PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for Thank You gifts

blueyedprincess
08-12-2008, 11:30 AM
I'm looking for suggestions of inexpensive little things to give to CMs that really make our WDW experience memorable.

I know most people do just tips but I want to do something a little bit more personal as well (like maybe ink pens from my hometown).

Any suggestions? I would love to hear from any CMs on here as well. :magic:

disneyfan328
08-12-2008, 01:38 PM
I would think that a hometown gift or something personalized would be a great idea.

Maybe a pin or magnet that says the "blank" from Wherever USA says thank you. You can buy magnet paper at walmart and use disney clip art from the web to design your own and cut them out.

I think that the the pens, or even a postcard from where you live with a personal note on it would be nice as well. Maybe even just a little certificate that you can wrap up like a diploma with a ribbon on it thanking them. Something tangible that they can keep or show others may mean more to some than just a tip and I am not sure that this is even allowed (correct me if I am wrong here) but I dont think that regular cast members in the parks (not waiters or waitresses) are allowed to accept tips.

TiggeRia
08-12-2008, 03:29 PM
I think that giving out "personalized" thank you notes is a good idea. Obviously you would have to write them out before hand, but if you do a bunch you could hand them out as you see fit. I would make it handwritten and put things on there like how you know it must be frustrating to do their job, but how good they are at it and thank them for helping to make your vacation so magical. You could even mention that you will be letting management know by letter about their "good deed" but just make sure you follow up on your word.

I think one of the best things to do is to let someone "higher up" at Disney know what a great job a particular employee is doing so they can be recognized for it. :mickey:

EpcotChic23
08-13-2008, 05:16 PM
I would recommend the personalize letter b/c a CM told me once they can not take anything from there guest that has a monetary value (sorry I might have spelled that wrong). The Poly Hotel staff brought my husband and I some balloons and a signed picture of Mickey for out Anniversary and when I tried to give them a tip they told me they are not allowed to accept it, then I tried to give them a bottle of coke and that is when they told me they can not accepted anything that cost money. A lot of companies have that rule. I use to work for one. Just a heads up.

IloveDisney71
08-13-2008, 09:55 PM
I would recommend the personalize letter b/c a CM told me once they can not take anything from there guest that has a monetary value (sorry I might have spelled that wrong). The Poly Hotel staff brought my husband and I some balloons and a signed picture of Mickey for out Anniversary and when I tried to give them a tip they told me they are not allowed to accept it, then I tried to give them a bottle of coke and that is when they told me they can not accepted anything that cost money. A lot of companies have that rule. I use to work for one. Just a heads up.

In December a CM told my DH that CM's are supposed to refuse tips three times, but if they are offered it a 4th time, then they can accept it. I don't even remember how they started talking about it, but I remember thinking that was kind of weird.

Minnie Imagineer
08-14-2008, 08:22 AM
Well my friend is a counselor at a camp, and whenever she is seen doing something good for other people, that person gives the counselor a little piece of paper that says 'congrats on being a great [CM], you are a significant member in [wdw], thank you for what you do...and so on' but make sure to make it personal, with their names and what they did! Even make it pretty with different colors and disney stickers!