PDA

View Full Version : Riverside....

njkiki
08-11-2008, 01:31 AM
Has anyone ever eaten in the TS @ Riverside? It's call Boatwright's and looks ok but I like hearing other people'e opinion too. :mickey:

Natazu
08-11-2008, 02:14 AM
Hello njkiki and Welcome to INTERCOT.

Boatwright's is one of Disney's most unsung restaurants. It rarely gets talked about even though the staff consistently puts out great food at reasonable prices. It's easy to get a reservation and you don't need park tickets to get in.

#1donaldfan
08-11-2008, 12:45 PM
Welcome to INTERCOT !!!!

I am here to tell you that you will have the best breakfast EVER at Boatwrights......we absolutley love it !!!

The dinner is very good, however it's more of a "home cooking" style and we get that at home all year, and tend to try new things while on vacation....

Boatwrights is a great place to eat....!!!:mickey:

SBETigg
08-11-2008, 12:51 PM
Boatwright's for dinner is nothing special to me. We had an okay meal there, but I wouldn't bother unless I was staying at the resort and too tired to venture out elsewhere. It was just all around average in my opinion. It may be much better for breakfast.

KatMark
08-11-2008, 12:55 PM
We have never had breakfast although we are thinking of trying it--husband wants to try the sweet potato pancakes.

As for dinner, NEVER again. You couldn't pay me to eat there. We went there for dinner on our final night at Disney last year and it was a disaster the moment we arrived. We waited over 50 minutes for our ADR...as people who came in after us (same number in group) were taken before us. The service was terrible--our waitress had no personality whatsoever and with the exception of what she had to ask us, she never said a word. The food was not good--we each had a steak and both of them were very fatty and mine was not cooked right (sent it back and it still came back wrong); the potatos were fair; the desserts I don't even remember. It was so loud in there that you couldn't even hear yourself think let alone talk to the person across the table from you. A lot of that probably has to do with the fact that the bar where the piano player plays is on one side of the restaurant and then on the other side is the food court where you have tons of people coming in the doors by Boatwright's and going into the food court. VERY LOUD. Would not recommend to anyone for dinner.

TheDuckRocks
08-11-2008, 03:21 PM
Wow, KatMark,
I'm sorry to hear that you had such an unpleasant experience. We have eaten there a number of times and dinner has always been good and breakfast outstanding (love the sweet potato pancakes). But I do know any restaurant can have bad days or just might not be your cup of tea. Le Cellier to us was a wonderful experience followed on our next trip by the worst dining experience ever. That is why I try to keep an open mind when reading both positives and negitives on dining reviews.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
08-11-2008, 05:46 PM
Having stayed at POR Boatwrights is good. However, in the scheme of the DDP (if that is what you are refering to by a TS) then I don't see Boatwrights as a good deal, for lack of a better term.

Boatwright's is a resort restaraunt. If you are going to use a TS, why not try one with a little more ambiance like some of the ones in EPCOT (LeCellier) or on the Boardwalk (Spoodles) or go to the Deluxe resorts and do Boma or Ohana or Whispering Canyon, all I think better choices than Boatwrights (imo - based on my preferences).

Having done the dining plan twice, I have a hard time using (and so far I haven't) a TS on a moderate resort restaraunt. There's just too much out there that I would rather try.

Just my opinion for what it's worth. Of course if your not on the dining plan, then knock yourself out and give it a try. The ambiance is ok, but as mentioned it's situated between the open bar area and the main resort food court. There is privacy, but at the same time you are aware of the resort guests.

KatMark
08-16-2008, 08:07 PM
Wow, KatMark,
I'm sorry to hear that you had such an unpleasant experience. We have eaten there a number of times and dinner has always been good and breakfast outstanding (love the sweet potato pancakes). But I do know any restaurant can have bad days or just might not be your cup of tea. Le Cellier to us was a wonderful experience followed on our next trip by the worst dining experience ever. That is why I try to keep an open mind when reading both positives and negitives on dining reviews.

I agree with you. We usually always give every restaurant a second chance (we've done Hollywood & Vine twice--NEVER again) because of a poor first attempt. But the host at Boatwright's was beyond rude and I just don't think we would take the time to travel to the POR to eat dinner--although DH really wants to try those sweet potato pancakes; we don't have time for it this upcoming trip, but will probably try it next year.

GrmGrninGost
08-16-2008, 08:19 PM
We enjoy Boatwrights! We ate there for dinner last year while staying at POR. Not sure I would travel there to eat if I wasn't staying at POR. But, next time we stay at POR I'm sure we'll eat there again! :mickey:

brownie
08-18-2008, 10:13 AM
We've only eaten breakfast there, but we really enjoy it. I'd recommend giving it a try, at least for breakfast!

Insanity Clause
08-18-2008, 10:20 AM
We are planning on having breakfast there the morning that we depart :( my DH really wants to try the Sweet Potato pancakes.

luv_cinderella
08-18-2008, 08:21 PM
If you are going to use a TS, why not try one with a little more ambiance...

...have a hard time using (and so far I haven't) a TS on a moderate resort restaraunt. There's just too much out there that I would rather try.

I completely agree. We had dinner at Boatwrights when we stayed at POFQ and went for a dinner with DH family (who were not on dining plan). We paid out of pocket. I wouldn't use a table service on it because I also would want to try something a bit more "unusual". However, we did think the food and service were great and would not hesitate to eat again (just not in DP!). :mickey:

PeterPan
08-19-2008, 12:26 AM
I must say we really, really love Boatwright's. LOVE IT. Have always had good service and great food. It is possible to have bad food and bad service at any restaurant - anywhere.

Breakfast is a GREAT choice.