PDA

View Full Version : How crowded is it @ Thanksgiving??

nyobabe2
08-08-2008, 10:29 AM
I need some advice. Due to certain circumstances it seems like our next trip for 09 will have to be for the week of Thanksgiving. I've been down during xmas week and it was terrible with crowds/lines. I am just wondering, from those of you who have traveled there during Thanksgiving week, how were the lines/crowds/weather?

Strmchsr
08-08-2008, 11:10 AM
Lines/crowds are big, especially Thanksgiving Day and the weekend following, but not quite as bad as Christmas week. As then, use Fast Pass, have a plan and you'll be fine. If you're down early in the week try to do the most popular things early then as crowds build you can concentrate on other things.

As for weather, no way to forecast was November 2009 will be like (or even November 2008 for that matter). I suggest you look in Info Central at the historic weather conditions for the last few years to get a general idea of what to expect.

Disney fans..
08-08-2008, 10:13 PM
We have been to Disney in 04 for Thanksgiving and it was very comfortable with low line waits but in 06 for Thanksgiving is was FREEZING (the bus driver said the coldest in 17 years)and the lines were crazy long! We are going again this year for Thanksgiving and we are hope that it is more like 04 then 06....but it doesn't really matter if it's a bit busy we love Disney at this time when it's kinda cool and decorated for Christmas.:cloud9:

SFTrny
08-09-2008, 09:06 AM
We went at Thanksgiving 2 years ago and are going back this year, same time. The weekend before Thanksgiving, and the first few days of the week, the parks we very nice. In the mornings, it was a lot less crowded than we saw during the summer. By Wednesday morning, the crowds had arrived. Thanksgiving day and Friday were packed, but by then we had seen a lot of the parks and used those days for boat rides and horseback riding in the afternoons.

nyobabe2
08-09-2008, 09:21 AM
Awesome! Thanks so much for giving me exactly what I wanted to hear:thumbsup: LOL
I had a feeling since most schools down in Florida were still in session the beginning of the week that we would see less crowds. We'll just rush all of the parks from Sunday till Weds and relax the rest of the week!!

TheRustyScupper
08-09-2008, 07:19 PM
Thanksgiving is the 2nd busiest week of the year, after Christmas Week.

Diznee4Me
08-10-2008, 02:30 PM
We went last year. The weekend before thru the Wednesday were pleasant. It started to get busy Thanksgiving day so we hit MK for a half day and went back to the room.

nyobabe2
08-10-2008, 02:50 PM
That seems to be the response I am hearing most, or reading most. I think people are telling me it's super crowded because they don't want anyone in on the little secret that it's only crowded part of the week...what do you think? LOL:secret: