PDA

View Full Version : How would you bring old rides back?

Imagineer1981
08-11-2008, 05:18 PM
Lets assume that in a magical world, Bob Iger decided to bring back some classic attractions. Would you want them brought back as they were or with some improvements? For example, I loved Mr. Toads Wild Ride, but if they were to bring it back, I think it could be cool to use newer technology to actually drive the cars and better scenic displays then just cutouts with blacklight paint. If they brought back Horizons, think of what they could do with 3D or LCD screens,etc....

Toad
08-14-2008, 03:35 PM
Here's a list of what I'd bring back and the changes that would be made to each attraction:

Mr. Toad's Wild Ride

Incorporate a spinning ride system like that used in Buzz Lightyear or Disneyland's Roger Rabbit attraction.

Retain all the scenes from WDW's original Toad attraction but combine them into one single track rather than two separate tracks. This way the ride would be a single 5-minute ride rather than two 2 ½-minute rides.

Utilize 3-D/animatronic characters and props instead of painted flats, while retaining the original’s style and color schemes.

Implement some elements from Disneyland's version, specifically the explosion effect (which can be placed right after the jail scene) and the Judge character.

Add a crash effect right after the train with spinning stars and maybe a video projection or pepper’s ghost of Mr. Toad levitating around the room.

House the ride in a Toad Hall facade similar to Disneyland's.

Journey Into Imagination

Add a more immersive transition into the science section. Maybe the constellation room from the second Imagination ride (one of the few redeeming facets from that dire attraction) would be suitable. And perhaps a bouncing effect (like that found in Winnie the Pooh) would make the transition more emotional for guests.

Replace the circle-vision ending with a scene that serves as a summation of the entire ride and implements elements from all the previous scenes.

Horizons

Update the 21st century segment so that is more relevant and futuristic for contemporary audiences (this would entail getting rid of all the ‘80’s jumpsuits that the characters wear)

Improve the animatronics so that they move more fluidly

World of Motion

As with Horizons, the animatronics need to be improved (World of Motion has some of the most rigid animatronics ever) and some of the faces should be uplifted.

Revise the Future City segment so that guests ride amidst the city rather than peer upon it in a detached fashion.

Build a new pavilion that includes World of Motion, Transcenter, and an improved version of Test Track (one that doesn’t deface the building).

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea

Clone the Tokyo Disneyland version

The other things I would bring back would be the original Enchanted Tiki Room, the original Main Street, USA, and Emil Radok’s Kinetic Mosaic pre-show for the Universe of Energy (or at something similar to it).

Mousemates
08-14-2008, 07:28 PM
I say bring back toad with a Spiderman (Universal Studios) type ride system and let it become a truly wild ride.

monkeycity
08-15-2008, 01:09 AM
I like the suggestions made already, but I would like to bring back If You Had Wings. I would like to see it done with some more exotic places, too. Maybe in an IMAX format? I miss the cop directing the flamingos and people traffic. And I love the song. I thought the best part was the end where the screen surrounded you and you actually felt like you were flying.

#1donaldfan
08-15-2008, 08:23 AM
why not bring a new park online that has a line up of all the old rides, a park of oldies...:mickey:

Main Street Jim
08-15-2008, 09:07 AM
The other things I would bring back would be the original Enchanted Tiki Room, the original Main Street, USA*Thank you* :D

Toad
08-15-2008, 10:53 AM
I like the suggestions made already, but I would like to bring back If You Had Wings. I would like to see it done with some more exotic places, too. Maybe in an IMAX format? I miss the cop directing the flamingos and people traffic. And I love the song. I thought the best part was the end where the screen surrounded you and you actually felt like you were flying.

To a certain extent, I think of Soarin' as an updated version of If You Had Wings except without all the exotic locales and the theme song.