PDA

View Full Version : Platos Closet

disneygirlie11
08-12-2008, 01:46 PM
Does anyone know anything about this place? I'm going to Michigan City this weekend for some shopping and I think I'm going to take in some clothes to get extra money :) Has anyone ever worked there or know how they base their prices? I have a ton of clothes with the tags still on them too.TIA

Zippy 1
08-12-2008, 03:25 PM
We have a Platos Closet here. My daughter has shopped there and we have sold clothes to them. They are rather picky about what they take. It must be in style for teens today. They give resonable amounts for clothes. You won't get rich but it is better than just donating them.

LauraleeH
08-12-2008, 06:44 PM
I took in a load the other day and they gave me $35 for everything except a pair of pants from Disney. I remember my friend Chris being mad because they only gave him $6 for a pair of shorts, but I'm not sure exactly how they come up with the prices. My friend works there so I could ask her.

disneygirlie11
08-13-2008, 10:06 AM
Yea, I always wonder how they get their pricing... :confused:

wdwgrl377
08-13-2008, 10:29 AM
I've gone in there before and sold some items. I too, don't know where they get their pricing from, but I was given like $8 or so for a pair of name brand pants. I agree - they are picky at what they take...so right!

Other than that I've bought some things there. we have one here in NC, but I don't go there that much anymore. Not b/c of the $8 deal, but b/c I found a better place to shop to get clothes name brand - cheaper.

I'd like to know too, if anyone finds out where they get their pricing from....