PDA

View Full Version : Traveling During February?

DisneyLuver91
08-09-2008, 02:25 PM
My best friend and I want to go to Disney World for February vacation. Is this time period crowded? When is a better time to go?

Strmchsr
08-09-2008, 02:43 PM
Mid-February on (President's Day and after) can get pretty crowded as that starts the Spring Break season, but early February usually isn't bad at all.

ibrowse17
08-09-2008, 02:58 PM
We have been the last two Feb's during our Mardi Gras break, and it is on the crowded side. The thing you really need to watch is when Mardi Gras holidays and President's day week are. If they fall at the same time, it will be packed.

bshaw96
08-09-2008, 04:04 PM
We were there Feb. 8-15th this year. We did not feel it was crowded, but did not think it to be "light" either. There were still 45 + minute lines for rides. Just like the other times we've been in June, July 4th, and September. I've never really noticed a crowd difference at any time. But this being our first February trip, and when we'll travel from now on, what we did notice was the temps. Standing in line when it's in the 60's is far better than standing in line when it's in the upper 90's with 200% humidity!Go and have fun!!!

ElenitaB
08-09-2008, 04:39 PM
I see you're travelling from the Northeast. We went this past President's Week and had travel delays in both directions... one was overnight. February is certainly just about when we Northeasterners need a break from the winter. However, you have to watch out for Nor'easters! So do yourself a favor and when you book your trip, be sure you get travel insurance. I was very glad I did as I was reimbursed for over $300 of expenses we incurred in extra car service costs, having had to return home from one airport (Newark) and go to a different one the next day (LaGuardia). We also caught JetBlue's ONLY flight out of MCO to the NYC area coming home the day we travelled (a Friday). Had that flight been cancelled as well, we wouldn't have been able to leave until Monday (would have been sad, no? ;) ). Had that happened, our lodging and food for the extra days would have also been covered by the travel insurance.

thumperbug
08-09-2008, 04:59 PM
Ellen, we must have been on the same flight...lol. We were there in Feb and we were due to take a 10:30 pm flight home on the Friday that the one and only snow storm to hit New York last winter blew in.

Early in that day we had been told by the airline luggage check in folks at the hotel that all Jetblue flights to NY were cancelled. When we called Jetblue the lines were all tied up. Tried to get thru online and couldn't either.

So, after much chaos, we were only able to get a flight home monday (ah too bad right?) but the hotel was more then accomodating in letting us keep our room. Cancelled my car service, changed magic express...etc.

Went off to the park for the day (now thinking we were staying 2 1/2 more). When we got back to our room, we called Jetblue to find out about getting vouchers for our cancelled flight only to find out that ours was no cancelled and just delayed. Holy cow...so in a matter of 30 mins (no joke) we repacked, checked out of the hotel and got a DME bus to the airport.

The flight was delayed a little bit more but we still got home. It was quite and adventure.

But, I am moving off the topic, the week in Feb when the Northeast schools are off is not bad at all. In fact..,we are going again the same week this year.

Imagineer1981
08-09-2008, 10:43 PM
Last time I went in Feb was amazing...it was empty and I went towards the end of the month. Spring breaks don't start until late March and basically all of April

threeh
08-10-2008, 08:45 PM
Another north-easterner getting away in winter. We live about 45 miles south of Lake Erie. LOL!! We went the first week of Februaury and it was great. There were still waits for the popular rides, but we were usually able to get fast passes, etc. Most other things we walked right on. Great time of year IMO!!!:mickey: