PDA

View Full Version : DDP Sharing?

mjaclyn
08-12-2008, 10:53 AM
My family and I are travelling to WDW next month and we're currently on the Standard DDP. We have two hotel rooms - so I was thinking that one group could upgrade their plan to the Deluxe DDP and the entire group could use their credits for select restaurants where we all want to get an appetizer, entree and dessert (like Le Cellier or Cali Grill). Will this work? I know in the past some restaurants have allowed it and some haven't but I wasn't sure if there was a specific policy on it or not. I'm not sure why DIsney would care because as far as they're concerned the plan is completely paid for in advance, so either way we'll be using the credits. Has anyone tried this?

Seasonscraps
08-12-2008, 11:51 AM
I don't think that will work. As far as I know, the plan is non-transferrable and you can only purchase the same number of meals as there are people in your room. A room with 2 adults can only purchase 2 adult meals at one sitting. And you can't treat the whole table to dinner with your dining credits if the party exceeds the number of people in your room.

TINKERBELL_82
08-12-2008, 12:00 PM
I don't think that will work. As far as I know, the plan is non-transferrable and you can only purchase the same number of meals as there are people in your room. A room with 2 adults can only purchase 2 adult meals at one sitting. And you can't treat the whole table to dinner with your dining credits if the party exceeds the number of people in your room.

I don't think thats what she meant- I think she saying that everyone will be on the ddp, just half of them will be on the deluxe and will be able to get apps to share with the whole group.

medic9016
08-12-2008, 12:27 PM
If the 2 rooms are on the same reservation it will not work. Everyone will have to be on the same DDP. If you have two different reservations then you can change one DDP to deluxe with no problems. My DW and DD have shared meals on the DDP with no problems.

Figment78
08-12-2008, 03:21 PM
I have this question also - or a version of it. DH and I are going this Sept on the basic (free) dining plan. If we go to a restaurant and only want to use 1 TS for 1 person's meal, and pay OOP for the other person, can we do that? For example, say he wants to get a $28 entree and mine is $14 and I'd rather save my credit for another meal where I might get something more expensive. Can I do that?

And if so, can I share his dessert or is that a big no-no. We never get our own desserts and prefer to share!

TBY2225
08-12-2008, 04:36 PM
Yes, you can share or use one credit at a time! DH and I have done it many times! You can share the whole meal if you want. We usually add a Appitizer OOP to round out the meal.

eandrsmom
08-12-2008, 04:52 PM
We had two rooms last Feb., but they were under the same reservation number, so we all had to be on the same plan. We did purchase things OOP, such as alcoholic drinks, and a child's meal for my DS who was 2 at the time. I don't think that they have a problem with you wanting to pay OOP for things.

Seasonscraps
08-12-2008, 05:16 PM
I don't think thats what she meant- I think she saying that everyone will be on the ddp, just half of them will be on the deluxe and will be able to get apps to share with the whole group.

Oh, I'm sorry. I thought the OP wanted to use the Deluxe dining credits for everyone in the party for some of the meals. I wasn't thinking of just appetizer sharing. :blush:

mjaclyn
08-12-2008, 09:47 PM
We're not on the same reservation number so one room can easliy upgrade without the other room having to do the same. Everyone will be on the plan, it's just a matter of one room being on the Deluxe and the other being on the Standard. All credits will be used during that week eventually, but I was wondering if the entire group could use the Deluxe credits for one meal instead of half of us using Standard Credits.

Figment!
08-12-2008, 10:54 PM
We're not on the same reservation number ... All credits will be used during that week eventually, but I was wondering if the entire group could use the Deluxe credits for one meal instead of half of us using Standard Credits. Previously, Disney has stated that credits may not be shared between those not vacationing on the same Magic My Way package.

The most recent language on the matter indicates that Guests may not share their credits with others not on the same reservation and not having purchased the Disney Dining plan.

Based on the general sense of the policy, it would be derivative to conclude that what you propose would not be permitted, due to the Guests on the standard plan receiving a benefit they did not pay for.

ie Guests on the Standard Plan sharing with Guests not on a plan could be analogous to Guests on the Deluxe Plan sharing with Guests on the Standard Plan.

You may contact the Walt Disney World resort directly to pose the scenario for a direct answer.