PDA

View Full Version : Navigating Theme Park Parking Lots

Momto3littlemice
08-08-2008, 02:21 PM
Hi,

We are planning our April trip and this is the first time we will be driving (recently moved to be close enough!) and are staying offsite. We did not book a package through AAA so we won't have their parking pass.

We are early birds so I am not worried about parking in the morning. But we are intending to park hop here and there. Assuming we take a break in the middle of the day at our offsite house, I am worried about driving back to a park in the afternoon/evening. What will the parking situation be like? We are going end of April, not particularly crowded, but of course not empty either!

Thanks!:mickey:

Cheloconnell
08-08-2008, 02:25 PM
We went this past April and coming in later day we always wound up in the back of the lot. AAA parking won't help you if it is full or they are crowded. Twice they said it was going to be too busy and would not take the AAA for better parking. Of course we went during New England spring break week and was probably more crowded than when you will be going. There are also people who sell the AAA parking pass on EBAY so you can also keep an eye out for that and you may get lucky. Good luck :mickey:

Imagineer1981
08-08-2008, 06:35 PM
End of April is usually crowded. Luckily towards the afternoon/end of day you can usually get a closer spot because people have left from the morning and opened closer spots. I know Epcot usually doesnt even have CMs directing traffic in the afternoon, you can drive almost all the way up

Meteora
08-09-2008, 06:07 PM
In my experience, parking is never a problem, and we go during the busiest time of year--Christmas week. The worst that can happen is that you get a more "scenic" ride on the tram, and usually by mid-day they'll direct you to emptier sections of closer lots.

Parking is definitely not something to lose any sleep over.