PDA

View Full Version : Hilton Head Question

shepherdgirl
08-08-2008, 09:44 PM
We have the possibility of staying at Hilton Head in late September. We've never been there before and were wondering what there is to do at the VC and on HH. Can anyone tell me about HH?

Thanks.

Simba's Mom
08-11-2008, 06:43 PM
We've been to HHI several times and love it. We always go in the off-season, and we don't swim, so I can't tell you much about the beach or the pool (but I do remember them saying that the pool is heated). The resort has a full list of activities, community hall, bike rentals (great-lots of bike paths), free wireless internet, great resturants, several miniature golf places nearby, LOTS of great golf courses, Signe's Bakery (you must do that), a forest preserve, and I forget what else. Right at the resort there are DVD rentals and a pool table.

Aurora
08-13-2008, 07:31 PM
The bike rentals are a must -- you can ride down to the beach, where Disney's HH resort has a private entrance. Once you get there you can ride your bike right on the beach!! (The sand is packed that hard.) It's really nice.

You can also drive to the beach and park in the Disney lot.

There is tons to do on Hilton Head itself. Ask at the desk for suggestions. One thing we didn't get to do was take a boat ride to Darfuskie Island for shelling. We did find some gorgeous conchs on the regular beach, but apparently the Island is great for shells.

There's also a quaint, touristy shopping area called Harbour Town where you can walk up the lighthouse for a nice view of Hilton Head.

pox24
08-14-2008, 09:56 AM
Spent three days there last summer. Golfing, eating, shopping...:thumbsup:

Priority Four
08-14-2008, 10:58 AM
We love the nature tours that are offered by the resort. There is a beach walk, marsh walk, and a tour of a nearby nature preserve. They always have some other activities that my kids loved. There was a contest to build a contaption to drop an egg off the balcony without breaking it. There was a shark talk where the kids made shark tooth necklaces and even an analysis of owl poop. There are some great Kayak tours offered by Outside Hilton Head, Sailboat cruises, fishing, and of course more golf than almost anywhere. There's Harbor Town. You can also drive a reativley short distance to visit some great historical sites

Lynn J Mc
08-14-2008, 11:38 AM
There is also an outlet mall nearby if you are in to shopping. Recommend Hudson's for seafood. Have a great time.