PDA

View Full Version : ECVs and Park Tours/Cruises

TiggeRia
08-10-2008, 09:55 AM
We have booked our next trip to WDW in April to celebrate my dad's birthday. He will be in an ECV due to only having one lung. We are looking to do something new this year, and I am wondering if anyone has taken any of the theme park tours while in an ECV? Was it very cumbersome? He is able to transfer easily and walk for short distance. Which tour did you do or recommend. I believe that we would look into doing possibly the Keys to the Kingdom tour, if we are able.

My other question is in regards to a fireworks cruise. Is there a place to store the ECV when you board the boat?

Any information anyone has would be greatly appreciated...thanks! :mickey:

RockinRobin
08-10-2008, 11:33 AM
I did the Keys to the Kingdom tour 4 weeks after a knee replacement and it was great. You got to see everything and had no problems. You have lunch at the Harbour House, you eat on the 2nd floor but they have an elevator just for people not the ecv but it was a short walk from the front door. You leave your ecv outside near door. As for the other i'm sure there would be a place for your ecv. Have a great trip and don't worry you will have no problems.

DawsonAR
08-10-2008, 04:40 PM
We took my DD's wheelchair on the fireworks cruise, but I don't think an EVC would fit. There is a building there I expect you could store it in.

Marilyn Michetti
08-10-2008, 08:14 PM
We did Keys to the Kingdom about five years ago, and I had a problem in the elevator (not HH), but casting, (I think). It was a really small one, and I was on the CM's foot, and couldn't move. My DH was trying to lift it off her, but there just wasn't room. I felt awful !:blush:

TheDuckRocks
08-10-2008, 11:44 PM
We took the World Showcase Backstage Tour when they were still offering it. The CM on the tour reservation line was very helpful in finding a tour that was 100% ECV friendly for me. There are some tours that they cannot accommidate an ECV.

Eeyore Tattoo
08-20-2008, 11:53 AM
I also did Keys to the Kingdom in a ECV, No trouble at all. It is a great tour..:thumbsup:
Deb

TiggeRia
08-20-2008, 07:53 PM
Thanks, everyone, for your replies. I think the Keys to the Kingdom tour will be on our list of things to do in April! :mickey: