerbellT421
12-03-2008, 01:43 PM
Well I just found out that that weekend is a no go for us. We will not be able to make it. Dang I was looking forward to it too....I hate last minute things lol...sorry guys! Have great holidays! :mickey:

MinnieMommie
12-03-2008, 05:26 PM
Sorry - we will miss you. Maybe next time. :mickey:

MinnieMommie
12-03-2008, 05:27 PM
yes, I'm 14hrs ahead. :mickey:

OK - thanks! :party:

grego77
12-08-2008, 10:03 AM
19 more days...under 20 days now! WOOO! I got the perfect Yankee Swap gift too...haha!

Can't wait to see you all!:party::mickey::party:

MinnieMommie
12-08-2008, 06:56 PM
Hey Greg,

Thanks for the reminder about the Yankee Swap. Around $5 a gift for those who want to swap? I'll put together a trivia quiz again. What else??? :mickey::party:

grego77
12-12-2008, 07:06 PM
that sounds perfect to me...add in some great food, and some EVEN BETTER Disney talk and you got yourselves an AMAZING meet! Can't wait! 15 more days!!!:mickey::party:

MinnieMommie
12-12-2008, 07:12 PM
that sounds perfect to me...add in some great food, and some EVEN BETTER Disney talk and you got yourselves an AMAZING meet! Can't wait! 15 more days!!!:mickey::party:

15 days? Wow! I need to start to pm people on the list and see who can confirm. This looks to be a great meet. I wish you safe travels home Greg! :party:

TikiGoddess
12-13-2008, 01:03 PM
Ooh, yes, Yankee Swap! I will have to start thinking about that...

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Kathy

MinnieMommie
12-13-2008, 04:21 PM
I have sent pms to all who have expressed interest in attending this meet and/or who others have suggested to me that might have an interest. Those of you who should receive a pm are:

redheadwriter
DisneyCouture
Jared
Smiles_rock
Aprilisis
TinkerbellT421
Tikigoddess
BronxTigger
Greggo77
BugeyedMuggy

If anyone elase would like to attend please post or pm me. I will forward the details.

See you all soon and Happy Holiday!! :mickey:

grego77
12-13-2008, 10:17 PM
I am a definite YES with 3 confirmed others, possibly a 4th. I will know hopefully within the next week if it will be 4 or 5 of us. Can't wait! :cloud9:

MinnieMommie
12-14-2008, 08:54 AM
Very cool Greg - look forward to seeing you and your friends! :party:

grego77
12-17-2008, 09:19 PM
10 MORE DAYS! Getting really excited now!!! :mickey::party:

grego77
12-21-2008, 06:33 AM
We're down to 6 DAYS!! WOOOO! :mickey::party::mickey:

MinnieMommie
12-21-2008, 12:21 PM
I can't believe it is almost time for our Meet! I have sent a pm to those of you who were maybes to learn if you know yet if you plan to attend. If you let me know by that morning it is fine. I just want to have a fairly accurate idea of how many will be with us so we can get the right size table.

The following intercotees are planning to attend:

DisneyCouture
TikiGoddess
Smiles_rock
Minniemommie plus 2 (maybe more)
Grego plus 3 (maybe 1 more)
Bugeyedmuggy plus 1 (maybe 2 more)

This will be fun!! :mickey: :party:

grego77
12-22-2008, 08:32 PM
I can't believe it is almost time for our Meet! I have sent a pm to those of you who were maybes to learn if you know yet if you plan to attend. If you let me know by that morning it is fine. I just want to have a fairly accurate idea of how many will be with us so we can get the right size table.

The following intercotees are planning to attend:

DisneyCouture
TikiGoddess
Smiles_rock

This will be fun!! :mickey: :party:

looks like a great group! Can't wait! :mickey:

Jared
12-25-2008, 08:01 AM
Looks like I will be there with Bethany. I return from Disney tomorrow and will drive up to Connecticut with Bethany for the meet. Should be fun.

RedheadWriter
12-25-2008, 11:35 AM
The long lost Redhead is here!
I apologize for the silence on my end. "life" took over this year and my time is taken up with business stuff.
After reading the time of the meet, I doubt I am going to be able to make it on time. I have a client at 9 AM until 11 and then there is a 1.5 hour drive out to Hartford for me.
I so would love to see you all!!!! And am sad
:(that this looks like a no go for me.

Greg, it would have been wonderful to see you!!!!

MinnieMommie
12-25-2008, 11:48 AM
Updated Meet List:

Jared
BronxTigger
DisneyCouture
TikiGoddess
Smiles_rock

Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday to all!! :party:

MinnieMommie
12-25-2008, 11:50 AM
The long lost Redhead is here!
I apologize for the silence on my end. "life" took over this year and my time is taken up with business stuff.
After reading the time of the meet, I doubt I am going to be able to make it on time. I have a client at 9 AM until 11 and then there is a 1.5 hour drive out to Hartford for me.
I so would love to see you all!!!! And am sad
:(that this looks like a no go for me.

Greg, it would have been wonderful to see you!!!!

