PDA

View Full Version : Wii Fit

Tinkermom
08-11-2008, 10:15 PM
Anyone have one? How is it? I just ordered one online. I am hoping it helps get me motivated to exercise. :blush: I think that it will be great for my kids also.

TinkiTime1989
08-11-2008, 10:23 PM
We bought Wii Fit right after it first came it. It's actually a lot of fun. You don't really realize that you're exercising with some of the games. The only issue I have with it is that I sometimes forget I'm on the balance board and I jump when you're not supposed to. If you actually jump while on the board it will yell at you. lol. And yes, the balance board talks to you....If you have any specific questions about it feel free to ask.

Tinkermom
08-11-2008, 10:29 PM
We bought Wii Fit right after it first came it. It's actually a lot of fun. You don't really realize that you're exercising with some of the games. The only issue I have with it is that I sometimes forget I'm on the balance board and I jump when you're not supposed to. If you actually jump while on the board it will yell at you. lol. And yes, the balance board talks to you....If you have any specific questions about it feel free to ask.

Very cool! Thanks for your input!

Does it have a scale that weighs you? I thought I read that somewhere. Also, I read that you can track your progress. Exactly what are you tracking? I assume you enter your height, weight, age, etc to get your BMI but exactly how does all that work?

What is your favorite game or exercise activity? I am looking forward to trying the aerobics and yoga.:)

J9
08-11-2008, 11:28 PM
It will track your weight, BMI, and duration of use each day. It's actually pretty neat and its nice to see your little line on the chart start to move downward.

I love the Wii Fit. Haven't used it in a month though, so I'm sure it'll yell at me when I get back on it. I'm actually putting it off because I don't want it to yell- kinda counterintuitive, huh? LOL!

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
08-11-2008, 11:42 PM
The only issue I have with it is that I sometimes forget I'm on the balance board and I jump when you're not supposed to. If you actually jump while on the board it will yell at you. lol.

:ditto: :funny:

Thats hilarious, I'm glad I'm not the only one! I always jump during the tightrope walking game!!

I'm a total pro-Wii, moreso pro-Nintendo fan. Have the Wii fit, 3 guitars, the Guitar Heros including Aerosmith (or what I call the Rockin Roller Coaster Edition :cool:) along with a couple of Perfect Shot Guns, Rock Band, a couple Lightsabres, a few wheels for Mario Kart...yes, I'm not only a Disneyholic but apparently a Nintendoholic too :blush:

Chris :hatter:

AwPhooey
08-11-2008, 11:47 PM
Tinkermom, where did you order the Wii Fit from? I've been trying to find one and everywhere I've looked they've been sold out.

Tinkermom
08-11-2008, 11:53 PM
Tinkermom, where did you order the Wii Fit from? I've been trying to find one and everywhere I've looked they've been sold out.

I had a hard time finding one also. I got ours at Game Stop online. It is a pre-order that is supposed to ship on 8/13. Of course I paid $20 more than it would be at Wal-mart and also had to pay $20 shipping. If it is anything like the Wii itself I figure it will be difficult to get until after Christmas. I could be wrong but it was going to be too difficult to try to get a "deal" so I just went for it.:D

ElenitaB
08-12-2008, 01:17 AM
We have a Wii Fit that my DS uses. It's an amazing piece of technology but what blew me away was when one day he got on, and it told him: "you've grown... go measure yourself." Sure enough... he was an inch taller!

iheartmickey
08-12-2008, 08:12 AM
I go the Wii Fit when it came out and I love it!

I don't get to use it as much as I should ... and it lets me know! LOL!

It can do a daily body test ... even when not working out ... and tracks your weight, BMI, Wii Fit age (which I see go up and down, LOL) and your fit credits. You can also set a goal for your self and the "trainer" will give you tips to help you achive your goal.

I think I'm gonna get off here and go work out with my Wii! :D

HTH!

