PDA

View Full Version : Snacks/appliances in hotel room

Momof5
08-08-2008, 12:01 PM
My family and I have 2 adjoining rooms at All Star Sports in a couple of weeks (we leave in 17 days to be exact). We'll have a refrigerator in at least one of the rooms because of a dd who has arthritis meds that need to be kept refrigerated.

Since we're driving down, I thought I might bring a cooler with some milk, bagels, peanut butter, etc. and also bring a couple of boxes of cereal and possibly a small toaster. This will make our mornings go a little smoother as we'll have some food in the rooms that the littles can eat while the slow moving teenagers get ready.

Is there a rule against bringing such things?

Thanks for your help.

Faver
08-08-2008, 12:06 PM
You'll see from the responses you get..... that's mild in comparison to what some people bring.... You're just fine

And Welcome to Intercot!!!!!!!!!!

medic9016
08-08-2008, 12:54 PM
You should call Disney about the toaster. I believe toasters, microwaves, and heat plates are not allowed by the fire codes.

disneygeek84
08-08-2008, 04:34 PM
I'm not sure about the toaster, but we brought a coffee maker once (since the Value's don't have them in the room) and boiled water to make oatmeal with in the mornings. I would call Disney about the toaster, like the PP mentioned, and if they don't allow it this could be another option for a good hot breakfast instead of bagels.

Disney Lynn
08-09-2008, 08:35 AM
I don't know about a toaster (never tried), but we always bring or buy a coffeemaker when staying at the Values. I suggest that you also bring a heavy duty extension cord for the appliances. It doesn't have to be long, just enough to help reach the outlet by the little table. One of our coffeemakers had such a short cord that we ended up brewing coffee on the floor.

Don't forget bowls, flatwear, coffee mugs, napkins, small cutting board and sharp knife, etc. Eating breakfast in the room is so much easier than getting everyone ready for the trip to the foodcourt!

eandrsmom
08-09-2008, 09:54 AM
In addition to bowls for cereal, I'd also suggest bringing some paper towels. If you aren't buying disposable paper/plastic utensils and bowls, bring some dish soap for cleaning them in the sink.

WDWFanatic
08-09-2008, 09:59 AM
If you can't bring a toaster you can go to the food court. Yes, a pain, but still an option.

When we went I would go and get our breakfast and bring it back to the room while my DH and kids got ready.

Maybe you could send one of the teens?

Let us know what they tell you.

TheRustyScupper
08-09-2008, 07:26 PM
1) If you have a "medical fridge" you won't have room for food.
2) They are VERY small.
3) If you pay for a fridge, then you get a "college size" fridge.
4) For appliances, toasters and microwaves are not permitted.
5) You CAN have a cooler and refill it with ice for the room to have
. . . milk
. . . cereal
. . . fruit
. . . etc

minnie1956
08-10-2008, 11:16 PM
Can't the family do without toast? There are so many other portable options these days.
Hotel rooms, especially the values are just not set up to handle small appliances. While I applaud anything that makes saving time ( and let's be honest) a little $$ on vacation, it's better to be safe. If toast or toasted things are an absolute must, you can always use the ones in the food courts.
Good luck, enjoy your trip!

kemps@wdw
08-10-2008, 11:21 PM
We only eat out once daily...usually @ dinner. Our other meals are in the room. We bring all our breakfast foods and drinks, bread, condiments, PB & J, snacks, sodas, water, all necessary utensils, cups, plates, bowls,(disposible of course) and adult beverages from home. we do, however, buy our milk and lunchmeat @ our resort. The frig in our room gets it workout! :D