Sorry you will not be able to attend. Hope to see you at the next meet! :mickey:

grego77
12-25-2008, 10:36 PM
Updated Meet List:

Jared
BronxTigger
DisneyCouture
TikiGoddess
Smiles_rock

Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday to all!! :party:

Merry Christmas everyone! I am HOME! I called my friend, and he and his gf are coming with me...so I have a party of 3 total...me + 2 friends. Can't wait to see you all! :mickey::party::mickey:

MinnieMommie
12-26-2008, 08:28 AM
Hi all,

Right now we have 13 confirmed for the Meet tomorrow. There are 4 more on the possible list. Please post or PM me with any changes.

The Meet is for 12 noon. I will be at the Cheesecake Factory by 11:30 to get us on a list. Remember we are having a Yankee Swap for those who want to participate. I will bring a trivia quiz as well. Other ideas are welcome!

Address:
Cheesecake Factory
(Blue Back Sq)
17 Isham Rd
West Hartford Ct 06107
(there is a parking garage)

See you all tomorrow. :party:

Greg: Happy you made it back to the States!

BugeyedMuggy
12-27-2008, 04:10 PM
Ok all,
I hope I did this right. Here's the link to the picture we took at the meet.

http://www.photolocker.net/images/BugeyedMuggy/ctdisneymeet1208.jpg

We had a great time meeting you all and cant wait to do it all again.:party:

RedheadWriter
12-27-2008, 04:18 PM
Wow!!!! I am so sorry I missed this!
Darn clients getting in the way of my Disney fun (LOL)
You all look great!!!!!!
Rachel

BugeyedMuggy
12-27-2008, 04:23 PM
This was my first Disney meet and I had a great time meeting everyone. Jim and I will keep an eye from now on and go to others that are available to us.

Beth:mickey:

TikiGoddess
12-27-2008, 04:47 PM
I had a great time seeing everyone too --- sorry I missed the picture at the end, but at least I didn't get a parking ticket... :)

Amy, thanks for putting the meet together. When's the next one, everybody?

Kathy

disneydeb
12-27-2008, 08:12 PM
Ok all,
I hope I did this right. Here's the link to the picture we took at the meet.

http://www.photolocker.net/images/BugeyedMuggy/ctdisneymeet1208.jpg

We had a great time meeting you all and cant wait to do it all again.:party:

Hi! Jared, Greg, Kathy and Bethany!
I sure do hope the rest of y'all are "fixin'" to identify yourselves!
( the accent is for Bethany!):thumbsup:

MinnieMommie
12-27-2008, 08:53 PM
I had a great time seeing everyone too --- sorry I missed the picture at the end, but at least I didn't get a parking ticket... :)

Amy, thanks for putting the meet together. When's the next one, everybody?

Kathy

We talked briefly about the next Meet. Possibly April. Will let you know. Good to see you today. :mickey:

MinnieMommie
12-27-2008, 09:00 PM
I had a great time today! What a fun group of people! On my way out of the Mall I bumped into a friend who will be visiting Disney in January the same dates as me...can you believe it??!! Look forward to seeing you all soon at our next Meet (maybe April). :mickey:

grego77
12-30-2008, 09:04 AM
It was wonderful seeing you all this weekend. It truly was one of the highlights of my trip so far!:mickey:

mouseketeer mom
12-30-2008, 05:49 PM
You all look great in the photo! I have met 3 of you..but who is everybody else??

Melanie
12-31-2008, 07:38 AM
Great turnout!!! :thumbsup:

grego77
12-31-2008, 11:41 AM
You all look great in the photo! I have met 3 of you..but who is everybody else??

From left to right: Amy (minniemommie) and her husband, Amy's father, Jim (BugeyedMuggy), me/Greg (grego77), under me is Ashley (DisneyCouture), next to me is my friend Tina, under Tina is Beth (Jim's wife), behind Tina is Bethany (BronxTigger), next to Tina is her bf Shawn, followed by Jared (Jared), and finally Laurie (smiles_rock). NOT in the picture, as mentioned above, is Kathy.

It was a fantastic turnout. I miss everyone already. I will post my picture when I get back to Korea. I will also post pictures of my whole trip home. Thanks to all for making my trip home all the more special. :mickey::mickey:

mouseketeer mom
01-01-2009, 12:59 PM
From left to right: Amy (minniemommie) and her husband, Amy's father, Jim (BugeyedMuggy), me/Greg (grego77), under me is Ashley (DisneyCouture), next to me is my friend Tina, under Tina is Beth (Jim's wife), behind Tina is Bethany (BronxTigger), next to Tina is her bf Shawn, followed by Jared (Jared), and finally Laurie (smiles_rock). NOT in the picture, as mentioned above, is Kathy.

It was a fantastic turnout. I miss everyone already. I will post my picture when I get back to Korea. I will also post pictures of my whole trip home. Thanks to all for making my trip home all the more special. :mickey::mickey:

Thanks Greg!!!:mickey:

grego77
02-02-2009, 09:55 PM
for all you facebook people, I put up my pictures from Hong Kong Disneyland! I will be putting them (plus the pictures from the Disney MeetP) on my photobucket account soon, and will link it here.

Happy Chinese New Year to all, and I miss you all so much.
:mickey:

grumpydude
03-22-2009, 07:22 PM
This sounds like a great group. :grouphug: