PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Dining Plans no CSR & less Epcot?

WDW&MK
08-10-2008, 11:00 AM
I was just looking at the dining plans brochures on MJ for the 2009 plan. I had been considering staying at CSR next year (staying at POR this year during free dining) and noticed CSR is not listed on the dining plans. Anyone know anything about this? Am I missing something? :confused:This is disappointing. I don't know if we'd choose CSR if we can't use the dining plan there. :(

Also noticed that Epcot has less restaurants listed both for CS and TS. :down:

I am kind of disappointed about that and am wondering why the changes? Although all the restaurants we frequent are listed, it's still nice at this point not to worry too much about what CS you are choosing because they are pretty much all on there, but next year at Epcot I may need to pay more attention to that.

scoot241
08-10-2008, 11:15 AM
Most of EPCOT's restaurants (especially WS) are run by 3rd parties, and those contracts aren't renewed until close to the end of the year. So they're not yet listed on the DDP brochure. Same goes for Downtown Disney. Not sure about CSR, but the food court might also be run by a 3rd party.

Speedy1998
08-10-2008, 11:37 AM
Most of EPCOT's restaurants (especially WS) are run by 3rd parties, and those contracts aren't renewed until close to the end of the year. So they're not yet listed on the DDP brochure. Same goes for Downtown Disney. Not sure about CSR, but the food court might also be run by a 3rd party.

This happended last year. For months people complained here at intercot that so many WS restaurants were no longer on the dining plan. Then at the 11th hour Disney and the 3rd parties renewed thier contracts and all the WS restaurants were back on the DDP.

WDW&MK
08-10-2008, 05:14 PM
Thanks for the info! Now that you say it, I think I do remember seeing posts about Epcot and the dining plan next year. Whew! I am glad that is probably the case.

I would still like to know if that is the case at CSR, or if it is not included.

Thanks!
Kari

big blue and hairy
08-10-2008, 05:36 PM
I would still like to know if that is the case at CSR, or if it is not included.

Thanks!
Kari
Most likely that is the case, also. I'm sure the food court is run by an outside company, and I've heard that the sit down restaurant is, as well. The last minute addition of those resaurants has happen in previous years, too.

:sulley:

KatMark
08-10-2008, 05:56 PM
Pepper Market and Maya Grill are not Disney restaurants--they are outside vendors who need to sign contracts. They are always late additions to the dining plan because of this. We stay at the CSR every year now and we always get the dining plan and PM and MG have always been on the plan.

threeh
08-10-2008, 09:01 PM
We went in Februaury last year. By the time we went just about all the EPCOT places were added to the dining plan. It is becasue they are a 3rd party. Don't worry!!:mickey:

WDW&MK
08-11-2008, 07:21 AM
Great!! Thanks for the reassurance. :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-11-2008, 01:33 PM
Last year there was only one DTD restaurant on the list until Dec....I really wanted to try Raglan Road so I was keeping an eye on it...I'm sure the WS restaurants will make the list again

BMan62
08-11-2008, 02:23 PM
Nothing on the 2009 Dining Plan is etched in stone until January 1, 2009, so don't worry too much about places not currently being listed.