PDA

View Full Version : Afternoon tea, what's a must have?

mouseketeer mom
08-10-2008, 09:26 PM
Yumm...my girls and I (they are 14 and 12) are reading the menu for the afternoon tea we are attending next week and can't decide!! Everything sounds so good I feel like ordering everything off the A La Carte menu to try!:blush: For those who have gone..have you ordered a tea package, like the Buckingham Tea etc..or have you ordered A la Carte? What is a must have at the tea!

Natazu
08-10-2008, 10:10 PM
I get the kiddie package with the White Jasmine tea. It's called Mrs. Pott's Cupboard or something. I like the sandwiches and tarts. I'm not so much for cheese with my tea and I don't care for their scones very much.

ElenitaB
08-10-2008, 11:34 PM
Well, not the first time I'm disagreeing with Jym and it certainly won't be the last. As far as I'm concerned, the scones are a "don't miss," particularly since they're served warm! :tasty: As part of the Buckingham Tea service, they're the second course (I'd gladly trade my jam tart for Jym's scone if we ever go together again ;)). The tea (http://benellen.smugmug.com/photos/208661639_EFaCm-X2.jpg) sandwiches (http://benellen.smugmug.com/photos/208661454_4maiZ-X2.jpg) and onion tart that were served as the first course, were also good. I also enjoyed the strawberries and cream (http://benellen.smugmug.com/photos/208661484_qvZqn-X2.jpg) that was part of the dessert course, however, I've been told by the folks from the table next to ours that the trifle was outrageous.

mouseketeer mom
08-11-2008, 08:18 AM
Thanks Ellen! I loved the pictures! I don't know if one of my kids will eat the sandwiches..but I know I will and so will my 12 yr. old. I wondered about the dessert..the strawberries and cream look great..but don't I choose between them and pastries or something? I don't know that I see the trifle on the package.

TINKERBELL_82
08-11-2008, 09:52 AM
I concur that the scones were amazing! Everything we had was divine!:mickey:

Figaro0826
08-11-2008, 11:38 AM
Afternoon tea is a must do, on our vacations.

I would ay dont miss the tea sandwichs .

Its a great experience.

We have done the Buckingham Palace, wich comes will aloot of stuff, its a meal in its self.

Enjoy!

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-11-2008, 01:11 PM
Are these teas complete with hats and furs for dress up that's more like a fun tea or is it more of a "serious tea"....we did a tea in Destin, fl and they had things for us to play "Dress Up in"

wonderalice23
08-11-2008, 01:25 PM
The strawberries and cream..and if someone at your table orders the Prince Edward tea, like my boyfriend did, "sample" some of the pate' and stilton....ok maybe sample is putting it mildly....;)

TheDuckRocks
08-11-2008, 03:30 PM
Are these teas complete with hats and furs for dress up that's more like a fun tea or is it more of a "serious tea"....we did a tea in Destin, fl and they had things for us to play "Dress Up in"

It is not a dress up tea, but I guess if you wanted to do it on your own nobody would care. Most people are in the better clothes you would wear in the parks.
My favorite thing is the onion tarts. I even got the receipe for them but have never made them. That would mean I'd actually have to go into the kitchen and cook.:noway:

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-11-2008, 03:43 PM
Oh that's too bad....there was a group of 6 grown women when we went and we had a blast with the ridiculous froo-froo hats and stoles, it was loads of fun but the tea and snacks really were top notch....I guess this one could be fun too, it would just be a totally different experience...