PDA

View Full Version : hot dog! hot dog!

Bethis26fan
08-11-2008, 12:46 PM
Ok from a diffrent thread I'm gathering that Casey's has the best hot dogs. I'm not that big of a hot dog eater, so I would like to know what Makes Casey's hot dog's better than Cosmic Ray's hot dogs. My cousin likes to get them from cosmic rays because of the onions on the fixin bar. So Should I tell her to try casey's instead? So why is casey's the best?

SBETigg
08-11-2008, 12:49 PM
I've never had a hot dog at Cosmic Rays, so I can't say how they are any different from Casey's. Casey's dogs are really plump and delicious, all beef, and they also have a full fixins bar for the dogs.

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-11-2008, 01:07 PM
Okay, I know what I'm about to say is really going to be unpopular but we really didn't like the hotdogs at Casey's...we found them to be rubbery and not so tasty.:blush:

wonderalice23
08-11-2008, 01:21 PM
I'm not sure what makes them the best, but I always need to have one the first day I arrive, even if it means going to MK from another park! I think its the toppings bar combined with the ballpark ambiance, and their sauerkraut is perfect every time!!!:thumbsup:

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-11-2008, 01:27 PM
We love Casey's too!

I think it has to do with the cheese sauce :)

tink2006
08-11-2008, 02:27 PM
so I would like to know what Makes Casey's hot dog's better than Cosmic Ray's hot dogs.

Atmosphere :cloud9::mickey:

Iluvpooh
08-11-2008, 02:30 PM
I am pretty sure that they are the same hot dogs. I just do not like Cosmic Rays because it is ALWAYS super busy!

Cheloconnell
08-11-2008, 02:37 PM
I agree it is more of the atmosphere - same dogs I bet. They have a room that shows old Disney cartoons - it is the best :thumbsup:

Katarch
08-11-2008, 02:45 PM
Okay, I know what I'm about to say is really going to be unpopular but we really didn't like the hotdogs at Casey's...we found them to be rubbery and not so tasty.:blush:
:ditto:

Mousemates
08-11-2008, 02:50 PM
As others have said atmosphere....but to that i will add a sense of nostalgia (lots of the restaurants at disney have special memories associated with them, memories that can make the meals partaken of more enjoyable than the food itself provides). To me Caseys is one of those places.

dmosher
08-11-2008, 04:15 PM
Casey's Corner is very cool, great atmosphere, good food and extras and if your lucky you can have lunch with the little duck family that always wonders in... soooo cute!
:pipes:
D

Disney Yankee
08-11-2008, 07:51 PM
We love Casey's!:number1: It is one of our first stops at Disney every year. We love the mini corn dogs!!!:tasty:

Mickey91
08-11-2008, 09:25 PM
IMO as far as just a hotdog, they are no different than at Cosmic Rays.

Aggie97
08-11-2008, 10:43 PM
We've had very tasty chili cheese dogs at Cosmic Ray's, but Casey's has those yummy corn dog nuggets... they've become our new favorite after first reading about them on Intercot last year! :mickey:

DumboMom
08-11-2008, 10:47 PM
We love them because we can grab them and sit out on Main Street. It is a nice quick lunch! :mickey:

joonyer
08-11-2008, 11:38 PM
Ths dogs themselves are probably the same at Casey's and Cosmic Rays; I'm sure they are not made on site (they are mass produced).
But the atmosphere: There's nothing like getting at Hotdog from Casey's on Main Street, USA and watching the fireworks explode over the castle.

It's not Nathan's, but its as good as it gets (hot dog wise) in WDW.

I take the Ferry
08-12-2008, 12:29 AM
And furthermore;

Casey's has onions on their fixin's bar.

-BUT-

If your cousin likes the sautéed onions, those are -not- at Casesy's.

Like was said before, many times our favorite place to eat at WDW has less to do with the food than it does memories and associations. If your cousin likes Starlight Ray's, she probably has a reason for it.

Besides, less people in line @ Casey's = a good thing IMO. Hehe.

Mmmm, Grand Slam.

K, Slater!
I take the Ferry!

sophie peach
08-13-2008, 07:18 PM
there the best hot dogs i have ever tasted in my life and i shall be eating plenty come september

pigletpie
08-13-2008, 07:31 PM
I am not a big hot dog person normally, but from the time I tried a Casey's hot dog there has never been one to compare! :stitch2:I LOVE Them!! I think its more than the atmosphere and memories...I think some kind of magical infusion happens between the hot dogs and the fries that Casey's serves that make them extra tasty :cloud9:-their fries are awesome too (not like any other in the park, the others in the park taste like they came from a school cafetria). Great...now I want a Casey's hot dog!!! :bball: :geek2:

GrmGrninGost
08-13-2008, 10:51 PM
Right down my alley! Actually, the dogs at Cosmic Ray's (IMHO) are superior to the dogs at Casey's Corner! A chili cheese dog at Cosmic Ray's is as good a hot dog as I've ever eaten anywhere! The taste! The texture! It's all there! They are, in a word, wonderful! :mickey:

TINKERBELL_82
08-15-2008, 11:24 AM
Gosh, all this talk about hot dogs is making me hungry!! :eat:

7 more days!!! :D

Guya103
08-15-2008, 12:35 PM
I'm not sure what makes them the best, but I always need to have one the first day I arrive, even if it means going to MK from another park! I think its the toppings bar combined with the ballpark ambiance, and their sauerkraut is perfect every time!!!:thumbsup:

Same for us!! It is a tradition. The combo of the kraut, cheese sauce, outdoor dining and stage performers at the castle make it magical and memorable everytime!

The simple things at WDW are usually what we treasure the most. ONLY FIVE MORE DAYS---YIPEE!!!!!:mickey:

Pop Centurion
08-15-2008, 01:50 PM
I wish they had turkey dogs. We don't eat beef or pork so we're out of luck whenever we're in the mood for a hot dog at Disney or anywhere else other than home. :(

Hull-onian
08-15-2008, 06:26 PM
We love Casey's!:number1: It is one of our first stops at Disney every year. We love the mini corn dogs!!!:tasty:

:ditto:

N2DisneyWorld
08-16-2008, 12:06 PM
OMG, I am craving hot dogs now. :)

MushuGrl
08-17-2008, 12:39 AM
The first time I ever had a Casey's hot dog was my very first trip to WDW in 2003, right before my very first Main Street parade. They have been near and dear to my heart ever since.

The first time I had a Cosmic Ray's hot dog was my trip last year, when EVERYBODY was seeking shelter from the huge storm that had pretty much rained out our MNSSHP. Don't know if it was my disappointment or not, but the dog just seemed stale.