PDA

View Full Version : Biergarten Review

JavaDuck
08-09-2008, 12:35 PM
We ate here on Sunday August 3. This was our least favorite restaurant out of the 6 we ate at during our week long trip.

Food- 3 stars out of 5

Both my partner and I did not really care for the food. The food was not bad, we just did not care for it. I did find enough to eat, and did enjoy trying some new things. The pork roast was tasty, but a little dry. I also liked the potatoes. We both enjoyed the Bavarian cheesecake.

Service- 4 stars out of 5

Regina our server was great. She kept our mugs filled and made sure plates were being removed when they needed to be.

Ambiance- 4 stars out of 5

The Biergarten looks great inside. It was not as noisy as I was expecting. The show was great. We really enjoyed it. The lead performer was funny and entertaining.

Overall, we will probably not return to the Biergarten. The main reason is the food is not to our taste. Also there are many other places we want to try on our next trip. I would say we were not disappointed. I would recommend people giving the Biergarten a chance. The party sitting next to us, had several people that had been there many times.

faline
08-09-2008, 12:39 PM
Very interesting. We only ate here once and that was many years ago so we thought we'd give it another chance. We weren't overly impressed the first time we tried it and haven't been back though we do have a reservation for our upcoming trip. We'll have to see how our experience compares to what you report!

KatMark
08-09-2008, 09:45 PM
Sorry to hear that you weren't fond of the food at Biergarten. It is one of our must-do's every other trip (and that is only so we can try other places).

readytogo2
08-10-2008, 05:44 PM
We all thought the food was very gross there and havent went there since i first trip in 2001

andmomlau
08-10-2008, 05:50 PM
Have to agree with you on the food here. We went there several years ago...I convinced my DH to try it since I am the one that the food there would appeal to....we BOTH really disliked it and haven't been back since. I have to agree with other posts, though, everyone's tastes are different and I am sure that there are others who loved it. There are too many others that we really love, though.

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-11-2008, 10:39 AM
We are trying it for the first time in December. I am mostly worried about my picky 14 year old.....

TINKERBELL_82
08-11-2008, 11:12 AM
Sorry you didn't like it- its one of our absolute favorite restaurants!

The thing to keep in mind is that while they have lots of meat and potato type dishes, the food is prepared to be as close to authentic German food as possible, and they do eat things a little differently over there.:mickey:

I do have a very biased opinion though, being that my family is German and I lived there for 5 years. :thumbsup:

Ksmith75
08-12-2008, 10:12 AM
I Agree, we ate there in April and were dissapointed. While it was not bad, it wasnt what I thought. We are used to going to Frankenmuth Michigan every year and really getting a German food feast....