PDA

View Full Version : Asics shoes

jrkcr
08-09-2008, 12:07 AM
I bought the Asics nimbus 9 today. I bought New Balance In December for our last DL trip, and had worn them a few hours around home....got to DL and wore them about 2 days. I had terribly sore feet! So I had to spend the rest of the week in my heavy, clunky Doc Marteens. I have never had any foot/shoe problems before, so I was surprised! And I have had NB shoes for years. So I'm not sure if it was the style, or what. :confused:

So now I will be wearing these Asics around the house for a few days, then if they still feel ok I will do my evening walks in them. Hopefully in 2 weeks they will feel as great as other people say!! My DL trip is August 25-30, so after that I will decide on my opinion, and write an update!

I am on the couch to 5k program, only I am dragging it out more.... ok, a lot more. :blush:
:walk:

Scar
08-09-2008, 06:30 AM
I bought New Balance In December for our last DL trip, and had worn them a few hours around home....got to DL and wore them about 2 days. I had terribly sore feet!I have worn only NB for the last 15 or so years and have never had a problem. I think maybe "a few hours" just wasn't enough time to break them in.

Good luck with the 5k.

mrsgaribaldi
08-12-2008, 03:49 AM
I used to wear Nike only. Then I got some Asics and they were great. In fact, after reading this earlier I bought some Asics Gel Nimbus 10. I think you will find them to be very comfortable. My legs always feel great in Disney:mickey:

Damon18
08-12-2008, 09:46 AM
I am on my second pair of the Nimbus 9. I love them! I don't think you will be disapointed. I ran the Disney marathon in them last year and wore them around the parks for the rest of the week and my feet felt great. As long as you break them in a bit before you go you will be fine.

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-12-2008, 10:03 AM
I just went shoe shopping for my Dec. Disney trip this weekend, so I can have them broken in enough....I wanted to buy Spiras but didn't want to pay $150, I looked at New Balance and tried them on (leather) and they didn't feel just right and were priced a little high $120, the salesperson brought a stack of walking shoes in my size and said I should try them on until one felt good and I ended up getting Easy Spirits ($75)...this is the shoe my mom wore to Disney last trip and was the only person not complaining of sore feet....

disneymom15
08-12-2008, 10:03 AM
I've been a runner for many years and never had a problem with my feet. For the last year my left foot has been terrible. I've had a blister on the inside ball on the bottom of my foot. It was bigger than a quarter. I tried NB and hated them. I've had Asics in the past and was going to try them again until I went to the Running Store and they annalized my running,discovered a problem and suggested a specific shoe(nike), blister is now gone and running is back to normal.

jrkcr
08-12-2008, 01:17 PM
Oh-these Asics nimbus 9 feel GOOD!!

I have always loved NB, and wore them for years. Maybe it was just this last pair that the style was made different. Cause even after trying for months, those shoes still feel bad after a few hours. I wear them for a few hours, and what a relief to get home and take them off. :confused:
So I really think it is just that one style.

Fashion note:
My asics are different shades of blue, and I was bummed cause I really liked the PINK ones, but they didn't fit as well.

12 days till walking at DL!! :walk:

MScholl13
08-12-2008, 05:25 PM
Asics Gel Nimbus are the only shoes I wear for running. They are amazing!

jrkcr
09-13-2008, 01:42 PM
My feet were SO much more happier this trip than last!!
I got a blister on my arch one day-probably from walking in wet shoes after Splash Mtn. But just one day with a large band-aid on it, and then it was fine again. Next trip, I'll carry a pair of dry socks in my bag and change when my feet get soaked.
I wore my mary jane pink crocs one night for a few hours(dinner at blue bayou). Other than that I lived all week in my Asics and I give them :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I took my footbath and soaked a few nights in ice water with lavendar flavored epsom salts too...it hurts to do it, but it really takes all the swelling and bruising away. I learned this trick from ballroom dancing!

Donald A
09-13-2008, 05:29 PM
As a podiatrist, I recommend ASICS or a high number New Balance running shoe. However, ASICS come in many different styles and I really think you need to evaluate whether you have a high arch or low arch before you purchase an ASICS shoe to be sure it is appropriate for your foot type. If you have a super high arch and buy a shoe made for a low arch foot you may not be comfortable. This is why a speciality running store is probably best to help you make that determination.

jrkcr
09-17-2008, 12:04 PM
Good advice! Thanks!! I've never thought to ask for someone to help fit my arch.
With my giant, flat, floppy feet, (similar to a rabbit) I could use some help finding the right shoe. I think I just got lucky picking these shoes out on my own.