PDA

View Full Version : Boma Review

JavaDuck
08-09-2008, 12:48 PM
My partner and I ate here on Monday August 4th. First, if you're not staying at the AK lodge, the trip to Boma just to see the lodge is worth it. The lodge is amazing. I love the wooden floors.

Food- 4 stars out of 5

All the food we had was amazing. The beef roast, the fufu, the peanut rice, the chicken curry soup, and of course the zebra domes. I will say that all the food definitely does have sweet undertones to it. We both liked the fufu and the roast. The potatoes with Afritude were a big hit with us as well. The zebra domes, well let's just say I ate 3 of them.

Service- 3 1/2 stars out of 5

Our server, think is name was Kevin, was pleasant and friendly. He really liked to encourage us and other tables in our area to eat up. After awhile this became a little annoying.

Ambiance- 4 stars out of 5

Again, the lodge and the restaurant are amazing. We had a nice two person table. Everyone we came in contact with were friendly. The hostess who sat us at our table was great.

Overall, we will return to Boma again. Not sure if it will be on our next trip, since there are many other places I want to try as well.

brewcrew26
08-09-2008, 12:51 PM
Boma is great! I also love the Afritude. I wish I could make it at home. It really is such a beautiful place with the thatched roof and overlooking the pool area.

So glad you had a great meal!

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-11-2008, 11:55 AM
Great, we've got this one in December

SBETigg
08-11-2008, 12:06 PM
We really enjoyed Boma. It's one of my daughter's new favorites.

jszczur5
08-11-2008, 05:35 PM
We will be eating here in just a few weeks for the very first time. Boma came highly recommended by a co-worker, and we are really looking forward to the experience. A big part of the fun of trying new restaurants, is the opportunity to visit resorts that we might not otherwise travel to. Last year, we were blown away by the WL when we went to Whispering Canyon. This year, we will be visiting AKL for Boma, and the Poly for 'Ohana's for the first time.
I gotta say, I love "Free" Dining!!

mouseketeer mom
08-11-2008, 06:07 PM
4 out of 5 of us really enjoyed Boma's..my DH was not that impressed. We are trying Jiko's for the first time this week and I'm excited about that!

faline
08-11-2008, 06:11 PM
Buffets are not my favorite way to dine. We have had decent meals at Boma's and, in fact, have a reservation for our next trip.

Animal Kingdom Lodge is a very attractive resort.

Thanks for your thoughts on this location!

"SULLEY "RULES!!
08-11-2008, 10:47 PM
My husband and I ate there last year and loved it!! This year we'll be eating there again in November.:thumbsup:

Next trip: November 24 thru December 5