PDA

View Full Version : Disney Rewards Card Question

goofyluva9293
08-08-2008, 04:34 PM
I need some help! We have a Disney Rewards Visa and it has reward points on it. I want to get a card with the points on it so that we can use them on our upcoming WDW trip and the website says that they have an expiration date. Can anyone tell me how long of an expiration date it is? I don't want to get the card and find out that our points will expire before our trip even gets here. Also, does anyone know if you can use your points toward the payment of a Disney Travel Company package? Any info I can get will be very helpful!! :mickey:

thumperbug
08-08-2008, 05:58 PM
To get a rewards card activated you need to call Disney Visa. The expiration dates vary. I had one that the expiration was 18 months after I activated it. Mine expires at the end of this year but I used it up. For now I am keeping my rewards points in my account until it gets closer to my next trip and then I will get a new card. Don't worry, the expirations are not short term.

disneymom15
08-08-2008, 06:01 PM
My understanding is the card expires Dec 31 of the next year. So if you got it now, it would exp 12-31-09. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I also think you should be able to use the points on Disney travel.

Beast_fanatic
08-08-2008, 10:58 PM
My understanding is the card expires Dec 31 of the next year. So if you got it now, it would exp 12-31-09. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I also think you should be able to use the points on Disney travel.

You are correct on both points.

brownie
08-11-2008, 09:37 AM
The card will expire Dec. 31 of the following year. You can order it by phone or through the Chase website (you need to register your credit card for online access to your account.) I would order your card 1.5 months before your trip to make sure you get it in time for your trip.

ChipDale2708
08-11-2008, 10:51 AM
Here's another question, my Mom and I both have current reward cards that we got in April of '07. The cards have expiration dates of December '08. We are going this October. Can we just call or go on-line and have our current point balances electronically transferred to these cards? I also thought I read somewhere there is a Disney Visa kiosk in DTD and you could load cards there as well.

Marilyn Michetti
08-11-2008, 11:43 AM
A phone call or an electronic transfer will update you instantly, as long as you have the actual rewards card.

I'm not transfering mine until November, just in case.:cool:

Beast_fanatic
08-11-2008, 11:55 AM
Here's another question, my Mom and I both have current reward cards that we got in April of '07. The cards have expiration dates of December '08. We are going this October. Can we just call or go on-line and have our current point balances electronically transferred to these cards? I also thought I read somewhere there is a Disney Visa kiosk in DTD and you could load cards there as well.

Yes, you can still use that card, but keep in mind that any points remaining on the card at expiration will be lost (so be sure to use them all).

And, it's Guest Relations in Downtown Disney where you can get a reward card if you don't do it in advance.

luvdiznee
08-11-2008, 12:26 PM
I would order your card 1.5 months before your trip to make sure you get it in time for your trip.

I didn't think it took that long. :confused:

goofyluva9293
08-12-2008, 10:59 AM
Thanks everyone for your help!! :mickey:

Spindrift
08-12-2008, 02:21 PM
The card will expire Dec. 31 of the following year. You can order it by phone or through the Chase website (you need to register your credit card for online access to your account.) I would order your card 1.5 months before your trip to make sure you get it in time for your trip.

It doesn't take that long anymore. I just ordered my and it came with 10 days. They will let you know what the shipping date is and you can pay to have it shipped faster.

luvdiznee
08-12-2008, 06:55 PM
I found out it takes about 2 weeks and you can also pick it up at WDW. :mickey: