PDA

View Full Version : the kitchen sink

motherof4
08-10-2008, 08:29 PM
when we went to the disney yacht club resort we had the kitchen sink ice cream sunday we were on the disney meal plan but paid cash because we didn't know it was considered a counter service but I was wondering is it one counter service for each member in our party or just one of us?

Sunshine1010
08-10-2008, 10:06 PM
The kitchen sink can be used as a CS?

CaptainJessicaSparrow
08-11-2008, 12:55 AM
Beaches and Cream is both a CS and TS location, but the Kitchen Sink is not included as part of the DDP. It's not a complete meal and it's not a snack.

The Kitchen Sink isn't available from the CS side, if I remember correctly. It's only available from the TS side.

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-11-2008, 01:34 PM
This sounds so good....don't know about sharing with multiple parties though....doesn't sound very sanitary

GrumpyFan
08-11-2008, 04:14 PM
This sounds so good....don't know about sharing with multiple parties though....doesn't sound very sanitary

Well, I guess you could ask for bowls, and serve everybody individually, but I doubt any one person could do this by themself.

You can the the Kitchen Sink here (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/menus/resorts/beachesandcream.asp) it's the picture at the top of the page.

I'm not sure how they would charge it on the DDP, it's $21.99, which is the cost of some TS meals.

Daddy Mouse
08-11-2008, 10:55 PM
The Kitchen Sink scares me!

magicofdisney
08-12-2008, 07:10 PM
They bring out bowls for everyone in the party and a large serving spoon. :mickey:

jonahbear2006
08-12-2008, 07:25 PM

Actually, sharing food is not unsanitary. The dirtiest parts of our bodies are actually our hands, so as long as everyone washes their hands it should be ok. After testing this thoroughly they have found it factual that hands are dirtier than any part of the body but soap removes about 98% of these germs. Suprisingly, it isn't usually your mouth in which you get germs from, or viruses, it is your nose and your eyes. Most often, you pass viruses from rubbing your eyes or wiping your nose, and then touching items that are shared. I don't see that sharing should be any problem, but if you are still nervous about it, then like they have said, they will bring you all out separate bowls.

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-12-2008, 08:45 PM
Separate bowls would work...its not that I don't mind sharing a bite or two, its just thinking how many times you dip that spoon in....but I guess I'm taking all the fun out of it...I'm sorry didn't mean to be a party pooper:blush:

disneymom2000
08-12-2008, 09:21 PM
MMMMMMMM The Kitchen Sink There in 21 days and can't wait to get my spoon in it:woohoo:

jonahbear2006
08-12-2008, 10:00 PM
19 days here! I cant wait as well. We will be getting the kitchen sink right away, as we have nothing to do the day we check in!!!! Yay! Off the plane and Head for the kitchen Sink! Breakfast of champions.

MushuGrl
08-17-2008, 12:49 AM
I have a semi-goofy question...how much vanilla ice cream is in the kitchen sink?

My sister and I are going with a friend in December - we'd like to do this, but he doesn't like vanilla.

magicofdisney
08-17-2008, 06:12 PM
I have a semi-goofy question...how much vanilla ice cream is in the kitchen sink?

My sister and I are going with a friend in December - we'd like to do this, but he doesn't like vanilla.
You can request just one type of ice cream if you like. They make it to order. Enjoy! :mickey:

MushuGrl
08-18-2008, 11:42 AM
AWESOME!!!! :thumbsup: THANK YOU!

Imagineer1981
08-19-2008, 12:48 PM
Actually Beaches N Cream is considered CS. I know because you can't use your CM discount on CS

CaptainJessicaSparrow
08-19-2008, 08:39 PM
Actually, you can use your CM discount on resort CS. I know because I've used it just about every resort, including B&C, Poly, Contemporary, Pop, CBR, SSR, OKW, and WL.

You can't use it on CS in the parks.