PDA

View Full Version : Time Flies When You're Having Fun!

Ed
08-11-2008, 02:43 PM
Today marks the beginning of my tenth year on INTERCOT. :mickey:

What has kept me here so long? :confused:

The answer is very simple:

YOU !

It seems a little corny to describe Intercot as being "like family", but it's very true. We usually get along quite well, but like any family we have our occasional squabbles and spats, but at the end of the day it all seems to work out, and we all pull together to help each other make the most of our vacations, welcome new members, laugh at each other's jokes, cry over the bad news, congratulate each other on marriages, births, graduations, new jobs, and other good news. We engage each other in serious discussions, offer our opinions on the pros and cons of various situations, share our experience - positive and negative - on a wide variety of topics, and on rare occasions (yeah, right!) we engage in a little silliness; think "Just Questions" and "Which Doll?" :thedolls:

This sums it up:

:rocks: :rocks: :rocks:

:cool:

Ian
08-11-2008, 02:47 PM
If we're family, Ed, then I have a few requests:

1. Can I borrow money?
2. I'll be down in Florida next month, so I assume you'll have the guest room made up for us?
3. Can I borrow money?
4. Where's my Christmas and birthday presents for the last thirty-*cough cough* years??
5. Can I borrow money?
6. Does this mean Thanksgiving is at your place?
7. Can I borrow money?

;)

Ed
08-11-2008, 03:09 PM
If we're family, Ed, then I have a few requests:

1. Can I borrow money? No

2. I'll be down in Florida next month, so I assume you'll have the guest room made up for us? Sure!

3. Can I borrow money? No

4. Where's my Christmas and birthday presents for the last thirty-*cough cough* years?? The :thedolls: took them.

5. Can I borrow money? No

6. Does this mean Thanksgiving is at your place? Sure. But you'll be lonely, 'cuz we won't be here. :D

7. Can I borrow money? HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU "NO"? DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND ENGLISH? NOW GO TO YOUR ROOM!

Oops! Sorry. Just a little familial disagreement there....My bad! :blush:

;)

:D :beer:

Jasper
08-11-2008, 03:18 PM
Congrats on your 10 years! I will have my 10 year anniversary in a little over a year and it still never fails to amaze me that it has been that long. And you are so very right about this place feeling like family! And just to make sure that Ian does not get more that I do, can I borrow some money?

Ed
08-11-2008, 03:26 PM
And just to make sure that Ian does not get more that I do, can I borrow some money?

Sure. You can have whatever is left over after I fill the tanks on a big truck, a minivan, a lawn mower, and a boat.

In other words, will an IOU suffice?

:D

faline
08-11-2008, 03:32 PM
Ed, we sure are glad you are here! :mickey:

disneymom15
08-11-2008, 03:48 PM
:party2:Congrats

Jasper
08-11-2008, 03:57 PM
Sure. You can have whatever is left over after I fill the tanks on a big truck, a minivan, a lawn mower, and a boat.

In other words, will an IOU suffice?

WOW, you must really be rich!!! After filling all those tanks you can still afford to buy pencil and paper! I am really impressed by how wealthy you must be!

Ed
08-11-2008, 04:00 PM
WOW, you must really be rich!!! After filling all those tanks you can still afford to buy pencil and paper! I am really impressed by how wealthy you must be!

Not at all. :nono:

The IOU would be written on the back of the gas pump receipt, and will be written in the blood flowing from my eyes when I see the total bill!

Jasper
08-11-2008, 04:08 PM
Not at all. :nono:

The IOU would be written on the back of the gas pump receipt, and will be written in the blood flowing from my eyes when I see the total bill!

Well, the good thing is that you can probably get free health care at most religious affiliated hospitals when you go to get your bleeding eyes patched up!

MauiMouse
08-11-2008, 04:09 PM
Congrats on 10 years, Ed! :fworks:

Marilyn Michetti
08-11-2008, 04:52 PM
CONGRATULATIONS ON 10 YEARS !!:mickey:

ElenitaB
08-11-2008, 08:37 PM
So, where are you going to celebrate? And will you be buying a new pair of shorts to commemorate the occasion? ;)

RedSoxFan
08-11-2008, 09:29 PM
Congrats on 10 years.:)

SgtTigger
08-11-2008, 09:48 PM
So since we are "like family" your words...

Does this make me the weird cousin that no one really wants to invite to the party but are to scared not to incase I find out? :jaw:

Silliness??????

Silliness??????

What is this silliness you speak of?????

:thedolls::thedolls::thedolls::thedolls:

Way to go on 10 years...... you are what makes INTERCOT what it is..... and for that let me say THANKS.......

:cop: :tigger:

Minnie Imagineer
08-11-2008, 09:57 PM
CONGRATS!!! Thats awesome! 10 years?!? wow!
I wasn't 'allowed' to be on intercot 10 years ago :(
But now I am! lol

we should all wear "Intercot Family Vacation" tee....just kidding lol!

:rocks:

Ed
08-12-2008, 03:46 AM
And will you be buying a new pair of shorts to commemorate the occasion? ;)

No, just taking the old ones to Maaco for a fresh coat of red paint.

So since we are "like family" your words...

Does this make me the weird cousin that no one really wants to invite to the party but are to scared not to incase I find out? :jaw:

Absolutely! :thumbsup: You're invited, but the local fire marshal says you're not allowed within 1000 yards of the grill. :fireman:

I wasn't 'allowed' to be on intercot 10 years ago :(

Does that mean that I have socks that are older than you? :old:

In an effort to convince myself that I'm much younger than I really am, I need to clarify that I've only been on the boards for nine years, and am now starting the tenth.

There. I feel like a teenager again. :)

I wish..........

Carol
08-12-2008, 07:06 AM
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, ED! :fworks:

Melanie
08-12-2008, 07:18 AM
:cheers: to you, Ed!

ChipnDaleGal
08-12-2008, 08:03 AM
:fworks: Happy Anniversary Ed!! :fworks:

And thanks for all you do around here to make Intercot such a special online home to hang out in! :thumbsup:

Nana
08-12-2008, 09:10 AM
Woo Hoo!!! What fantastic news. Ed, You are one of the main reasons I joined Intercot so many years ago. You are a great guy and yes, you do look nice in your red shorts (even if the peacocks were offended). CONGRATS ON 10-HERE IS TO 10 MORE. :marg:

Diznee4Me
08-12-2008, 11:44 AM
Congratulations on ten years! Here's :beer: to plenty more!

Jeff G
08-12-2008, 01:26 PM
Congratulations Ed!!

You certainly have a great join date! I was just doing a little investigating and it looks like you, Jeff(JPL) and myself all joined on the same date. Very cool:thumbsup:! It's hard to belevie that it's been 10 years of posting here. I used to come here just to read about WDW now I feel like I know many people personally and my first stop is the water cooler to see how evryone is doing.

Great job summing up Intercot!
:rocks:

Ed
08-12-2008, 01:39 PM
How's that for a coincidence? Aug 11, '99 sure was a popular date!

Congrats to you and the other Jeff, as well!

:thumbsup: