PDA

View Full Version : Walk Around World Showcase

LeeAnn
08-11-2008, 07:34 PM
Starting from the International Gateway (going to France)...

How long (time) will it take to walk around the World Showcase and see all the countries?

Leisurely walk?
A brisk wisk w/ some quick stops (Photo Ops)?

thumperbug
08-11-2008, 07:41 PM
Hey there fellow Long Islander....the length of time to travel the world really depends on you. You can zip thru it without really stopping anywhere in less then an hour...or you can stop at each country, each shop, each attraction and spend a whole day (thats what we do).

Everytime we go there is something different to see. In April, at the China pavillion, they had all the animal birth signs in the garden made out of seeds. It was incredible.

If you have kids and they want to stop at each country to do Kidcot and color their masks, that can take more time.

There are so many restaurants, shops, exhibits, gardens. If time is a factor then budget yourself only a specific amount of time for each country or only really stop at the countries that interest you.

BronxTigger
08-11-2008, 08:12 PM
It takes me a whole day! I try to take time to see the movies/attractions, check out the shops, maybe some of the food, look at the architecture, and the best part...the STREET PERFORMERS!! (Get a Times Guide in this park!)

If I'm just walking to walk from one end to the other, maybe a half hour....it's pretty big.

LeeAnn
08-11-2008, 08:35 PM
We will coming from the Y&BC (international Gateway). The kids will be doing the Pirate cruise there. It arrives back 11:30a/12p.

We plan on eating lunch @ an Epcot CS. Have some time @ Epcot before go to Cape May (Y&BC) for dinner.

We will be spending another whole day @ Epcot.

Since we have limted time that day (maybe less than 4 hours), I thought we walks around the World Shocse only. We will stop for some pics (especially w/ characters) and Kidcot stops.

I was wondering if we had enough time to walk all away around to make back intime for dinner @ Cape May.

Also, if I had enough time to squeeze a vist @ Innovenetions for the Disney Visa Meet & Greet (which I think is 1:30p-4:30pm) that would be great.

It's not that I want to breeze by the World Showcase. I will spend a whole day there. Just wondering if I start to walk, would I make it all around? Would I even have time for a detour?

ParkMan
08-11-2008, 10:36 PM
I think you could certainly make it around in 4 hours. I agree with the earlier poster who said you could walk around in a hour. We've "raced" across the World Showcase before and it's not really that far.

With 4 hours, I think you could certainly eat lunch, visit a few countries, and have time for a side trip.

Faced with the same choice, I'd visit the UK & Canada on the way to Future World.

TheDuckRocks
08-12-2008, 09:10 AM
I wouldn't be worried about if I made it all the way around or not as you are going back another day. Eat your lunch, spend some time with whatever characters are out and about, snap some pictures, get what Kidcot stops done that you have time for and most of all enjoy yourselfs. If you don't get all the way around in the 4 hours start where you left off when you go back on the other day.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
08-12-2008, 09:54 AM
It's just around 1.5 miles all the way around the WS. You could get in done within 30 minutes if you walked at a brisk pace. Leisurely would be an hour. I think you could get the entire WS done within a few hours if you stopped at a few places and rides. I couldn't make it a full day myself, there isn't that much that interests me there.

Imagineer1981
08-12-2008, 10:10 AM
You could easily walk the entire thing in 20 minutes minutes with a brisk walk. With 4 hours, you could easily leisurely walk the whole thing, see some shops, ride at least GFT and Malestrom and eat as well. Unless you go into every shop, see every show, sample foods in every country, and look at every detail, WS should take half a day tops

Pop Centurion
08-12-2008, 09:56 PM
I think it's hard not to spend more time in WS than you actually plan to. I like to stop in each Country and browse the shops, check out the performers, try a snack or drink, etc. My GF likes to just walk through and only stop at certain spots. So I've never been able to put a time on it.

brownie
08-13-2008, 10:00 AM
Four hours should give you enough time to enjoy World Showcase. You may not be able to see everything you'd like to or take in all the attractions, but it's certainly enough time to leisurely walk around and take in the sights and sounds.

Fantasmic
08-13-2008, 12:35 PM
How long is a piece of string?!