PDA

View Full Version : MNSSHP for Adults?

WDW&MK
08-10-2008, 05:22 PM
I'd love to hear what everyone thinks. Is MNSSHP worth it for 2 adults - no kids? Worth the time and the price? I just realized that there is a party the last night that we're at Disney and we are planning to be at MK all day that day anyway. So, I'd appreciate all of your thoughts.

Thanks!
Kari

faline
08-10-2008, 05:26 PM
By all means, go! It's great fun! And...make sure you dress up as well!

Where else can two adults go trick or treating without children and not be viewed as weird?! It's great fun! My husband and I went to two parties last year and plan to attend another this year!

Strmchsr
08-10-2008, 05:55 PM
:ditto: Whether you choose to dress up or not the MNSSHP is truly some of WDW's best "magic" at work and a lot of fun. It's not meant to be just for children, but "kids of all ages."

Pirate Granny
08-10-2008, 06:15 PM
I gone the last three years...two without any children and one last year with our DGD...I'll be going again this year...with someone who's never been...and we can't wait...yep...two adults...and I'm mulling over costumes that won't be too hot as we're going in late September and find it very humid and of course all three time we did get rain that evening...not much, but enought to thin out the crowds with little ones...the parade and fireworks are wonderful...our plans have always been not to go into the parks that day and have a lazy day...and hit the gates at MK at 4pm (they start letting party ticket holders in)...we normally start with a dinner at the Liberty Tree Tavern...which the characters dress up for Halloween also...
GO GO GO -- you won't regret the $$$ spent
:pirate:

chrisb26
08-10-2008, 06:26 PM
I say GO! We went last year and there were not any kids in our group we had a great time!

The fireworks and parade are amazing and the park probably have low crowds which makes getting on rides very easy. You also get lots of candy which is always great!

We would go again for sure!

TiggeRia
08-10-2008, 06:35 PM
My DBF and I went last year and we had an absolute blast. I dressed up and he just wore a Halloween shirt. We got so much candy and had no wait for any rides. The parade and fireworks were excellent. We're hoping to go again in 2009!

Mouse511
08-10-2008, 07:47 PM
I would say yes - go !!!

DH and I went last year and it was fun - we do not have kids and didn't feel out of place at all...we are going back in October and already bought our MNSSHP tickets for the 28th.

The fireworks are awesome and the parade is pretty cool - make sure you are there early enough to see the Headless Horseman run down the street - its pretty neat.

Another benefit is that during the first parade - the rides are really empty - last year we rode BTM 3 times in a row - then went over to Splash Mnt and rode that twice in a row....then we headed over to HM and walked right on....I could go on - but if you dont mind fast walking - you can pretty much ride all the headliner rides in no time !!

jenny1976
08-10-2008, 08:43 PM
Abso-frekin'-lutely!!!! DH and I went two years afo, and we HAVE NO children yet!!! Had a blast!!!
Parades are awesone, as are fireworks!!!
The dance parties with the characters are also a BLAST!!!
We got candy, rode attractions many times and just had all around fun!!!
If anything, and despite the crowds, at least try it once!!!!!!:thumbsup:

jenny1976
08-10-2008, 08:45 PM
Abso-freakin'-lutely!!!! DH and I went last year, and we HAVE NO children yet!!! Had a blast!!!
Parades are awesone, as are fireworks!!!
The dance parties with the characters are also a BLAST!!!
We got candy, got phot ops with characters that are not regularly at the parks, rode attractions many times and just had all around fun!!!
If anything, and despite the crowds, at least try it once!!!!!!:thumbsup:

pixiegoose
08-10-2008, 09:43 PM
DH and I (no kids yet!) went last September and had a blast. I dressed up as Tinkerbell (and had a little girl who wanted her picture taken with me- so cute!) and DH was a pirate. The parade is amazing and you get to meet the Villains, which doesn't usually happen during normal park time, plus lots of other characters in their Halloween costumes. We'd definitely like to go back again, just aren't sure when.

pcoleman
08-10-2008, 10:43 PM
You will not be the only ones. Myself and three adult friends are going in September. All new to this event and we are all dressing up. Can't wait.:mickey:

Sylvia
08-10-2008, 11:08 PM
Another vote - GO!!! Definitely!

