PDA

View Full Version : Rooms at Shades of Green

tcmorano
08-08-2008, 07:33 PM
We will be staying at Shades of Green in October. Does anyone have any suggestions on where the best rooms are? We will be travelling with our 2 year old and need something that's not too far a walk from the pools, restaurants, buses etc. Thanks!

BronxTigger
08-08-2008, 07:57 PM
We stayed in room 312. It wasn't too far from anything; it was in the older section of the resort.

I have a photo of the map of that section of the resort (from the wall in the hotel). If I find it I'll add it to my "album" for SOG on my "homepage".

Edit: Okay I found it (http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2106018040100449647vsRbmJ)and uploaded it to my SOG album. I put a caption on it.

mudpuppysmom
08-09-2008, 10:48 AM
Yep, stay in the older section......if you stay in the newer section you'll be on a dayhike to get to the pool with a 2 yr old!! Also, for $10 more you can actually stay poolside....which we did once, but it can get a little loud at night -- IF there are a bunch of kids out there!! Normally it is pretty quiet there though.

wdwfansince75
08-09-2008, 12:19 PM
We have stayed in the new wing on our last few trips. Just seems brighter, and more open, than old wings. I think the rooms are about the same size. New Wing is very convenient to lobby, Garden Grill, and to buses or walkway to Poly....further from pools and Evergreens. It is also convenient to parking garage....we learned to use car for AK and DHS....or even EPCOT.

We prefer the rooms facing the golf course....and first floor. DW loves visits from turkeys!