PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Food Festival

GoldenDreams
08-11-2008, 01:06 AM
Hi Everyone,

We are planning to visit this fall for the Epcot Food Festival. I was on a couple of other websites looking at the list of pavillions and I didn't see China listed. That has always been my favorite. Does anyone here know if the list is finalized and whether China is on it?

Thanks for your help!

Natazu
08-11-2008, 02:47 AM
I couldn't imagine a festival without chicken sha chas. Don't worry, the other websites tend to jump the gun when it comes to things like this. Once the info gets posted here, it'll pretty much be correct. Right Sally?

Kairi_7378
08-11-2008, 06:50 AM
Some of the preview websites don't list the regular WS countries on the list of participating countries at the Food and Wine Festival. I don't see how any of the WS countries would NOT participate as the festival is going on all around them. Like Jym said, this is the best place to get the list of offerings once it becomes official.

SallyP
08-11-2008, 07:35 AM
I couldn't imagine a festival without chicken sha chas. Don't worry, the other websites tend to jump the gun when it comes to things like this. Once the info gets posted here, it'll pretty much be correct. Right Sally?

Right Natazu! The other websites base their postings on dribbles of rumors, which is fun for the speculators but not very accurate.
It is a sure thing that the festival's special events are greatly reduced this year and Disney has been very tardy with the schedule. I'm sure there are reasons but it has been agonizing for the devoted foodies.:(

goofyfan4466
08-11-2008, 07:57 AM
figment posted the kiosk list on friday in the news & rumors discussion board. hope this helps.

SallyP
08-11-2008, 08:10 AM
Thanks goofyfan. A China kiosk is not on the list. Some new ones are though such as Louisiana, Austria and a Cheesemonger kiosk.

GoldenDreams
08-11-2008, 09:17 PM
You know what's weird? China is in the write-up at the top, but then not in the list.

I hope they are there!! I love that spicy peanut sauce that they serve.

Polynesian Dweller
08-11-2008, 09:52 PM
On the WDW site they are showing Shanghai, China with an asterisk. At the bottom it says that the asterisk means "Featured Flavor Coming Soon" so China will be there just need to wait for details.:mickey:

GoldenDreams
08-11-2008, 11:49 PM
Thank you Polynesian Dweller! You made my night!:mickey:

Natazu
08-12-2008, 03:57 AM
On the WDW site they are showing Shanghai, China with an asterisk. At the bottom it says that the asterisk means "Featured Flavor Coming Soon" so China will be there just need to wait for details.:mickey:
They're busy with the Olympics. There's only like one guy in China that does all the PR.