PDA

View Full Version : SSR Review - Just got back!

DisneyGrrrl
08-12-2008, 12:34 PM
Just got back from our first DVC vacation (studio) at the SSR near Downtown Disney. We had a great time and absolutely loved the resort. So much, in fact, that we hardly went to the parks at all.

The pools were fantastic and I can't say enough how great the zero entry was with a toddler. I didn't have to spend the whole time in the pool holding her, which was nice. Loved the toddler slide as well as did DD, but the Splash Zone was not operating while we were there.

We rented movies from the community hall while we were there and it was very convenient and nice, considering I had just hurt my back before we left for vacation so we spent alot of time with me icing my back.

My only negative to this resort is Artist Palette - the "food court". I use that term loosely. There are very few items on the menu, and there is only one line from which to order. We stood in line for 20 minutes one day and only moved about two feet before we decided to leave and go to McDonald's off property to eat lunch. It just wasn't worth the wait. Additionally, there is only ONE soda/coffee machine and no where to rinse your mugs. Needless to say, it takes a LONG time to get coffee in the morning.

DH and I still can't figure out why it was designed in such a way - the line gets so long that you have to wait in the adjoining store and are therefore blocking people trying to shop in the store. Very strange indeed. I think they were counting on people going to Downtown Disney for their eating desires, rather than the food court.

But, like I said the resort was great and we will be back for three day weekends in November and December.

If anyone has any questions, I am happy to answer them. :thumbsup:

scottgr
08-12-2008, 02:12 PM
Thanks for the information...I am saying there in SEPT for the first time..I cant wait:thumbsup:

Mousemates
08-12-2008, 02:56 PM
thanks for the info, thats a resort we haven't done and know little about...appreciate the report.

tink'72
08-12-2008, 03:57 PM
Thanks for the information. We just bought into DVC as well and we have a week at SSR that needs to be used by July 2009. I was thinking of using it in January. Now I can't wait!