PDA

View Full Version : Cape May Cafe

Ksmith75
08-12-2008, 02:28 PM
Hello there, we are looking to eating there in our upcoming spring trip to disney. Just 2 adults. Is the selection good??? Any info would be appreciated.:confused:

KatMark
08-12-2008, 03:13 PM
Are you asking for breakfast or dinner? We are trying breakfast for the first time this year. We've done dinner the last two years in a row. The first time we really enjoyed it and liked the food, service and desserts. Last year, not so much. Service was good, desserts were good, but the selections were different and I didn't feel were up to the standards from the year before. We are going to take a couple of years off before going back for dinner.

tink'72
08-12-2008, 03:54 PM
I've never eaten there for breakfast, though I've heard it's very good. Cape May is a must for us each trip. We ate there again last week and just loved it. The selection is great! and the atmosphere you cannot beat it.

NJGIRL
08-12-2008, 04:17 PM
We have eaten there for breakfast a couple of times before and while it still is a character breakfast , to me it seems much more relaxed and not so loud. We liked it alot. The choices on the buffet were very similar to Chef Mickeys and the Crystal Palace.

Maleficent_vf
08-12-2008, 04:18 PM
We (5 adults) were there for breakfast a few years ago - it was a character meal (is it still?). Anyway, the food was good - buffet - and the characters were a fun addition. We did several characters meals that year (we like themes) and I'd say the characters were more interactive there than at the others (or maybe they just paid more attention to our non-kid table than at the other places).

If you're looking for a great breakfast and you're in the Boardwalk area, I'd recommend Fresh Mediterranean Market. It's in the Dolphin. We've been there a number of times and have never been disappointed. If you are booking through AAA, you'll get a discount card that can be used there for 10% (I think) off your meal.

Amy :chef:

ChipDale2708
08-12-2008, 04:50 PM
We like going to Cape May for the character breakfast. As someone else said, it does seem more laid back and quieter. We've always had fun character interaction there as well. We generally stay at the YC or BC so it's convenient as well as yummy! I did just read on another website that this fall Chip and Dale are being replaced w/ Donald. I don't know if this is true or not. Can anyone confirm this? While I love the Chipmunks and will be sad not to see them there, Donald is my alter ego so that will be a ton of fun!! :donald:

DisneyBabies
08-12-2008, 05:20 PM
:thumbsup::thumbsup:for Cape May Cafe (breakfast and dinner). It is quiet for a character meal; there are lots of families, but everyone is pretty laid back. The food is good (it's hard to go wrong with Mickey waffles :D) and the service was great! If you don't see something, just ask.

Imagineer1981
08-19-2008, 12:50 PM
We do Cape May every trip...its a can't miss