PDA

View Full Version : Drop off at the parks?

#1disneyfan
08-09-2008, 11:38 PM
We are going to be at AK next Friday and my parents are planning on coming up and checking in to their nearby timeshare.

My question is, can they drop off my nephew to us at AK? Do they have a drop off lane or must they pay to park? Otherwise we will have to figure something else out. He is only 2 so we need to be able to meet in a good location.

Thanks for the help! Only 2 more days 'till we leave for the world!

CaptainJessicaSparrow
08-10-2008, 01:48 AM
Yes, they can drop off. You'll have to meet them outside the park, to the left as you exit. It's near where the handicap parking is at, if I'm not mistaken.

Melanie
08-10-2008, 02:28 AM
Each park (or in case of the Magic Kingdom, it's the Ticket and Transportation Center) has a passenger drop-off area. :mickey:

Disney Lynn
08-10-2008, 09:15 AM
Do you have to pay the parking fee if you're only dropping someone off? (Since the parking plaza is before the drop-off areas?)

Thanks!

CaptainJessicaSparrow
08-10-2008, 09:27 AM
No, just let them know you are dropping off at the toll plaza and they will tell you which line to follow. Usually, the green one but they will tell you for sure.

Piglet822
08-10-2008, 10:20 AM
For AK the drop off area is in handicapped parking. Once your folks go thru the tollbooth they will need to stay in the far right lane. This will take them to the handicapped and bus parking area. There should be a CM by the stopsign just befor the handicapped lot - simply let him/her know what they're doing and there shouldn't be a problem.

TheRustyScupper
08-10-2008, 12:47 PM
1) When the granddaughters (12 & 9) come down, we drop them at WDW.
. . . it is nice to just let the grandkids go an have fun
. . . they bring down girlfriends and they go off by themselves for the day
. . . then, we meet them in the drop area at a pre-arranged time
2) Each park has its own drop area.
3) All are convenient - although DHS is in a strange spot.
4) There is no parking fee for drop-offs.
. . . drive to parking lot toll booth
. . . tell CM that you are "dropping off"
. . . they will direct you to follow a colored line
. . . another CM will show you where to drop off

NOTE: For MK, you do not follow a line. You go through the toll booth, and follow the signs to the Poly, drive into the lot where you see the taxis. Really easy.

#1disneyfan
08-10-2008, 09:21 PM
Thanks for all your help! This should work out great and allow for us not to have to leave the park.

Only 1 more day :party::thumbsup::mickey:!