PDA

View Full Version : HM CM - Do you know about this?

AmandaChan
08-10-2008, 12:24 PM
When the husband and I went to Disney in May for our honeymoon we wore the mickey and minnie bride and groom ears one night to Magic Kingdom. We rode the HM and one of the CM in front said something like 'my deepest sympathies' -- hehe.

Then during the ride we stopped in front of the bride (who is really freaking creepy anyways) and we were stopped in front of her for a good 2 minutes. I know this could be a coincidence but I was wondering if anyone knows whether or not CM do this to guests?

I don't want to ruin the magic but I must know!

*I accidentally posted this in the Nightlife section also.

TheRustyScupper
08-10-2008, 12:39 PM
1) Are you sure the CM wasn't LaMont Cranston.
2) LaMont knows everything.

disneylovinmom
08-10-2008, 12:55 PM
It was probably just a weird coincidence. It is such a fast loading ride that they probably had to stop it to help someone with a special need onto their Doombuggy. Just a guess, though.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
08-10-2008, 08:33 PM
It was a coincidence.

There are absolutely no cameras on the ride for CM's to see where you are at.

It's most likely they stopped to let a wheelchair guest board or unload.

WedWay Peoplemover
08-11-2008, 11:43 AM
Ah, what the heck... it's your honeymoon.. so live it up..

Let's all agree that it was MAGIC!!!

not a silly coincidence!!

Imagineer1981
08-11-2008, 05:12 PM
I agree, chalk it up to Disney Magic!!!!!

sophie peach
08-13-2008, 10:13 AM
ooooooooh! very strange!!!!:thedolls:

Imagineer1981
08-13-2008, 11:35 AM
It was a coincidence.

There are absolutely no cameras on the ride for CM's to see where you are at.

It's most likely they stopped to let a wheelchair guest board or unload.

I find it odd that there is no camera on HM...we had them at Space, and doesn't pirates have cameras?

Fantasmic
08-13-2008, 12:32 PM
The HM has pressure senstive pads around the ride to dectect if anyone gets out of a doombuggy

Wells
08-13-2008, 12:40 PM
1) Are you sure the CM wasn't LaMont Cranston.
2) LaMont knows everything.

Oh come on.... he doesn't know everything, only what evil lurks in the hearts of men......

KAT1811
08-13-2008, 04:27 PM
I would doubt that they would stop a constantly loading ride just to spook a couple. I would also chalk it up to an eerie coincidence. There are hundreds of people on the ride and waiting for the ride imagine the upset that would cause. Just the HM CM's dark humor. :hmghost:

Goes4FastPass
08-13-2008, 04:47 PM
Captain Jessica has it right.

Since the HM ride is a continuous chain of doom buggies if a handiapped rider needs a little extra time they can pause the whole thing including the conveyor that runs alongside the load/unload stretch.

A ready to use message from the Ghost Host tells you your journey will continue shortly. It's much better to do this then announcing something like they're waiting far a wheelchair - that would be embarassing. They don't need to say what's going on.

We once had a delay at the ballroom which suited me fine. I Always feel like there's too much detail to see while you go bu there.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
08-14-2008, 12:40 AM
I find it odd that there is no camera on HM...we had them at Space, and doesn't pirates have cameras?

Pirates doesn't have them, again, pressure pads if you walk on the floor. Or so they told me when I was in the tower. Trust me, I was looking to see if there were cameras. Ops is fun like that.

Like it was said, on either side of the track, there are pressure pads on HM so that if you get off, they'll know where you got off. But there are no cameras. Just ask Miss Ginger and Miss Laura, the two seasoned VIP tour guides.

SurferStitch
08-14-2008, 06:48 AM
Pirates doesn't have them, again, pressure pads if you walk on the floor. Or so they told me when I was in the tower. Trust me, I was looking to see if there were cameras. Ops is fun like that.

What floor?

It would be an Olympic leap from the boat to the nearest floor space.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
08-14-2008, 10:50 AM
Ask the teens who attend Grad Night and Night of Joy. They ALWAYS find a way out of the boats to try and explore the ride. It also depends on where you are at. Some points are closer than others. The second Jack scene, the treasure room, the prison area.

Plus....the water isn't that deep.

Imagineer1981
08-14-2008, 01:04 PM

Like it was said, on either side of the track, there are pressure pads on HM so that if you get off, they'll know where you got off. But there are no cameras. Just ask Miss Ginger and Miss Laura, the two seasoned VIP tour guides.

I knew about the pressure pads, but there is plenty that goes on in doom bugeys that I think CMs need to be able to stop...and grad nights are a good example..thanks for the info though

AmandaChan
08-14-2008, 06:32 PM
Wow, thanks for all the replies and debate! I'm actually not going to tell the husband about whether or not there are cameras because he still believes it was the Disney magic. heh.

Thanks

:hmghost:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
08-15-2008, 12:35 AM
I will say though....it is one freaky coincidence.

The CM's actually keep an eye out during the events. They will stand in corners and make sure things aren't going on.

Not that 7 minutes is much time for anything.