PDA

View Full Version : MK lots more crowded on MNSSHP days??

disneykid99
08-09-2008, 08:41 AM
I am wondering if the MK gets more crowded on the days there is MNSSHP going on. Does anyone know? We were planning on spending a good portion of the day on two of the upcoming MSNSSHP days in September but now I am wondering if it will start to get super crowded at 4:00 once people will a hard ticket are aloud in. :confused: Any thoughts?
Thank you for the help!!

WDWFanatic
08-09-2008, 09:56 AM
We went in early October a couple of years ago and found it to be very crowded on MNSSHP days. If you are staying for the party you may not mind it as much, but if you are not I would pick a different park for the day.

We also couldn't believe how crowded the event was, much more than a normal day.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
08-09-2008, 12:55 PM
Really? I've found it to be quite the opposite, especially after the parade.

A lot of people leave, knowing the park is closing and hop to a different park. You can use the time from 4-7pm to ride a lot of the rides with little wait. I was able to get on Thunder and Splash within 25 minutes total.

In Sept, the parks are usually slower, since a lot of people prefer October for MNSSHP. Unless you are going the week of Halloween, it won't be as crowded.

CaptSmee
08-09-2008, 10:59 PM
We too have found the opposite. The park was virtually empty, increasing in capacity as we went through the evening. Lines were longer during the party than during the 2 days we spent all day in MK.

aurora, ariel, and bell
08-10-2008, 07:36 AM
We are going Sept 5, which is a Friday and the first party. Will the crowds be heavier then or lighter because it is so far away from Halloween?
Never been before and very excited!:party:

mrs.jacksparrow
08-10-2008, 09:18 AM
Mee Too....I'm going on the 5th..is opening night busy???

Last year in OCtober it wasn not crowded and I agree with other posters that it thins out. But I'm curious if opening night brings more fans!!!!

It is best to be at the back of the park during the 4-7 hours everything was empty amazing! We got on the indy car ride over and over again!:thumbsup:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
08-10-2008, 09:28 AM
The crowds will be pretty light, both park-wise and party-wise.

Honestly, during the parties, I've not seen it that crowded and I went several times last year.

As it gets closer to Halloween, the parties get more crowded. The earlier ones aren't as bad.

disneykid99
08-11-2008, 07:15 AM
Thank you all. I am so happy to hear this good news. I am hopeful it will be uncrowned as most of you have experience in the past. :mickey: 32 days and counting :mickey:

Mickey91
08-11-2008, 08:37 AM
We'll be there on the 5th too! We went last year on the first night and really didn't notice it being crowded. But, there was this issue with a tropical storm! It poured down rain the entire night! It was so bad that we received a notice that our party tickets would be good for up to one year as a one day MK pass. So, we came back at Christmas and spent a day at MK and then bought MVMCP tickets and had a mini vacation right before Christmas!:mickey: