PDA

View Full Version : Bistro de Paris VS. Chefs de France

TexasPrincessAurora
08-09-2008, 04:38 PM
Which would you choose if you had to make an ADR at just one and why?

Robbieligh
08-09-2008, 05:02 PM
I would pick the Bistro over Chefs de France only because I have not eaten there in years and I have eaten at Chefs de France many times.

SBETigg
08-09-2008, 05:19 PM
I chose Bistro because I would like to go there next, but they are really different experiences and I would consider my circumstances and what I wanted out of that meal.

Bistro is formal, elegant, quieter. Chefs is more casual, light, bright, brass-accented, and louder.

Bistro is heavy but decadent, traditional French. Chefs operates with the idea of lighter sauces, more emphasis on fresh ingredients.

Chefs is a good choice for couples and families. Bistro is the perfect choice for a couples only, romantic night out. (No kids menu at Bistro.)

Chefs is on the dining plan. Bistro is not.

Natazu
08-09-2008, 08:07 PM
Bistro is consistently wonderful, right-outside-the-villa dining. The true bistro philosophy of "do a few things and do them perfectly" really comes through. So bring your appetite and bring your Visa card cause at Bistro de Paris they don't make chicken nuggets and they don't take the Dining Plan.

Chefs de France is a pretty dining room housing an alert staff offering an expertly conceived menu with poor execution. They don't live up to the standards the trio of culinary experts set during conceptualization. At 1TS on the dining plan, I'm not saying it's a horrible value but there are better places to spend your hard-earned credits, let alone cash.

disneymom2000
08-09-2008, 09:51 PM
I chose Chef's because I don't like the heavier French food. It always makes me feel over full.

Disneycrazed
08-09-2008, 11:12 PM
Chefs De France becuz I prefer fancier, and most uneatten foods at home. Also at Chefs De France our waiter was fantastic, he was so polite when I mistaked my order. :blush:

Disneycrazed
08-09-2008, 11:16 PM
I just realized i'm signed in as my father, so the comment above ^^^ is actually frum Arielfan98. :oops:

JasonH
08-10-2008, 03:14 AM
I had to go with Bistro b/c their menu was closer to real french food than what Chefs has gotten to be over the years. I used to enjoy going to Chefs but several years ago when they started changing their menu, it just didn't impress me anymore like Bistro can.

big blue and hairy
08-10-2008, 02:42 PM
Judging from what DW and I ate while in France, I'd say Le Chef's de France is pretty authentic French food. Neither one of us much cared for Bistro. It was extremely over-priced and nothing blew us away.

:sulley:

disneyworld55925592
09-01-2008, 04:49 PM
Bistro, Chefs has a bunch of weird meat on there menus:sick:

big blue and hairy
09-01-2008, 05:08 PM
Bistro, Chefs has a bunch of weird meat on there menus:sick::confused:

Maybe I missed them, what weird meats?

:sulley:

pixiesmimi
09-01-2008, 06:28 PM
When we went last year, Bistro was on the dining plan but we couldn't get in because it was booked up. We enjoyed Chefs very much. I had been told that Bistro was too exclusive and very expensive. If it isn't on the dining plan any more, I won't be going because we always choose the dining plan.

TheRustyScupper
09-02-2008, 12:51 PM
When we went last year, Bistro was on the dining plan

1) Bistro has not been on the Dining Plan.
2) However, it is covered under Platinum Plan.

pixiesmimi
09-02-2008, 04:27 PM
Maybe I'm wrong but I'm almost certain that the CM on the phone told me that it was but was 2 TS. That's okay. We enjoyed Chefs anyway.

dlpmikki
09-02-2008, 05:37 PM
The food and service at Bistro are fantastic. The wine is heavily overpriced even for Disney. I voted for them despite that and the fact that I actually had a couple of good meals/service at Chefs last trip. I have had the worst service at chefs in the past!

TheRustyScupper
09-02-2008, 10:17 PM
Maybe I'm wrong but I'm almost certain that the CM on the phone told me that it was but was 2 TS.

1) The CM was in error.
2) In fact, it specifically says on screen to tell guest it is not on DDP.