I have attended the party several times solo and have had a great time. As was previously mentioned, where else can an adult trick or treat and not feel strange? On one trip, I went to the party early during my stay, I went to each trick or treat spot, and I had enough candy to last until the day I went home (2 weeks later).

The parade is outstanding, the fireworks are wonderful, and the costumes other guests are wearing are really creative - one year, there was a family dressed as Snow White, the 7 Dwarfs, AND the Wicked Witch. It's also fun seeing the characters in costume.

I love being in the Magic Kingdom late at night. The atmosphere is different, and the sights and sounds are spectacular. This is the reason I attended the party the first time years ago. Now, I attend because I also enjoy the special effects (when you see Main Street you'll understand), the special entertainment, etc., etc., etc., etc.

I also hang around Main Street when the party is winding down. I'd rather enjoy a treat from the bakery, or some ice cream, and relax inside the Magic Kingdom, than stand in line for 30-45 minutes (and sometimes longer) for a bus back to my resort - a great ending to a great evening. The morning after the party is always a late wake-up for me, especially since I usually don't get back to my room until 1-1:30 AM.

The party is definitely worth the price of admission.

Have fun.

trudisneygal
08-10-2008, 11:31 PM
DH and I are going next month for the first time, just the two of us (we don't have kids yet), and I can't wait! We're dressing up and everything! I have always heard very good things about this event, and I love Halloween, so of course this is a must do for us!

Kisobel
08-11-2008, 12:37 AM
yes, go for it. great parade, awesome fireworks. my husband and i did it last year and had a blast. we are doing it the last night of our trip this year. great fun.

kate

WDW&MK
08-11-2008, 07:19 AM
Thanks for all the replies! Seems like everyone has had a great time at the party. We will definitely have to do this. Anytime I take advice from fellow Intercotees I know I will be happy with the decision :thumbsup:

It will be the last night of our trip, so sounds like a great ending :mickey:

How do you get tickets? If I wait until we get down there, should there be tickets available? I am going early in Sept.
Thanks again everyone :number1:

Mickey91
08-11-2008, 08:31 AM
We actually planned a trip without the kids centered around the MNSSHP. We have a blast!:mickey:

Jeniflower
08-11-2008, 08:39 AM
the evil twin and I also booked later so we could go to MNSSHP. from what every one said here it sounds like a blast. :cloud9:

Disney Doll
08-11-2008, 12:49 PM
Another vote for going to the party. We're going to our first MNSSHP this year and I'm so excited. We loved the pirate & princess party so we're hoping the halloween party is just a good. I liked the special parade and fireworks, but most of all I liked the extra time in the parks without all the crowds. Since we didn't have kids in tow we could stay late. It wasn't crowded anyway, but as it got later we started feeling like we were the only people in the parks. It was very cool. We never waited in a line the entire night. I'd recommend getting your tickets ahead of time. I bought mine online through the Disney World website. There are limited tickets available so it is possible for them to sell out although I doubt that would happen with a September party. Also, you get a little bit of a discount for buying in advance. Have fun!!

Mouse511
08-11-2008, 08:41 PM
Thanks for all the replies! Seems like everyone has had a great time at the party. We will definitely have to do this. Anytime I take advice from fellow Intercotees I know I will be happy with the decision :thumbsup:

It will be the last night of our trip, so sounds like a great ending :mickey:

How do you get tickets? If I wait until we get down there, should there be tickets available? I am going early in Sept.
Thanks again everyone :number1:

You need to buy them from Disney - alot of nights sell out. Go to the WDW website and look for special events.....tickets will be available there....we already bought our tickets for Oct 28th.

Have fun !!!