Jeniflower
08-12-2008, 08:34 AM
we just mangaged to get one last week. its so much fun, makes me want to exercise every day. i compete against the evil twin to see who is best. much fun had by all

conorsmom2000
08-12-2008, 10:15 AM
We have a Wii Fit that my DS uses. It's an amazing piece of technology but what blew me away was when one day he got on, and it told him: "you've grown... go measure yourself." Sure enough... he was an inch taller!

Wow, Ellen, that's pretty cool!!

I think I'm going to ask for this for Christmas (and ask now so Mike has time to find one!). I've been dying to get it. I also want the Wii Resorts when it comes out (I don't think it's out yet). It's basically a new type of Wii Sports....

Ian
08-12-2008, 12:39 PM
I just ordered one this morning ... can't wait to get it!!

jrkcr
08-12-2008, 01:07 PM
I can't "weight" to get one!!
But for now, being in a second story apartment, with creaky floors.....I think I'll have to consider the neighbors downstairs. ;)

It will be on my Christmas wish list!!:santa2:

TinkiTime1989
08-12-2008, 01:07 PM
Very cool! Thanks for your input!

Does it have a scale that weighs you? I thought I read that somewhere. Also, I read that you can track your progress. Exactly what are you tracking? I assume you enter your height, weight, age, etc to get your BMI but exactly how does all that work?

What is your favorite game or exercise activity? I am looking forward to trying the aerobics and yoga.:)

It starts by testing your balance. Your BMI is calculated using your height and weight and it even takes into consideration the weight of the clothing you are wearing. This information can also be locked using a PIN if you don't want others to be able to access your information. After your BMI is calculated you will be "tested" with two balance exercises which will then help to calculate your Wii Fit Age. Your WFA will change based on your performance each time. As to how it all works, you enter your information and the system uses some special formula to calculate things. I honestly have no idea exactly how it works, all I know is it's pretty neat. It does track your progress, showing balance improvements and weight loss/gain,etc. I like to play the Ski Slalom in the balance games. I also enjoy doing yoga. Hope that helps. :thumbsup:

DisneyTwirler13!
08-12-2008, 06:05 PM
We LOVE our Wii Fit! My siblings and I played it SO much the first day we had it that we unlocked half of the games that were locked, we spent that much time on it! I like the Free Step, where you can go and watch TV while stepping on and off the Balance Board. It's so much fun!!!

rt207
08-12-2008, 09:54 PM
I have one being shipped right now and can't wait to get it! I ordered the Wii Fit & Ski (from ToyRUs online). I couldn't find it anywhere and then signed up for Wiialerts. I received my alert first thing the following morning...:thumbsup:

Nini
08-13-2008, 03:25 PM
If you get the Wii Fit it's the same console right? I mean can you then get the other Wii games and controllers, or bundles, to work on that machine? We're just starting to look into this.

Denise :mickey:

iheartmickey
08-13-2008, 09:43 PM
Wow, Ellen, that's pretty cool!!

I think I'm going to ask for this for Christmas (and ask now so Mike has time to find one!). I've been dying to get it. I also want the Wii Resorts when it comes out (I don't think it's out yet). It's basically a new type of Wii Sports....

Jen ... I got mine for my B-day ... it's so much fun! I really ended up getting it for myself :blush: because I never though we'd find it or the Wii Fit again. You (and the guys) will love it!

We're currently playing Boom Blocks almost every night as a family. LOL!

I had to look up the Wii Resorts ... looks like so much fun!!

Dragongirlx
08-14-2008, 04:04 AM
If you get the Wii Fit it's the same console right? I mean can you then get the other Wii games and controllers, or bundles, to work on that machine? We're just starting to look into this.

Denise :mickey:

Nini you need to have a wii console before you can use the wii fit. You can buy these as a package in some stores. It is the wii console that you can then play other games on. Wii fit is a board and a game that go with the console.

joanna71985
08-14-2008, 07:53 AM
This is something I really want to get. It looks like a lot of fun.

Mackflava99
08-14-2008, 08:35 AM
Its actually very fun, the entire family gets involved and i really like the way the game will scold you or compliment you on your achievements..