PDA

View Full Version : How much is too much?

Hull-onian
08-09-2008, 10:53 AM
We did a nine day trip for WDW. We spent a total of $67.00 per day per person. We were a group of four. Alot of the trip was already pre paid. Our airline tickets, hotel, HDDR, park tickets all paid. Was $67.00 per day per person too much money or not?:confused:

dnickels
08-10-2008, 11:32 AM
'Too much' really depends on the family. If you're talking about $2412 (9 x 4 x 67) for a family of four to travel and vacation for 9 days that sounds pretty good! If it was $2412 of extra expenses then whoa!!

I think ultimately what is 'too much' comes down to whether you can afford it or not and since you prepaid most of yours it sounds like you could! :thumbsup:

I don't think it'd be hard to drop $4,000 a week at Disney but for some people that's affordable.

disneyfan328
08-11-2008, 04:39 PM
I would have the agree with PP - is this 67.00 total on what you spent on the trip including the trip itself, tickets, airfare, ect or how much was the trip and airfare tickets ect with the 67.00 a day that you spent. I think that 2400 for 4 people on a nine day vacation is a lot of spending money, but if this includes food and stuff ect I guess its not that much.

also were all 4 people adults? I don't know I guess its hard to say. 2412 does seem like a lot of its just food and souevenirs.

Marilyn Michetti
08-11-2008, 04:45 PM
That sounds like a reasonable amount if you're talking about food and what else?:thumbsup: Actually, it's REALLY great.

BTW, what is HDDR?:confused:

Beast_fanatic
08-11-2008, 04:56 PM
BTW, what is HDDR?:confused:

Hoop-Dee-Doo Review

mouseketeer mom
08-12-2008, 08:42 AM
Too much? No, not at all. I am always surprised at how quickly anything and everything adds up while in WDW.

SurferStitch
08-12-2008, 12:56 PM
My DH would do cartwheels if I only spent $67 a day.

Including food and shopping, we spend waaaaaay more than that! Dinner alone costs about $150 for the two of us once you pay the tip, sometimes much more (V&A, Cali Grill, Narc's, etc.).

TennesseeTink
08-12-2008, 05:09 PM
We usually figure $50/day per person just for food and shopping. That's one counter service and one table service plus extras. Somedays we're under, somedays over, but it usually balances out to that amount. Lodging and tickets are a whole different ballgame. As stated by other posters, if your amount included hotel, tickets, and airlines then you, my friend, are an awesome planner, and my husband would love to know your strategy.:thumbsup:

crazypoohbear
08-12-2008, 08:44 PM
Was the 67.00 just for meals?
Then I think that is alot of money.
When we pay oop I try to eat mostly at counter service (roughly 10.00 per person, per meal)
And we don't eat breakfast out, usually stuff we bring from home (cereal, pop tarts, muffins, bananas etc)
We also order cases of water, soda, beer, wine for delivery.
To get away from counter service we might eat sit down a couple of days.

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-12-2008, 08:48 PM
It all depends...could you afford spending the money? How often do you go? We go only once every three years and I save enough money to have $100 a day to spend if I want...and that's after having dining plan so meals are already paid for....but I don't spend my bill money there....

Magic Smiles
08-12-2008, 11:21 PM
I think that is cheap. I normally budget approx $1500 per week for the 3 of us for food and shopping. We eat mainly CS meals, so if you do the math you can imagine the shopping. :D

Mousemates
08-13-2008, 10:28 AM
$67 per person per day would seem to be on the expensive side for my family of four...(268 a day for food and souvenirs...it appeared everything else was paid for already...would be on the pricey side to me). But expensive is a relative thing....when I was in college/seminary a trip to McDonalds was a luxury...now its something less (and much less enjoyed).