PDA

View Full Version : October 3rd and 4th at MK

gmgdisneymom
08-12-2008, 06:40 PM
Does anyone know what is going on? I know that they have cancelled MNSSHP for the 3rd and the part is closing early (either 3 or 5) on the 4th and all dinner ressies for MK have been cancelled.

What is happening?:confused:

crazeedizneefinatic
08-12-2008, 08:31 PM
Whatever it is, it is inconsiderate of Disney to cancel on paying guests at the last minute. I have heard differrent stories from CM's when calling in to rearrange my dining schedule and trip. Nothing in stone though. I am sure we won't find out exactly what it is till it happens. For whatever reason Disney is tightlipped about the whole thing. What's sad is that all the CM's I have talked with have different info, the park is closing, it's not closing. Some restaurants have openings some don't. I am planning on it closing to be safe, but it's crazy. Whatever it is it has me upset.:mad: I have no idea what plans to make since no one can give me a answer, it's been different 5 times! I might just do a 2 credit TS earlier in the week and forget Oct. 4th all together. Good luck to anyone that has plans for the 3rd or 4th. If anyone can confirm anything please let me know so that I can complete our schedule.

Polynesian Dweller
08-12-2008, 08:39 PM
Whatever it is, it is inconsiderate of Disney to cancel on paying guests at the last minute.
Hardly last minute with almost two months to go. And, as you know in your own thread this is already been discussed here (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=139491):

gmgdisneymom
08-13-2008, 10:47 AM
Thank you - i couldn't find any discussion when I posted. Sorry for the trouble

biodtl
08-13-2008, 10:50 AM
Hardly last minute with almost two months to go.
Normally, I would agree, but since ADRs need to be made 180 days out, it makes it a bit "last minute."

disneyfan328
08-13-2008, 12:38 PM
Normally, I would agree, but since ADRs need to be made 180 days out, it makes it a bit "last minute."

I have to agree as well. With the way that Disney has promoted the dining plan and the way you have to do ADR's so far in advance I do feel that this is an inconvienence to those it affects. They are basicallly taking an entire park out of commision for that night so that leaves TS dining at a premium. If you already purchased your vaca and don't have hoppers what would you do? You'd have to eat at somewhere outside of a park or possibly rearrange your entire schedule.

Disney had to have known for longer than recently that it was going to be doing this. They should have planned for it at the 180 day out mark which is what they expect us to do in order to get what we want, but thats just my :twocents:

I hope whatever the announcement that it is something big to cause all of this hub bub

BraddyB
08-13-2008, 12:43 PM
I know they tried to keep it a secret but I will let everyone in on it.......

Since I am getting married on Oct 4th they are getting the park in tip top shape for my honeymoon arrival on the 6th........sorry if I troubled you guys........

What I can dream :party:

crazeedizneefinatic
08-13-2008, 12:53 PM
Hardly last minute with almost two months to go. And, as you know in your own thread this is already been discussed here (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=139491):

Maybe in your opinion. Considering I arrive on the 26th and need to possibly rearrange days worth of dining and park time and 2 scheduled birthdays, yes to me it is last minute. There is only so many places we can dine and who wants to dine somewhere twice, we don't anyway. These plans have been set for me since March and not even taking into consideration the time before I could actually call, that we planned. We are planners what can I say, LOL! Heck, I even have some things packed!

As far as my thread, 2 different subjects, I believe the poster was asking what was happening those days and my post was about my dinner reservations being cancelled. Unless the OP read through my thread they would not know it took a detour to talk about something else.

Gregandmel
08-16-2008, 05:07 PM
Does anyone know for sure if the MK is still planning on closing early on Sat. Oct. 4th?? I noticed that on their official website, it still shows they are open until 9pm. We were actually considering coming a day earlier (we actually arrive on Oct. 5th) because we figured we could hit the MK for part of the time, but we haven't done it yet based on the rumor they are closing. Anyone heard anything else on this?

disneyfan328
08-18-2008, 09:21 AM
From previous posts on this I would say that they are. Peoples Dining Reservations have been cancelled and the MNSSHP was as well.

