PDA

View Full Version : Four for a dollar

Momof5
08-11-2008, 03:09 PM
Are these guys back as the opening act for Beauty and the Beast? I remember them from several years ago, but the last time I was there, they weren't the opening act. I would love to see them again. I hadn't planned on seeing the B&B stage show this trip because it's not my favorite, but if 4 for a dollar is back, I'm going

TexasPrincessAurora
08-11-2008, 03:24 PM
They were there when DBIL and DSIL went a few weeks ago. They posted all their pictures and I saw that one and immediately recognized Four for a Dollar. They are a really neat group! I wish they would highlight them more...kind of like Off Kilter.

disneyfan328
08-11-2008, 04:27 PM
They were there when we were there last september. My DH still remembers them and their name which is very surprising for him!!

EPCOTGAL1
08-12-2008, 06:22 AM
They were there in April :) Their days off (so I'm told) are Sunday and Monday. If you need a quick fix, you can always go to youtube and search under either For for a Dollar or "Return to Zero" as well, as that is their outside Disney name :) They ARE fabulous. Their harmony is so precise. I go (and drag the family) just to see them and then we bolt before BB starts..

barnaby
08-18-2008, 09:50 PM
Saw this on another site:

(8/18/08) According to one of our readers it was announced that the singing group Four For A Dollar who perform before the Beauty & The Beast – Live on Stage show at Disney’s Hollywood Studios will give their last performance there on September 20th

Dr. Disney
08-19-2008, 12:15 AM

(8/18/08) According to one of our readers it was announced that the singing group Four For A Dollar who perform before the Beauty & The Beast – Live on Stage show at Disney’s Hollywood Studios will give their last performance there on September 20th

Tell me it's not true :( We're going in December, and really look forward to seeing these guys

IamBelle
08-19-2008, 10:55 AM
I have never seen these guys! I am going in 4 days, 9hrs, I can't wait to see them!

DisneyOtaku
08-19-2008, 11:10 AM

To quote Darth Vader: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I love love LOVE Four for a Dollar. That makes me so sad :(

KAJUNKING
08-19-2008, 12:49 PM
ive only seen them once but found them very entertaining, so i will make it a point to see them one last time on this trip

Stich8818
08-19-2008, 03:31 PM
Aug 18 – Four For a Dollar to perform no more …

It has now been officially confirmed that the popular acapella quartet “Four For a Dollar” will no longer be the pre-show for the Beauty and the Beast show, Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Rumours have been circulating for a few days but have now been officially confirmed by the group. The statement on their website says:

*“Just so you all know, Four For a Dollar ceases to exist after Sep 20, the company's decision. Come see us before it's too late. And if it matters to you, not that it will change anything, post any frustration you may feel regarding this here, on our website, and Disney's site.”

The impression given is that this is not a decision voluntarily made by the group!

It was also on their Myspace page too.So it goes without saying that if you can get a chance to see them before they leave the parks get there before the 20th. Obviously they still are Return to Zero outside the Studios.

pixiebeliever
08-19-2008, 09:41 PM
As posted by the wife of one of the singers, Disney is trying to free up money for bringing in singers for the High School Musical 3 show in the fall. They say that's where the revenue is going to be.

Here is the email address to voice frustration: Kevin Keyser, Talent Casting Director [email protected]

jrpersinger
08-19-2008, 11:14 PM
:huh:

:noway:

:humph:

Yeap, thank that sums up my opinion on that!

TheDuckRocks
08-20-2008, 10:32 AM
Message sent! Not that it will do much good.:mad:

DDuck66
08-20-2008, 03:13 PM
Here is a copy of my e-mail that I sent.

It is my understanding that Disney has decided not to renew the contract for this group for the upcoming year in order to have more money available to bring in singers for the new HSM3 show. While I understand that HSM is a big money maker for Disney, it seems that the company is sacrificing many of the small unique pieces of WDW that make our trips "magical". I have to say that I and my family are very disappointed with this decision.
Thank you for your time,
I will let you know if I get a response.

CaptSmee
08-21-2008, 02:25 AM
:mad::confused::(

DizneyRox
08-21-2008, 02:53 AM
Here is a copy of my e-mail that I sent.

It is my understanding that Disney has decided not to renew the contract for this group for the upcoming year in order to have more money available to bring in singers for the new HSM3 show. While I understand that HSM is a big money maker for Disney, it seems that the company is sacrificing many of the small unique pieces of WDW that make our trips "magical". I have to say that I and my family are very disappointed with this decision.
Thank you for your time,
I will let you know if I get a response.
I have found that unless you indicate that you want a response, anything other than "We tahnk you for your letter, it has been forwarded to the proper dept is all that comes back.