PDA

View Full Version : Minicot - Mini-Epcot in Minne-sota!

disneybob
08-10-2008, 10:28 PM
Hello all !! :wave:

We posted a thread earlier about our Epcot themed July 4th event in Minnesota called "Minicot" where we re-created a mini version of the Soarin ride as well as a fireworks show modeled after Illuminations - Reflections of Earth. We also decorated our deck in a Mexico pavilion theme complete with rumbling volcano!

We posted youtube links to the videos of the event not realizing that Intercot has a policy against posting outside links :oops:....I am definately in full agreement with Intercot's policy given the nature of some of the stuff out there on the web.

If your interested in seeing the video's, you can PM me and I will send you the links.

We plan on adding some behind the scenes videos soon for those interested. Thanks to all of the earlier comments and feel free to add any additional comments/questions here :mickey:

Jeri
08-11-2008, 12:39 AM
That is great. I went to your homepage and followed the link from there.

You did a great job. I loved your version of Soarin.:cloud9::thumbsup:

Minnie Imagineer
08-11-2008, 09:30 AM
I found the link on your page...that was awesome!!! Great job!

Imagineer1981
08-11-2008, 10:16 AM
very creative, great idea!

disneybob
08-11-2008, 10:36 AM
Thank you! :blush:

We really had alot of fun putting it all together, family and friends all thought we were a little crazy for all of the work we put into it, but they also are well aware of our Disney fanatic tendancies and had alot of fun at the event.

Once we post the behind-the-scenes videos I think you will all get a kick out of the detail we put into the set-up.

Diznee4Me
08-11-2008, 05:10 PM
Great videos and a great job recreating EPCOT! I bet it was a lot of fun. Giving me ideas but I could never pull them off like you did!:thumbsup:

drice
08-11-2008, 07:41 PM
Great videos and a great job recreating EPCOT! I bet it was a lot of fun. Giving me ideas but I could never pull them off like you did!:thumbsup:

I have to give my brother and his son the most credit for all the technical challenges, but I do hope others take a stab at this, it would be fun to see other ideas, like yours :D