PDA

View Full Version : Breakfast at Chef Mickey's or Cape May Cafe?

Momto3littlemice
08-08-2008, 12:27 PM
Hello!

We are planning our April trip and are trying to decide on a brunch place. We have done Chef Mickey's in the past and enjoy it but I was thinking about trying Cape May Cafe character breakfast instead this year. We definitely want to do a character breakfast that has Mickeyish characters so I narrowed it down to these two. What do you think? Has anyone done both and can compare both atmosphere and food?

Thanks! :mickey:

MickeyMousse
08-08-2008, 02:02 PM
We've been to both. I found that the Cape May one is smaller thus less chaotic so it's my choice between the two. :thumbsup:

ElenitaB
08-08-2008, 02:29 PM
:ditto:

The only downside to Cape May is that Mickey isn't there. But if you're going to see him elsewhere, it would definitely be my choice!

Shugoondola
08-08-2008, 03:30 PM
I've been to breakfast at both and enjoy both a lot so it depends on what you're looking for. Chef Mickey's is pretty rowdy :party:, while Cape May is much calmer. Also, as mentioned above, Mickey is only at Chef Mickey's. Food is about the same at both.

Personally, I like Chef Mickey's more. I like the party atmosphere and watching the monorail. Really makes me feel like I'm at Disney World.

:mickey:

eeyorelover63
08-08-2008, 04:13 PM
i've been to both but not for breakfast. i personally like chef mickey's because ALL the
characters(mickey, minnie, pluto,etc.) and also because the atmoshpere! :goofy:

xipetotec
08-08-2008, 04:24 PM
Hello!

We are planning our April trip and are trying to decide on a brunch place. We have done Chef Mickey's in the past and enjoy it but I was thinking about trying Cape May Cafe character breakfast instead this year. We definitely want to do a character breakfast that has Mickeyish characters so I narrowed it down to these two. What do you think? Has anyone done both and can compare both atmosphere and food?

Thanks! :mickey:

We really enjoyed both. so here's my take.

Cape May cafe, a bit quieter. Chip and Dale are the feature. Good food.

Chef Mickey, "Mickey and the Gang" are there, more "party" atmosphere ( hence also louder ). but fun.

BethieTink
08-10-2008, 03:04 PM
I would vote for Cape May. Good food and way better character interaction than Chef Mickey's. The last 2 times I have been to Chef Mickey's I have come away slightly disappointed. I have decided to give it a rest for a few trips. If you decide on Cape May, plan an EPCOT day that day, you are only a 5 minute walk out of the World Showcase.

big blue and hairy
08-10-2008, 03:29 PM
I would vote for Cape May for one simple reason. You haven't done it yet! They are both fun with good food. I'd try a new experience.

:sulley:

Maleficent's Dad
08-10-2008, 03:36 PM
:jaw:

I am shocked...
I read the title of this thread and thought for certain that the vast majority of votes would be for Chef Mickey's. That place gets rave reviews around these parts. ;)

I've been pleasantly surprised to find that I'm not the only one who feels Cape May is a much better place for breakfast. :high5:

Cape May is much quieter - MUCH!!! You do not get Mickey, but you do get, IMO, better quality character time. We've had Goofy for quite a spell - he was writing notes back and forth to my kids on the paper table cloths. Loads of fun!

Chef Mickey's on the other hand... Disco music, Mickey & Minnie running at full speed, napkins twirling overhead... it's a bit much at breakfast!!! :crazy:

Neither is a bad experience; but we avoid Chef Mickey's these days like the plague. It's sort of like my neighbor once said: "Breakfast on speed!"