PDA

View Full Version : Whispering Canyon Cafe Review

JavaDuck
08-08-2008, 05:43 PM
We ate at the WCC on Friday August 1. My cell phone battery died early in the day and I could not remember what time our ADR was for. I thought it was for 6:05, so we arrived at 5:50. The ADR was for 6:40. The staff was great though, they told us (we were just a party of 2) that they would try and get us seated as soon as they could but they may be a wait. Within a minute of walking away from the podium, they had a table for us.

We ended up being seated in the smaller area next to the main dining area. As a result we missed out on some of the fun that I read about.

Food- 3 1/2 stars out of 5

I had the prime rib and my partner had ribs. He said the ribs were not as good as the ones we had at the HOB the night before, but they were still tasty. I had the prime rib (an end cut). The prime rib was good. I wish I had asked for it medium rare instead of medium. The meat was too done for me. The shakes we had were very tasty. We wish we had room for a second one, but we had a late lunch.

Service- 4 stars out of 5

Goldie was our server. She was great, friendly, and very helpful. We did get to experience some of the "hoopla" this restaurant is known for, but not as much as expected since we were in the smaller side room.

Ambiance- 3 1/2 stars out of 5

We gave it 3 1/2 stars because it just felt like any other restaurant. The restaurant and lodge overall looks amazing.

We will visit again, probably not next trip because we want to visit other restaurants.

SgtTigger
08-08-2008, 06:40 PM
I am glad you did enjoy it....

The ribs are not the best thing but the skillet is very good......

The small room would be a drag I have not been in there.....

As far as the lodge....... I love it but I do like to try other restaurants too......

Thanks for the report......

:cop: :tigger:

princessjojo
08-08-2008, 06:50 PM
We loved it, but we didn't go in there expecting gourmet food either. We did expect really good food, and that's what we got. After all, we were with 5 kids. That said, they were very well entertained by our waitress, "Lazy" Suzan. She was wonderful. Would we go there as a family again, sure we would. But if it were just DH & myself, maybe not, as we may look for something a little more adult for dinner.

Glad you had a positive experience though.

E-OR
08-09-2008, 12:52 PM
Our family will be in WDW in September and have ADR's for wispering Canyon. We are looking forward to eating there and are glad to see your review. I see you are from Auburn. We live in in Washington too. As far south as you can get - on the Columbia river. By your name I wondered if you are a coffee drinker? If so...did you find any good coffee while in WDW?

JavaDuck
08-09-2008, 10:45 PM
I am a coffee drinker. I made coffee in our room one morning, other than that I went cold turkey for the week. I was not interested in the Nescafe. I did see a few espresso stands when I was in Epcot though.

I've seen many posts about people bringing their own coffee. It was strange not seeing a Starbucks for a week.

KatMark
08-09-2008, 11:10 PM
Thanks for the review. We are going for the first time in September and can't wait to try it.

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-11-2008, 11:46 AM
Thanks for the review. We had considered this one, but decided on Raglan Road instead.