PDA

View Full Version : Dining Plan Review

JavaDuck
08-09-2008, 12:26 PM
Hello!
My partner and I just returned from a week long trip to WDW. We both had been to WDW before, but since the last trip for both of us was over 10 years ago, we were considering this our 1st trip. We decided to do a vacation package.

We added the dining plan because we liked the idea of having all of our food prepaid for in advance. The idea of being able to pick almost anything off of the menu was another selling point for us as well.

Based on what we ordered compared what we paid for the plan, all of our lunches and snacks were free. The cost of the plan compared to the cost of our TS meals were almost identically. Did we save money? Yes we did.

Now, would we have ate as much as we did if we were not on the plan. Definitely not! We ended up with 10 snack credits on our second to last day. On our last day we had 8 snack credits. The hardest thing for us was remembering to eat lunch much earlier, so we would be ready to eat when it was time for dinner. At lunch, we felt the addition of a dessert was often just too much. Did we enjoy the desserts at lunch? Yes, we had some great ones. The school bread in Norway was very tasty.

Overall, we have decided we would do the dining plan again. Next time, we will be better prepared. Our plan is to eat lunch earlier and make our ADRs for a later time.

SBETigg
08-09-2008, 01:30 PM
I'm glad it worked well for you. Thanks for reporting in. I know what you mean about planning to space the meals better. We had some credits left on our last trip, too, but the dining plan was still a savings and so convenient.

Crow
08-09-2008, 03:41 PM
Ive had problems w adjusting my eating schedule also. too much food for me.
ive used the free DDP last yr & will next month.
gonna try to use a CS credit for pizza late night mayb.
& will use some credits on my 5th day, as I have 4 nights booked w free DDP but the credits are good until midnight the night you check out.
I used a snack credit to grab schoolbread at night for the next morning also

LisaP
08-10-2008, 06:57 PM
Remember that the snack credits can be used even at the concession stands throughout the parks, so we were often picking up packs of apple slices, etc during our days. Grabbing some fruit on the last day before heading to the airport proved to be a lifesaver as well as we sat on our delayed flight :(

jonahbear2006
08-10-2008, 07:24 PM
i love the dining plan! It is part of my excitement for going to disney this trip. I love the options and i love the thought of getting a free snack. I love snacks and we love to try new things, so it is a great time to really branch out for our family. I really enjoyed using our snack credits doing the make your own snacks in Goofy's candy Company and they were fantastic!!!

jszczur5
08-11-2008, 05:58 PM
I'm glad it worked well for you. Thanks for reporting in. I know what you mean about planning to space the meals better. We had some credits left on our last trip, too, but the dining plan was still a savings and so convenient.

We usually prefer a later dinner, but on the few occasions where we have to eat before 6:00 p.m., we just split 2 CS meals between the 4 of us to ensure that we don't over-stuff ourselves. Because we always do at least one 2-credit TS meal (HDDR), we appreciate saving some CS meal credits for that one night that we end up being short.