PDA

View Full Version : What's cheapest way to add to 10 day park hopper with water parks?

Disneyfamilyof3
08-11-2008, 10:08 PM
Hello Everybody;:mickey:

My family and I will be going to WDW in September to enjoy the free dining plus the first few days of the FWF. We will be there from the 19th to the 30th, staying at Pop Century.

My question is this: we have a ten day park hopper plus water parks and fun option. This means that there will be two days that we will not be able to go to the parks unless we add more days. Do we have to pay the full one-two day price; or can we just tack a few days on to the 10 day park hopper?

Thanks!:D

Sim

GoBlueLacheta
08-11-2008, 10:49 PM
It may be cheaper to buy a season pass to be honest. It's close. I believe it's around 375 for a 10 day with park hop and water and 500 if you get the no exp. Your additions would be close to the season pass numbers.

CleveRocks
08-12-2008, 07:15 AM
Hello Everybody;:mickey:

My family and I will be going to WDW in September to enjoy the free dining plus the first few days of the FWF. We will be there from the 19th to the 30th, staying at Pop Century.

My question is this: we have a ten day park hopper plus water parks and fun option. This means that there will be two days that we will not be able to go to the parks unless we add more days. Do we have to pay the full one-two day price; or can we just tack a few days on to the 10 day park hopper?

Thanks!:D

SimYou can't add park days to a 10-day ticket, so that option is out.

I just want to make sure you understand your options. You will be there for 12 days, it seems. True, with your current ticket you will be able to enter a theme park during only 10 of those 12 days. I guess my question is, will you really WANT to go to theme parks all 12 days? Do you plan to go on your arrival day? Do you plan to go on your departure day?

I also want to make sure you realize that your Water Park Fun & More admissions are separate from your theme park tickets. In other words, let's say that today you go to Blizzard Beach in the morning, Typhoon Lagoon in the afternoon, and DisneyQuest in the evening. That means that today you used up 3 of your 10 WPF&M admissions but you used up ZERO of your theme park days.

I just wanted to make sure you realize that the theme park entitlements and your WPF&M entitlements aren't tied together, and that just because you have a 10-day ticket doesn't mean you can only have fun for 10 days. You have 14 days from first use to use up all of the entitlements.

If you decide you need 12 park days, my suggestion is to add a 2-day base ticket rather than add a 2-day park hopper + water parks. By skipping park hopping for 2 of your days and by not buying an additional 2 water park admissions, you'd save $100 per person (compared with buying the 2-day ticket with park hopper and WPF&M).

Disneyfamilyof3
08-12-2008, 10:12 AM
Hi ;

Thank you for all of the good information. It certainly makes sense to just do a water park two days out of the twelve. The only problem that came up with that strategy were the dining reservations that I had made that took place in the park.:confused: I guess the smart move would be to do water parks the day of arrival and the day in the middle when our dining ressie is at the Flying Fish and there are no extra magic hours.

Thanks again! ~Sim:thumbsup:

Imagineer1981
08-12-2008, 10:25 AM
Do you plan to go on your arrival day? Do you plan to go on your departure day?

I also want to make sure you realize that your Water Park Fun & More admissions are separate from your theme park tickets. In other words, let's say that today you go to Blizzard Beach in the morning, Typhoon Lagoon in the afternoon, and DisneyQuest in the evening. That means that today you used up 3 of your 10 WPF&M admissions but you used up ZERO of your theme park days.

I wouldn't use all of your options in one day though. If you do MK, Epcot, DHS, AK, Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon all on different days....thats 6 days of your trip already taken up, but you've only used 4 of your theme park days. That leaves you 6 more theme park days to use out of your 10, and you have 6 days of your trip left...so you don't need extra days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have plenty!!!

Disneyfamilyof3
08-12-2008, 10:56 AM
Hi;

There's *no way* we would go to , say, Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, and Disney Quest all in one day.:ack: I usually get pretty burnt out just by staying too long at one water park during the day! We would probably just hold off from going to the 4 theme parks for two of the days, and spend each of those two days doing one water park per day. So, day one of staying out of the park we'd do Typhoon Lagoon and then head back to the hotel or meander around the boardwalk area; and day two we'd go to Blizzard Beach and then head down to Downtown Disney.:marg:

Sim

sdewan
08-12-2008, 11:21 AM
Here's what you do:

- buy the premium annual pass, use it for all 12 days on your current trip
- plan your next WDW vacation within 12 months, and you get to use it again!

Seriously, that is what we have been doing. We are going in late August this year, and then again in early August next year. So for the 16 or so days that we need passes, it works out much cheaper to get a single annual pass than two 8-day passes. And since we have the annual pass, we are also going in January for the marathon weekend. But we're also slightly nuts...