PDA

View Full Version : MNSSHP - parade/fireworks crowds

Marker
08-11-2008, 09:15 PM
With the more limited crowd during the Halloween party, how difficult is it to find a good viewing spot for the parade? Is it easier than on you typical SpectroMagic parade?

What about the fireworks?

medic9016
08-11-2008, 09:27 PM
There are two parades. Families with young children usually watch the first one then leave the park. The second is less crowded but neither is really too crowded. The weekend parties are more crowded also, so it also depends on which day you go.

Strmchsr
08-11-2008, 09:57 PM
Since the "special" Wishes is a big part of the party Main Street is jam packed for the fireworks. A lot of folks stake out a spot 45-60 minutes before the first parade then stay put through Wishes. You can see the fireworks pretty well from different places, but you only get the real impact from in front of the castle. You can usually find a good parade spot (at least a spot where you can see most things) without too much trouble, but the fireworks really are a different story.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
08-11-2008, 10:10 PM
Personally, I would wait and see the second parade. As stated, it is a lot less crowded than the first.

Get a spot on Main Street for HalloWishes and then stay til the second parade. Use the time during the first parade to get treats and meet characters.

Marker
08-12-2008, 08:34 AM
Quite often for Wishes, I watch from the bridge to Liberty Square. How are the fireworks crowds for HalloWishes in that area?

Strmchsr
08-12-2008, 09:04 AM
Quite often for Wishes, I watch from the bridge to Liberty Square. How are the fireworks crowds for HalloWishes in that area?

You can check, but really anywhere near the front of the castle is pretty crowded. That said, I watch the MVMCP Wishes once from Frontierland and had it all to myself. Not quite as good, though.

Imagineer1981
08-12-2008, 10:21 AM
Personally, I would wait and see the second parade. As stated, it is a lot less crowded than the first.

Get a spot on Main Street for HalloWishes and then stay til the second parade. Use the time during the first parade to get treats and meet characters.

also there is a show at the Castle that ends with a meet and greet with the Villians right after the first parade, so it would be cool to try and catch that too

DDuck66
08-12-2008, 11:52 AM

:exactly: We almost never watch the first parade. We use that time to hit the character trails and some of the other meet n greets. After the first parade, we find a spot to watch the fireworks and then watch the second parade. Tons of people leave after the fireworks so you can almost always grab a prime viewing spot.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
08-13-2008, 01:03 AM
also there is a show at the Castle that ends with a meet and greet with the Villians right after the first parade, so it would be cool to try and catch that too

Or see it later in the evening. I saw the last one in the evening. I utilized my time by visiting Toontown first, getting characters then the Alice trail. Took the back pathway to Tomorrowland and got their treats. Then went through Fantasyland and parts of Liberty Square. Guess what? Half the park is already done.

Watched the fireworks from by Casey's and Ice-Cream Parlor at 9:30 (got there around 9:15ish), went and did treat trails and some characters in Adventureland, cut to the Frontierland and watched the parade at 10:30, then did the rest of the treat trails there. Then went and saw the 11:15 Mix and Mingle.

I didn't ride any rides from 7-12, only treat trails and characters and events. I got in at 4 and used my time then to ride the rides between 4 and 7. Well, technically, like 6:45 and started to line up at Toontown to meet characters.