PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving week-how bad?

gwfx1031
08-11-2008, 05:04 PM
Do you have any experience on the crowds the week of Thanksgiving? Please share.

mouseketeer mom
08-11-2008, 06:15 PM
I felt bad for those experiencing their first Disney stay during Thanksgiving week. It was very crowded, especially as you got closer to the actual holiday. We were there this past Thanksgiving, and really enjoyed ourselves, but the crowds made it a bit more challenging to see and do everything we normally do. It wouldn't stop us from returning this year at Thanksgiving again though!

nyobabe2
08-11-2008, 08:24 PM
Funny, I just posted the same question over a week ago and I'm getting alot of conflicting responses. But what I have discovered upon reading different threads on this website and others, I'm getting the sense that the beginning of the week is probably the normal crowds at the parks and then come Thurs (Thanksgiving Day) and the weekend following that's when it gets insane! My plan, do 4 parks, 4 days in a row, then relax Fri, Sat. and Sunday!:thumbsup:

gwfx1031
08-12-2008, 09:41 AM
Thanks for the reply. We are seasoned visitors, so we know some of the tricks, but it is nice to know ahead what to expect. I like the idea of getting maximum park time in early and use the end of the week for other things.

"SULLEY "RULES!!
08-13-2008, 08:20 PM
:wave:My husband and I will be down at Disney from 11/24 thru 12/5 during the Thanksgiving holiday. 12 relaxing fun-filled days of Disney magic!!!! Hopefully the crowds will be managable. Some of our family members will be down there on Thanksgiving for a week, their first visit. So we will be their Disney tour guides. Our one niece is dancing the Thanksgiving weekend at the MK. Can't wait to see her. It should be a memoriable trip for everyone...If it's crowded we'll go with the flow. It's Disney, it's expected. What to do? HAVE FUN and give MICKEY a great big hug.:mjump:

Iluvpooh
08-13-2008, 09:10 PM
Worse than Columbus Day-better than Spring Break. In my opinion.
We will be there Nov 29th-Dec 3rd. Yes, it will be pretty bad Friday & Saturday, but Sunday isn't that bad because most people are leaving to head home. Monday is still a bit crowded and by Tuesday the parks will be almost empty.