PDA

View Full Version : Busses

michelLe x3
08-09-2008, 09:49 PM
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but on my last couple of trips i kept wondering why i thought that the busses you take to the parks are charter busses. I swear i remember a long time ago taking charter busses to the parks instead of those regular busses & also remember the bus drivers talking the whole time & joking around with the passengers. The last time i went they didn't talk @ all & just played the thing that tells you about the park your going to. Am I crazy or was it like this before LOL

CaptainDisney
08-09-2008, 10:09 PM
To the best of my knowledge, the WDW bus system has always used city buses. There have never been coach buses at WDW, but you might be thinking of off-property resorts. Plenty of off-property resorts charter buses from Mears and other companies.

As for the bus drivers, they certainly used to talk more. It's not that the drivers aren't friendly (some of the most "animated" cast members I know are bus drivers). The MIM (Magic in Motion) system seemed to be the nail in the coffin for this, as the bus spiels are now automated by GPS. The drivers are required to use this, and naturally, it cuts down on talk time. Plenty of the seasoned bus drivers are incredibly unhappy about MIM.

michelLe x3
08-09-2008, 10:23 PM
Yeah i was thinking it might of been off-site hotels too. But i liked it way more when they used to talk alot and tell stories and joke around with the passengers

Imagineer1981
08-09-2008, 10:38 PM
Disney does use coach buses for the cruise line and some special event buses

starflyer59
08-10-2008, 08:07 AM
When we were there in Dec for Christmas we rode in charter style busses twice when leaving the parks late at night.

They had tv screens and everything. They were not normal disney busses.

Piglet822
08-10-2008, 10:23 AM
I work for Mears and we do assist Disney with their park/resort transportation when they are busy. Normally around holiday times although we've been out there the past month or so on and off.
So it's quite possible you did ride on a charter bus and you're not cracking up at all :)

AmandaChan
08-10-2008, 12:27 PM
The last time we were at Disney the bus driver said that the buses have been there since the early 70's. And they're city buses.