PDA

View Full Version : When do Christmas Dec Come Down

Gayle
08-09-2008, 12:13 PM
We need to change our land and sea from Nov to Jan due to cost. But we want our six year old niece who has Downs Syndrome and also first trip, to see the christmas decorations Thank you. :mickey:

CanadianWDWFan
08-09-2008, 01:54 PM
Last January we were at the World until the 7th and the decorations were still up.

Strmchsr
08-09-2008, 02:02 PM
The Osborne Lights are supposed to stop January 4 this year, so it seems many of the decorations will be coming down pretty quickly after New Year's Day, but if you're there the first week of January you should still see some decorations.

TheRustyScupper
08-09-2008, 07:01 PM
1) Most tear-down activities begin the weekend after New Year's.
. . . the lights are usually off
. . . decorations begin to come down quickly
. . . they have had lots of practice going up and coming down
3) By the end of the second week, almost everything is gone.

Melanie
08-09-2008, 09:07 PM
We were actually shocked a few years ago when decorations were still up around mid January, particularly at Epcot and Animal Kingdom.

wendy*darling
08-09-2008, 09:40 PM
We arrive at WDW on Sunday, Jan 4. after our first trip on the Wonder.
I know we will get to see the Osborne Lights, but I will take it as a bonus if there is anything left up after 1/4/09.
I have my fingers crossed that we can see the Castle in all its splendor, but I suspect it may not be possible.

michelLe x3
08-09-2008, 09:52 PM
I went last year from Jan 2nd to the 6th and the decorations were up the whole time we were there. But i don't know why when we went to see the osbourne lights half of the lights were turned off?

Imagineer1981
08-09-2008, 10:40 PM
The decorations were up last time I was there until Jan 15th.

Strmchsr
08-10-2008, 08:58 AM
The decorations were up last time I was there until Jan 15th.

Lots of things are different this year. Osborne Lights are ending much earlier, etc, so I wouldn't expect decorations to be up that late again, especially with what TheRustyScupper said (and he should know).

arsenal3
08-10-2008, 05:26 PM
When do the dec's, go up??

Also why are there so mnay changes?

Strmchsr
08-10-2008, 05:58 PM
When do the dec's, go up??

Also why are there so mnay changes?

:welcome: to Intercot!

Check the holiday section in Info Central for full details, but the decorations start going up during the first week of November are usually fully up by the weekend after Thanksgiving when all of the stuff begins in Epcot and DHS. Of course, MK is usually decorated pretty quickly in November due to MVMCP starting early.

As for why the chance, to save money would be my guess.Or maybe they want to make the Osborne Lights more "special." I really don't know.They just announced th dates, not why the change. However, the 2008 dates aren't really unusual. The match pretty closely the way things used to be with the lights and decorations. It's only been the last 2-3 years that things have started so early.

Gayle
08-11-2008, 02:52 PM
Thanks everyone will probably book sec week of Jan and hope some of the decorations are left. :mickey: