PDA

View Full Version : Disney Holiday Village

mdhiggin
08-11-2008, 08:02 AM
If you love Christmas villages and Disney, this is right up your alley. I've been looking for something like this for over a year, and just happened to see an insert in my newspaper last Sunday about it. Of course, now I'm on the list to receive the village piece by piece. It's a new series by Hawthorne Village. Their website is CollectiblesToday.com.

mdhiggin
08-11-2008, 08:16 AM
Sorry, I posted by accident. Anyway, the first house you get is Mickey's Place with Mickey, and I think his buds too, Minnie, Donald, Goofy and Pluto. They're in the picture. Next comes Pooh's Hundred Acre Tree Farm, then Hi Ho Holiday Cottage, 7 Dwarves, and the last on the photo is Disney Magic Castle. There are lots of people in the picture too, Princesses, Pinochio, Bambi and of course the ones that go with the houses. The customer service lady said this was a brand new series with four buildings but which could possibly expand to ten buildings. I'm so excited!

wdwnomad
08-11-2008, 10:51 PM
Could you tell me what the name of it is? I tried to find it but I couldn't locate it. I did see a Villians one for Halloween which was really cool. I don't have a Halloween village yet but wanted to start one....

mdhiggin
08-12-2008, 01:04 PM
It's called Disney Through the Years Village. The website only shows the first house which is Mickey's Place. The insert I had in my newspaper showed the others I mentioned. I called the number from collectiblestoday.com and gave them the number from my insert to eventually get the whole set. That number was 917177-H84105. I believe the first six numbers are the same as on Mickey's Place for the website. I don't know what the last six indicate, but they did ask for it when I called. The first six might have been enough, though.

mdhiggin
08-12-2008, 01:12 PM
If you look in the upper right hand corner of the Mickey's Place photo, you can see Pooh's Hundred Acre Tree Farm, the name for the tree house which is supposed to be the next one sent. In my photo, Tigger and Eeyore are playing on an ice pond, and Pooh is decorating a tiny tree with Piglet.

wdwnomad
08-12-2008, 10:45 PM
Thanks. I did see that one while I was looking but it didn't register that was the one. I guess because I was looking for a collection of houses, not just one.

It is nice. I think I am going to have to finish the Christmas Village that you can buy in Disney World before I start another collection. I have two more pieces to buy. I hope they still have them.

mdhiggin
08-12-2008, 11:11 PM
Where do they have a Christmas village at Disney World, and what is in the collection?

wdwnomad
08-14-2008, 10:46 PM
They sell them in the Christmas shops there in Downtown Disney and the MK. It is made up of Main Street USA buildings. As of last year the collection consisted of Cinderalla's Castle, Casey's Corner, Emporium, City Hall, Train Station, Cinema & the Firehouse. The houses each have lights that change colors and a character(s) on them.

They are really nice. I have heard that some of the pieces have been discontiued. I hope that if they are they would reissue some of them. I know Casey's Corner hasn't be around for a couple of years. I've thought about getting one off of ebay but it normally ends up going for well over $100.

mdhiggin
08-15-2008, 01:37 PM
Interesting...I'll have to check those out on my next trip.

Jasper
08-15-2008, 02:17 PM
I am not a collector of the villages so I don't know much about them other than what I have seen passing through the shops. However, my daughter who is now 23 was asked by a friend to get a Casey's when she was down there last year and was not able to get one. Granted things can always change but she was told at that time that there were no immediate plans to bring it back.

Good luck on finishing your sets!

wdwnomad
08-15-2008, 11:08 PM
I am not a collector of the villages so I don't know much about them other than what I have seen passing through the shops. However, my daughter who is now 23 was asked by a friend to get a Casey's when she was down there last year and was not able to get one. Granted things can always change but she was told at that time that there were no immediate plans to bring it back.

Good luck on finishing your sets!

Tell me about it. A couple of years ago they were actually selling these houses on Disneyshopping online and Casey's was one of them. This is how I first started collecting them. About a week after getting the first one they all go on sale and they put out a great code on top of that. I could have got three of them for like $80. It was a great deal but I decided to pass at the time. Well they eventually all sell out online. From that moment I regreted it. They haven't sold them online since either. Every trip back since I look for it and can never get it. The only place you can get it is eBay is the bids always go sky high. Besides Casey's I only need City Hall to finish up the collection. I think if I can't get them this year at Disney World I going to have to breakdown and fork over some money on eBay.

doombuggy
08-22-2008, 01:41 PM
I hate to break this news to you guys, but the series has been discontinued. The last new one to come out was the Haunted Mansion, about a year ago (decorated with pumpkins). I think all of the other pieces were mentioned - castle, emp, fire house, cinema, train station, casey's. There were also accessories such as benches, lamps, trolley car.

I am trying to remember what we have left at DDOC, and I think it's only a emporiums, cinemas and maybe a firehouse or castle.

Your best bet is to call the regular WDW mail order line. They can search the property for an item you are looking for. if you are looking for Casey's or the HM, ebay will be your best bet. Casey's was retired about 2 years ago.

mdhiggin
08-29-2008, 01:09 PM
Now the collectiblestoday website has the whole picture that I do. It has the three buildings mentioned and a vague castle in the background that is listed on my sheet as one of the buildings. I guess they haven't finished making it yet. Anyway, type in Disney Holiday Village instead of Through the Years. They changed it for some reason. It's called Disney's Ultimate Holiday Village.