PDA

View Full Version : Waiting for luggage at my resort

Guya103
08-11-2008, 09:46 PM
For the first time in a very long time my family and I will be flying to WDW. We will be using ME and staying at POFQ. My question is do we have to be in our room when our luggage arrives? or As soon as we check are we good to go? and it will be in our room when we come back to the resort? Thanks!:mickey:

Maleficent's Dad
08-11-2008, 10:08 PM
My question is do we have to be in our room when our luggage arrives?
Nope, they'll put it in your room for you if you're not there!

As soon as we check are we good to go?
Yup - head to the parks, pool, or wherever your heart desires...

and it will be in our room when we come back to the resort?
Well, it should...
They say "up to three hours" from check-in. It can be longer. It most likely will be there within three hours.
It's a very efficient service, but alas, nothing is perfect! But in all likelihood, it should be there when you return to your room (assuming you're gone for 3+ hours).

Guya103
08-11-2008, 10:32 PM
Thank you so much!!

DumboMom
08-11-2008, 10:40 PM
It may just be luck but everytime we stay at POR our bags arrive the same time as we do. W

When we stayed at ASM we had to keep calling and it wasn't until 9 hours later we recived our bags. :mickey:

disneyfan328
08-12-2008, 09:04 AM
If by any chance it is not there when you get back to your room just call bell services. Sometimes due to weather at the airport or a heavy check in day it can be delayed some. Once you are back to you room and call because it is not there they will make it a point to try and get it to you as fast as possible.

CleveRocks
08-12-2008, 04:49 PM
To me, the "magical" part of Disney's Magical Express is that your luggage gets delivered to the inside of your room whether you're in there or not.

The key is to pack your carry-ons with your immediate needs. I'll give you an example from the first time we used DME, when our kids were 5 and 2 (the youngest was still in diapers). We checked into our resort around 10:30 a.m. and our room was ready. We had lunch, walked around the resort, then went back to the room to change into our pool stuff (which we packed in our carry-ons ... bathing suits and pool shoes take up very very little space!). We enjoyed the pool with the kids, and when we got back we found all of our checked luggage in our room. Since we planned for the 3-hour luggage window, it didn't delay us for even a second.