MickeysEars
08-18-2008, 09:25 AM
Where is that other post, would like to read it?

Belster
08-18-2008, 09:29 AM
Why is all of this going on? I have not heard a thing. :confused:

Belster
08-18-2008, 09:39 AM
I am concerned that they are going to do this other days. I have a limited amount of vacation time at Disney, taking a day away would entirely ruin my vacation. Does anyone know the chances of this happening again?

dnickels
08-18-2008, 10:34 AM
The link to the original discussion is up towards the top in about the third post.

The short version is that Disney had traditionally held a big media event around that time and the rumor is that it's returning this year and will be held at the MK, hence the need to close the park a few hours early.

They're not doing it just to screw up people's plans for those extra 5 hours on one particular day!! :thedolls:

Belster
08-18-2008, 11:05 AM
Oh, I guess that I am new to this site and not sure of how to navigate through the various posts. Thanks for your reply, I feel much better. Between being worried about the cancelations of flights and such I am so happy that I do not have to worry about this too! :mickey:

crazeedizneefinatic
08-18-2008, 02:20 PM
Here is the latest scoop right from Disneys mouth. They are closing the park early on Saturday the 4th, they still do not know the time but tenatively between 3pm to 7 pm, they still do not know. The MNNSHP was cancelled on Friday and the park was still going to close at 7 but now Disney is considering keeping it open with evening magic hours, this is what they told me. I am still working with a rep from Disney guest services who still does not know anything for sure. I have changed my dining reservation on saturday from Tony's to Le Cellier without hesitation and exactly the time I wanted. Still waiting to see what happens on friday so I can make my dining reservations that day too. I was told she would call me back once Disney set the schedule. Seems very disorganized. They have rearranged a ton of people plans, reservations and parties not to know what's going on. It's very frustrating. I will fill you in once Disney gets their act together.

Makes me wonder where they are pulling these dining reservations from. Friday night and saturdays dinners are alot of dinners to reschedule. I wonder when I show up at Le Cellier on saturday if the wait will be huge?? Just a thought. Scary.

disneyfan328
08-18-2008, 04:07 PM
Makes me wonder where they are pulling these dining reservations from. Friday night and saturdays dinners are alot of dinners to reschedule. I wonder when I show up at Le Cellier on saturday if the wait will be huge?? Just a thought. Scary.

I can tell you that last year at the last minue we had to reschedule dining on two nights that we were supposed to dine at Teppanyaki as the remodel was not yet completed. It was our anniversary dinner and that is where DH and I wanted to eat. We found out through websites that the restaurant was not going to be open. We never got a call from Disney - anyway to get to the point I asked DH to look over the menus to decide where else he would like to try and we decided on Le Cellier (not knowing how popular this place was ) I called back to try and get it in place of one of our meals and was told several times that they had nothing open. We went back to the menus several other times, and after much aggrivation I called Disney Dining back to see exactly what they DID have. It was nothing that we were even remotley interested in. When I explained my dilemma to the CM and how disappointed by DH And I were he put me on hold and then came back with an ADR for Le Cellier. I was shocked and expected when we got there that we would be waiting FOREVER since they must have just "stuck" us in. However upon arrival at Le Cellier - 4:45 was our time and we got there a little early we were taken in and seated within 5-8 mins. I was SHOCKED - also more to my surprise was the amount of EMPTY tables in the restaurant. I don't know if it was considered "early" for dinner at 4:45 but there were several tables open. I never in the hour and a half that we were there saw every table full. I wouldn't worry about it. I am sure that you will be fine.

crazeedizneefinatic
08-18-2008, 04:21 PM
Thanks for the heads up, I hope you are right. I have a sneaking suspicion that Disney holds a ton of reservations back. Considering they are more than accomdating those of us they cancelled on Friday night and Saturday night, thats a ton of ADR's to reschedule. It always boggled my mind that the parks are manageable but the restaurants are jammed packed. Maybe they are jam packed because only half the time is available for advance ADR's and the other half are saved. Who knows I could be completely wrong but I would bet if someone would call now for an ADR at Le Cellier they would be told it's full or give them some ungodly hour to eat.