PDA

View Full Version : WDW to DL (Tips/Hints/Secrets wanted)

Chip Carlton
08-11-2008, 09:10 PM
Ok so I've been to WDW who knows how many times (15+)! I know all the secrets, tip, hints,etc...
For Example:

On a crowded night at MK take the "Resort Monorail" to get the parking lot (TTC)
Also that you can ask for front seat to get very front of monorail
Avoid the parks that have Early Entry on those days because they are the most crowded
It's best to ride Kilamanjaro Safari early in the morn or late in the evening.
The names on the windows of Main St are people who had a hand in development of WDW or are Disney Legends.
The key under the mat Muppets

SO I know these things about WDW (And these are just the ones off the top of my head!).....what is there to Disneyland?

Ive got Reservation's at Blue Bayou and plan to wait for a water seat. So I'm aware of the little gem but what else is there?

I know you guys can help me!!! Bring on the Disneyland HInts, Secrets, Tips, or anything else you may want to tell me..

For starters I am staying at Holiday Inn & Suites Anaheim... Maybe you may have info on that..????

MegaDisney
08-11-2008, 11:07 PM
The names on the windows of Main Street and Frontierland are people who had a hand in development of Disneyland, WDW or are Disney Legends.

There are several interative items in the Indiana Jones que. Wiggle the bamboo pole holding up the ceiling in the spike room and the ceiling will drop. Pull on the rope in the large domed room and listen to the reaction from the archieologist below. Also ask a CM in the projection room to use their flashlight to show you the old Eeyore Parking lot sign. (IJA was built in the former parking lot.)

There are tons more but I will let some others reply.

GloMonkey
08-12-2008, 03:01 AM
The key under the mat Muppets :confused:

What does this mean?

The light above the fire station is always ON because it was Walts appartment, and after he died it is always left ON

There is a basketball court(1/2 court) in the TOP of the Matterhorn

tinkwest
08-12-2008, 11:32 AM
Catch a show at the Golden Horseshoe in Frontierland. Billy Hill & the Hillbillies are great fun and only at Disneyland.

Chip Carlton
08-12-2008, 11:41 AM
The key under the mat Muppets :confused:

What does this mean?

Muppets 3D at Disney's Hollywood Studios (Formerly MGM): If you look under the "mat" in the front entrance area of the attraction. (you literally have to bend down and lift up the mat) You will find a large key...it doesn't go to anything..just something fun. Honestly from what I remember I think the key is just painted into the floor.

GloMonkey
08-12-2008, 08:37 PM
Thanks.

I REALLY did not understand what that meant! :mickey:

meldan98
08-14-2008, 03:44 PM
To the right of the castle, there is a walkway and on that walkway is a wishing well and a set of marble Snow White and 7 dwarfs figures. I've read that these were a gift to Walt on opening day (not sure on the accuracy of this or not). This is a very popular spot for proposals. This is also a great way to get to Fantasyland when there is a show going on in front of the castle.

If you wish to see Fantasmic up close, be sure to have someone stake out a spot early (up to 3 hours on some days). If you want to avoid bottle necks and traffic delays AVOID this area at least an hour before the first show and stay away until after the final show.

Take the train ride all the way around the park if you can. It is a great little escape and there are some neat hidden gems during the ride. We had not done this in years and rode on our most recent trip and I had forgotten about some of those gems.

If you need a great place to cool down late in the afternoon, hit Innoventions. There is a new exhibit there featuring a home of the future. It is really neat and the building is very cool (almost cold).

The track in Tomorrowland around the spinning dish used to be the track to the People Mover. It was removed a replaced with an ill-fated Rocket Rods ride. We got to ride it a couple times after it was installed and it was an interesting concept, but the execution failed.

Above POC, there is an area that was to be an Apartment for Walt and Roy. The construction was never completed in either of their lifetimes and was turned into an Art Gallery. Last year, the Gallery was closed and it was converted into an apartment that is now given away as part of the YOAMD.

That's all I can think of for now, but I'm sure I'll think of other things. I've posted in Accomodations about the hotel.