PDA

View Full Version : No December Discounts?

Gator
08-11-2008, 08:25 PM
For years, this has been the Monday that Discounts come out for the last few months of the year. This morning, there was no such discount. Even my planner at Small World Travels was suprised that nothing came out. What gives? Is Disney not offering the good deals this year?

ToDisney
08-11-2008, 11:33 PM
:fingers:I'm still hopeful :fworks:

TINKERBELL_82
08-12-2008, 09:03 AM
I'm still patiently waiting for an October discount...:unsure:

Although, I do remember that last year (not sure when though) they had a special for December where if you booked a room at a value you got a $25 dining gift card, mod was $50, and deluxe $100. I'd be happy with that!

MushuGrl
08-12-2008, 09:26 AM
Looking back at the dates they're normally released, should be ANY day now!

eandrsmom
08-12-2008, 09:31 AM
I know from reading the threads, as well as personally, that they sent out a mass mailer with discount PINS last week. Perhaps they're waiting to see how those do before they release any more discounts.

goofysbabe
08-12-2008, 10:50 AM
Where do you go for the discounts? I'm going in December and would like to see if I could take advantage when they come out.

KarenP
08-12-2008, 10:52 AM
Where do you go for the discounts? I'm going in December and would like to see if I could take advantage when they come out.

Just watch here on Intercot. We will post as soon as Disney releases the discounts.

goofysbabe
08-12-2008, 11:00 AM
Thank you - I'll be watching :)

jillluvsdisney
08-12-2008, 12:02 PM
Wendy from MJ booked us at the Poly in December. We used the AAA discount. I did receive a pin coded discount in the mail and she checked it out for me. My AAA discount was still a better deal.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
08-12-2008, 04:58 PM
I called Disney directly for a Poly quote using the PIN code. If I did the math correctly the "per night" room savings would have only been around 10% off rack rates. I asked about WL and the savings was about the same. The savings using the PIN code were much better for the moderates and even better at the value.

I would think they'd make them better to give those of us on the fence post about staying at a deluxe some incentive to try them. But after taking in the discounts, I can't yet justify spending $230 a night more for Poly over POR, even though I want to desparately.

ToDisney
08-13-2008, 11:30 PM
AP special rates are out for Nov & Dec.
I could be wrong (wouldn't be the 1st time:blush:)
but I thought I remembered, regular discounts coming out before, AP's.
I don't think I'll hold my breath for a Disney vacation this year.:(

Good Luck for the rest of you guys:mickey:

Gator
08-14-2008, 03:36 PM
Looks like they came out and they're lousy. They miss the week I'm there. :thedolls: I need to find a Disney exec and pulverize him. Looks like values this year.:mad::ack:

Goes4FastPass
08-15-2008, 04:08 PM
I think December is more popular than it used to be.

There used to be a giant dip after Thanksgiving and before Christmas,

Now I think more people see the first 2 weeks in December as a time when you can attend MVMCP, view the Osborne Family Lights at DHS and enjoy all of the resort decorations - and still be "home for the holidays".

My wife and I consider our almost annual first week in December WDW time to be our "us" time before we play Clark and Ellen Griswold for our families.

Early December, a 'best kept secret' seems to be a secret no more.

MushuGrl
08-17-2008, 12:27 AM
I think Pop Warner's gummed it up for us. No package discounts because there's no rooms TO discount!

But this will be my first Christmas at Disney...

...just hope nobody else wants presents...:mickey: